IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
Old 12-16-14, 11:38 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

>>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-13, 12:12 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
Highly recommend these packages over what Sewell offers...plus you get the best service possible from Ken!
Thanks!
Old 09-25-13, 03:53 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a victim of the trunk cover breaking as well when installing that LED...it's a pain in the *** but it's so tough to get out without snapping the clip off. Everything else is a piece of cake! Haven't done the mirrors yet, might trying get the dealership to do it on my next appointment. Will try and post of pics later.
Old 09-25-13, 04:27 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PJJames
I was a victim of the trunk cover breaking as well when installing that LED...it's a pain in the *** but it's so tough to get out without snapping the clip off. Everything else is a piece of cake! Haven't done the mirrors yet, might trying get the dealership to do it on my next appointment. Will try and post of pics later.
The trunk light is very tight and definitely is a pain to get off. Hope you like your new LED upgrades you ordered from us. Be sure to share some photos when you have a chance
Old 10-03-13, 11:10 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

All private messages and emails replied!
Old 10-04-13, 02:14 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

I got the truck light back together and also the puddle lamps installed. They were fairly easy actually. All you have to do is pull fairly hard on the mirror itself (it is strong and hard to break) and 4 clamps will release. Once the mirror is out, if you have BSM system there are cables hooking this up so just let the mirror hang or rest on the car. Then there are 5 screws, remove those and you'll see the puddle light underneath the assembly. Install it, make sure it works and reassemble. It's pretty straight forward and anyone can do it. Good luck!
Old 10-04-13, 04:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Did this mod about three weeks ago and never posted the during and after shots for the 6000K HIDs in this thread. Right bulb is still stock 4300K. Noticeable difference.

HID Powerhouse shipping was great and the bulbs emit a nice white (hint of blue) light. My only "regret" is they make the LED DRLs look a tad "yellowish" now in comparison. I think the 5000K bulbs might have created a more cohesive look.
Attached Thumbnails >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)-light1.jpg   >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)-light2.jpg   >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)-light3.jpg   >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)-light4.jpg   >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)-light5.jpg  

Old 10-04-13, 04:17 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Looking good! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Old 10-05-13, 05:07 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do they ship outside the US ?
Reliability of these LEDs ?
What is the difference between these and the ones in Sewell ?
I want to order 2 packages .

Last edited by AMNss; 10-05-13 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-05-13, 11:15 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AMNss
Do they ship outside the US ?
Reliability of these LEDs ?
What is the difference between these and the ones in Sewell ?
I want to order 2 packages .
Yes, we ship internationally. Our LEDs and HID upgrades come with a 1 year warranty for your peace of mind. We have several LED packages available depending on your preference for brightness. We can also put together a custom LED package if you have specific criteria or have something in mind already.

Send us a private message or email if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you
Old 10-08-13, 08:26 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

All private messages replied
Old 10-13-13, 09:39 AM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

Another satisfied HIDPOWERHOUSE customer.

Replaced the following with LEDs:
Footwells
Door courtesy
Puddle
Front and Rear Dome

There are plenty of reference pics on this thread so I won't bother with more before and afters.

For me the LR4 lights were fine for the footwells, courtesy and puddle. Bright enough at night without it looking too much like "hey look at all the bright lights" or "theres a police night sun shining on my car!"

I did go with the K-Spec 6 leds for the front and back domes and even these are very bright at night...maybe too bright for me but we'll see. Depending on how you doublestick the panel (nice that they already have the 3M tape on them) inside fixture you can sort of control which general direction a majority of the light will shine.

For me, removing the footwell bulbs was the biggest pain due to the cramped space (underside) and the tight clearance to grab the bulb without fear of breaking them. These (footwells) ended up being harder to do than the puddle lights.

For the puddles, after I figured out a slightly easier way to release the side mirror and save my fingers from pain, I had each light done in about 5 - 10 mins.

Since I'm satisfied with these... I'll give the backup lights a try next. Not going to mess with the interior trunk as I know I break something given the previous comments.

Shipping from Canada to So Cal only took about 4 days. (Fast in my opinion)

Last edited by RaysurX; 10-13-13 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-13-13, 12:20 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I ordered the full set and it looks good. I was wondering how people were attaching the front and rear panel dome lights. I know there is adhesive on the back, but there is nothing for it to stick to, so it rests on the cover lens and flops around a bit.
Old 10-13-13, 02:35 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by waynetech2
I ordered the full set and it looks good. I was wondering how people were attaching the front and rear panel dome lights. I know there is adhesive on the back, but there is nothing for it to stick to, so it rests on the cover lens and flops around a bit.
You can use a piece of hard cardboard piece and use a bit of tape to better manipulate the position of the LED panel. Another way to position the LED panel is to play with the red and black wiring by twisting and thus position the LED panel.

Originally Posted by RaysurX
Another satisfied HIDPOWERHOUSE customer.

Replaced the following with LEDs:
Footwells
Door courtesy
Puddle
Front and Rear Dome

There are plenty of reference pics on this thread so I won't bother with more before and afters.

For me the LR4 lights were fine for the footwells, courtesy and puddle. Bright enough at night without it looking too much like "hey look at all the bright lights" or "theres a police night sun shining on my car!"

I did go with the K-Spec 6 leds for the front and back domes and even these are very bright at night...maybe too bright for me but we'll see. Depending on how you doublestick the panel (nice that they already have the 3M tape on them) inside fixture you can sort of control which general direction a majority of the light will shine.

For me, removing the footwell bulbs was the biggest pain due to the cramped space (underside) and the tight clearance to grab the bulb without fear of breaking them. These (footwells) ended up being harder to do than the puddle lights.

For the puddles, after I figured out a slightly easier way to release the side mirror and save my fingers from pain, I had each light done in about 5 - 10 mins.

Since I'm satisfied with these... I'll give the backup lights a try next. Not going to mess with the interior trunk as I know I break something given the previous comments.

Shipping from Canada to So Cal only took about 4 days. (Fast in my opinion)
Thanks for ordering from HID Powerhouse, much appreciated!!!

We do our best to be quick with processing and shipping orders to ensure our customers get their orders in the shortest time possible.
Old 10-16-13, 12:33 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Just installed these.. and I have to say, they are nice.

But since knowing the Titan RR projects a bluish tint.

I did not expect the K- Spec 6 LED Panels to project the same blue tint that purchased to install on my courtesy door lights.(which is why i bought the K-Spec, pictures on site are deceiving)

In other words, they do not match the stock/OEM white license plate lights/headlights on my car like I wanted them to.

In my opinion, the OEM license plate light/headlight color is very luxurious and nice(Just because it doesn't have the blue tint, and seems PURE white). Just wish the ones from HID Powerhouse were the same :|

Last edited by aTeAse; 10-16-13 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-16-13, 04:11 AM
alpine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Just installed these.. and I have to say, they are nice.

But since knowing the Titan RR projects a bluish tint.

I did not expect the K- Spec 6 LED Panels to project the same blue tint that purchased to install on my courtesy door lights.(which is why i bought the K-Spec, pictures on site are deceiving)

In other words, they do not match the stock/OEM white license plate lights/headlights on my car like I wanted them to.

In my opinion, the OEM license plate light/headlight color is very luxurious and nice(Just because it doesn't have the blue tint, and seems PURE white). Just wish the ones from HID Powerhouse were the same :|
Yes, all these after market LEDs are too blue, it seems the Chinese fashion. But of course the higher the color temp (higher means more blue), the less sensitive the human eye is to the light. This is why OEM lights are less blue, because the manufacturers understand this...

And people sitting in cars under white interior LED illumination tend to look like dead zombies, it's very unflattering!

Quick Reply: >>> LED & HID Lighting Upgrades >>> (with comparison photos)