DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS - Club Lexus Forums


DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-13, 12:10 AM   #1
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS

ok so here goes. my first DIY. any constuctive criticism is welcome. And if anyone can shed some light on how to add this to the DIY sticky please PM me...thanks...

caveats - some clips had to be left unclipped which means some loose hoses. They don't THAT loose but it is not secure as it would be with the stock rubber pipe. and one of the hoses had to be bent in a different direction. It fits...not 100% as intended but maybe....94.83% of the way. I'd show you how i calculated that but....aint no one got time for that. good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-1-stock.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-2-battery-removal.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-3-cover-removal.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-4-compare.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-5-things-to-come-off.jpg  

r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:12 AM   #2
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default

how do i enter more than five pics at a time?
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-6-remove-rubber-intake.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-7-remove-filter-bolts.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-8-bolt-on-side.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-9-turn-box-upside-down.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-10-all-removed.jpg  

r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:14 AM   #3
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default

last steps...
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-11-install-new-housing.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-12-place-small-rubber-cap.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-13-install-pipe-completely.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-ta-ke-da2.jpg  
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:18 AM   #4
UpSideDown
Lead Lap
 
UpSideDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SE
Posts: 599
Default

Don't you lose the sound from the "sound generator" on the stock tub with this swap?
UpSideDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:24 AM   #5
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSideDown View Post
Don't you lose the sound from the "sound generator" on the stock tub with this swap?
The panasonic sound generator wasn't connected to the original intake so I assume it just picked up engine noise. I can't figure out if the current noise is coming from the intake or the exhaust but it has a growl now where it didn't prior to the swap. And its a pretty throaty growl. So if anything, the noise has been amplified (didnt really here one with the stock intake) . The growl is an added bonus.
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:45 AM   #6
UpSideDown
Lead Lap
 
UpSideDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SE
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
The panasonic sound generator wasn't connected to the original intake so I assume it just picked up engine noise. I can't figure out if the current noise is coming from the intake or the exhaust but it has a growl now where it didn't prior to the swap. And its a pretty throaty growl. So if anything, the noise has been amplified (didnt really here one with the stock intake) . The growl is an added bonus.
The posr nr.2 and nr.3 wasn't there when I posted. Thought you changed the tube.
UpSideDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 04:25 AM   #7
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,132
Default

Richie, A+ on the DIY. Though you're off on the fit - I calculate 94.82%

For a relatively simple swap, you have lots of detail and (thank you) clear shots and indications.

In theory you should gain a handful of hp - any noticeable difference? Was the sound any different than the 2IS?
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:31 AM   #8
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
Richie, A+ on the DIY. Though you're off on the fit - I calculate 94.82%

For a relatively simple swap, you have lots of detail and (thank you) clear shots and indications.

In theory you should gain a handful of hp - any noticeable difference? Was the sound any different than the 2IS?
Thanks man. I'm not sensitive enough to feel a 5-10HP (what Takeda advertises) increase so I couldn't tell you unfortunately. It definitely sounds/looks meaner so that is all the plus I need.

I never installed this into my 2IS so I have no reference either.
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:34 AM   #9
John510
Lead Lap
 
John510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 559
Default

You are awesome. Thank you for this.
John510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:40 AM   #10
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John510 View Post
You are awesome. Thank you for this.
welcome dude. thanks!
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 09:03 AM   #11
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default DIMyself... =)

If you buy the parts and have the time to drive down to Irvine,CA I will gladly install this for anyone with a 3IS for the price of a....milk tea boba. =)

I have all the tools necessary for this install so just PM me.
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 11:53 AM   #12
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
If you buy the parts and have the time to drive down to Irvine,CA I will gladly install this for anyone with a 3IS for the price of a....milk tea boba. =)

I have all the tools necessary for this install so just PM me.
I'll need about a 5 days travel time and 3000 miles later and I'll be there. haha.

Where did you purchase the intake? Wondering if I can buy it online and have it shipped to Toronto hopefully in time for when I get my IS in a few weeks. I'll also have to check for any fitment issues with the 250, but I doubt it...

Thanks
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 02:37 PM   #13
r0shiro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
r0shiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
I'll need about a 5 days travel time and 3000 miles later and I'll be there. haha.

Where did you purchase the intake? Wondering if I can buy it online and have it shipped to Toronto hopefully in time for when I get my IS in a few weeks. I'll also have to check for any fitment issues with the 250, but I doubt it...

Thanks
lol...

Here ya go. I doubt the fitment issues will be different than the ones I mentioned. Maybe...

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A5155A0A0.aspx
r0shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 04:57 PM   #14
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
lol...

Here ya go. I doubt the fitment issues will be different than the ones I mentioned. Maybe...

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A5155A0A0.aspx
Thanks the part (TR-2004P) for the 2IS 250/350 is the same so if yours works on the 3IS 350, it should fit on on the 2IS 250
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 05:06 PM   #15
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSideDown View Post
Don't you lose the sound from the "sound generator" on the stock tub with this swap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaperu View Post
The panasonic sound generator wasn't connected to the original intake so I assume it just picked up engine noise. I can't figure out if the current noise is coming from the intake or the exhaust but it has a growl now where it didn't prior to the swap. And its a pretty throaty growl. So if anything, the noise has been amplified (didnt really here one with the stock intake) . The growl is an added bonus.
Well, looks like you do lose the OEM F-Sport intake sound generator with the swap to the aftermarket air intake.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-13-03-23-lexus-is-intake-sound-generator.jpg  
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RX300 knock sensor replacement DIY salimshah RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 132 09-07-16 06:26 PM
Changing Transmission Fluid in a 5 spd - Easier than using the drain plug DashingDar SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 6 08-30-16 06:50 PM
coolant leak at upper radiator hose fitting Pzindy RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 2 10-15-15 07:43 PM
question about power steering resiovor hose triacon LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 7 11-24-14 12:33 PM
? Does your evap hoses have hoseclips raytseng GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 3 07-31-14 04:02 PM


Tags
2014, 2is, 350, 3is, clublexus, diy, intake, is250, is350, lexus, parts, sport, takeda

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved