IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-13, 12:10 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS

ok so here goes. my first DIY. any constuctive criticism is welcome. And if anyone can shed some light on how to add this to the DIY sticky please PM me...thanks...

caveats - some clips had to be left unclipped which means some loose hoses. They don't THAT loose but it is not secure as it would be with the stock rubber pipe. and one of the hoses had to be bent in a different direction. It fits...not 100% as intended but maybe....94.83% of the way. I'd show you how i calculated that but....aint no one got time for that. good luck.
Attached Thumbnails DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-1-stock.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-2-battery-removal.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-3-cover-removal.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-4-compare.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-5-things-to-come-off.jpg  

Old 07-25-13, 12:12 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

how do i enter more than five pics at a time?
Attached Thumbnails DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-6-remove-rubber-intake.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-7-remove-filter-bolts.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-8-bolt-on-side.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-9-turn-box-upside-down.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-10-all-removed.jpg  

Old 07-25-13, 12:14 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

last steps...
Attached Thumbnails DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-11-install-new-housing.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-12-place-small-rubber-cap.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-13-install-pipe-completely.jpg   DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-ta-ke-da2.jpg  
Old 07-25-13, 12:18 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you lose the sound from the "sound generator" on the stock tub with this swap?
Old 07-25-13, 12:24 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Don't you lose the sound from the "sound generator" on the stock tub with this swap?
The panasonic sound generator wasn't connected to the original intake so I assume it just picked up engine noise. I can't figure out if the current noise is coming from the intake or the exhaust but it has a growl now where it didn't prior to the swap. And its a pretty throaty growl. So if anything, the noise has been amplified (didnt really here one with the stock intake) . The growl is an added bonus.
Old 07-25-13, 12:45 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thejaperu
The panasonic sound generator wasn't connected to the original intake so I assume it just picked up engine noise. I can't figure out if the current noise is coming from the intake or the exhaust but it has a growl now where it didn't prior to the swap. And its a pretty throaty growl. So if anything, the noise has been amplified (didnt really here one with the stock intake) . The growl is an added bonus.
The posr nr.2 and nr.3 wasn't there when I posted. Thought you changed the tube.
Old 07-25-13, 04:25 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Richie, A+ on the DIY. Though you're off on the fit - I calculate 94.82%

For a relatively simple swap, you have lots of detail and (thank you) clear shots and indications.

In theory you should gain a handful of hp - any noticeable difference? Was the sound any different than the 2IS?
Old 07-25-13, 08:31 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Richie, A+ on the DIY. Though you're off on the fit - I calculate 94.82%

For a relatively simple swap, you have lots of detail and (thank you) clear shots and indications.

In theory you should gain a handful of hp - any noticeable difference? Was the sound any different than the 2IS?
Thanks man. I'm not sensitive enough to feel a 5-10HP (what Takeda advertises) increase so I couldn't tell you unfortunately. It definitely sounds/looks meaner so that is all the plus I need.

I never installed this into my 2IS so I have no reference either.
Old 07-25-13, 08:34 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are awesome. Thank you for this.
Old 07-25-13, 08:40 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by John510
You are awesome. Thank you for this.
welcome dude. thanks!
Old 07-25-13, 09:03 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default DIMyself... =)

If you buy the parts and have the time to drive down to Irvine,CA I will gladly install this for anyone with a 3IS for the price of a....milk tea boba. =)

I have all the tools necessary for this install so just PM me.
Old 07-25-13, 11:53 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

If you buy the parts and have the time to drive down to Irvine,CA I will gladly install this for anyone with a 3IS for the price of a....milk tea boba. =)

I have all the tools necessary for this install so just PM me.
I'll need about a 5 days travel time and 3000 miles later and I'll be there. haha.

Where did you purchase the intake? Wondering if I can buy it online and have it shipped to Toronto hopefully in time for when I get my IS in a few weeks. I'll also have to check for any fitment issues with the 250, but I doubt it...

Thanks
Old 07-25-13, 02:37 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I'll need about a 5 days travel time and 3000 miles later and I'll be there. haha.

Where did you purchase the intake? Wondering if I can buy it online and have it shipped to Toronto hopefully in time for when I get my IS in a few weeks. I'll also have to check for any fitment issues with the 250, but I doubt it...

Thanks
lol...

Here ya go. I doubt the fitment issues will be different than the ones I mentioned. Maybe...

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A5155A0A0.aspx
Old 07-25-13, 04:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

lol...

Here ya go. I doubt the fitment issues will be different than the ones I mentioned. Maybe...

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A5155A0A0.aspx
Thanks the part (TR-2004P) for the 2IS 250/350 is the same so if yours works on the 3IS 350, it should fit on on the 2IS 250
Old 07-25-13, 05:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Well, looks like you do lose the OEM F-Sport intake sound generator with the swap to the aftermarket air intake.
Attached Thumbnails DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS-13-03-23-lexus-is-intake-sound-generator.jpg  

Quick Reply: DIY - 2IS Takeda intake on 3IS