IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Laggy Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-13, 08:00 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok so at least I know its not just my car going crazy.

My navi system and radio reboots every time I am driving the car, the navi screen also gets stuck and when it comes back up it shows I'm driving in a complete other part of town. I don't like it one bit, I was going to bring the car into the dealer but since I see there is no quick fix for this issue I guess it makes no sense to bring it in.
Old 08-02-13, 07:27 AM
redcupr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was just getting the random restart of the radio/nav system. This morning it decided to completely lock up for about 10 minutes. I'll let the dealer know so they have a tickler file on me when an update comes out.

Other than this little thing the car is perfect.
Old 08-02-13, 08:51 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redcupr
Well, I was just getting the random restart of the radio/nav system. This morning it decided to completely lock up for about 10 minutes. I'll let the dealer know so they have a tickler file on me when an update comes out.

I hope the fix is available sooner than expected. The system used in IS is a brand new IVI (In-vehicle infotainment) system based on Linux and I look forward to experience it when I get the car as I am in favor of Linux.

http://linuxgizmos.com/linux-based-i...t-on-the-rise/
Old 08-07-13, 08:31 AM
redcupr
Driver

Well the system locked up again to the point that I couldn't even turn the radio off. Shutting down the car and starting back up made everything work again. Called Lexus of Bellevue, they said drop it by and they're looking at it. My service advisor said the system keeps a log of error codes and that they found some, so we'll see what the results are.

In the meantime I'm driving one of their 2013 RX350 loaners
Old 08-07-13, 08:38 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Well the system locked up again to the point that I couldn't even turn the radio off. Shutting down the car and starting back up made everything work again. Called Lexus of Bellevue, they said drop it by and they're looking at it. My service advisor said the system keeps a log of error codes and that they found some, so we'll see what the results are.

Please post what the dealer results are, I haven't even had time to contact my dealer about the issue.
Old 08-07-13, 09:17 AM
alopez
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Please post what the dealer results are, I haven't even had time to contact my dealer about the issue.
Go to General Setting and Delete Personal Info and then run a Update... My ML now works perfectly!
Old 08-08-13, 09:32 AM
redcupr
Driver

Got the car back on Wednesday, they were able to recreate some of the freezing up and took a video of it to send to "TAZ". In the meantime, they want me to use it as I normally would except don't connect any bluetooth phones to it for a week and see if the problem comes back. So we'll see what happens, then system is running smoothly and a little faster than before.
Old 08-08-13, 12:31 PM
bigtang1
Rookie

Got the car back on Wednesday, they were able to recreate some of the freezing up and took a video of it to send to "TAZ". In the meantime, they want me to use it as I normally would except don't connect any bluetooth phones to it for a week and see if the problem comes back. So we'll see what happens, then system is running smoothly and a little faster than before.
Whadda think of the Lexus of Bellevue guys? Pretty awesome group, no?
Old 08-08-13, 01:24 PM
bwk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer has replaced my radio and now works just fine

Last edited by bwk; 08-26-13 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-09-13, 07:23 AM
redcupr
Driver

Originally Posted by bigtang1
Whadda think of the Lexus of Bellevue guys? Pretty awesome group, no?
Lexus of Bellevue is incredible, it's like walking into a hotel lobby filled with cars. Everybody there has been great from Sales to Service to the Deli in the back. I have yet to partake in the putt putt golf course.

Update on the fix. My SA called yesterday, the TAZ guys looked at the video of my car acting up and let him know that they are working on an update now. No timeframe as to when it will be released, but it's good to know that they are definitely aware that there's an issue out there.
Old 08-09-13, 08:47 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Is anyone using USB thumb stick to listen to MP3's? If I have a lot of music the system becomes bogged down with building voice recognition database and takes days to complete and even when it's done I can't say certain artist with Voice. It just won't play for some tracks. Anyone has this issue?
Old 08-09-13, 01:18 PM
wildtigg3r
Driver School Candidate

Experienced my 1st reboot today. Car was at 511 miles. Was listening to the radio. System rebooted and came back on pretty quick.

I'm keeping a log myself to see how many times this will happen.
Old 08-09-13, 03:42 PM
redcupr
Driver

Originally Posted by wildtigg3r
Experienced my 1st reboot today. Car was at 511 miles. Was listening to the radio. System rebooted and came back on pretty quick.

I'm keeping a log myself to see how many times this will happen.
That's exactly what mine did, music only stopped for a few seconds. The screen was back shortly after.
Old 08-10-13, 04:01 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up my car the other day, and pretty much all controls via the screen are laggy. I got really annoyed when I pressed the mode button on the steering wheel for changing the music source and I had to wait for at least 3-4 seconds for the screen to change. Everything about this car is good except this.
Old 08-27-13, 08:02 AM
redcupr
Driver

Just an update, I did what Lexus suggested and left the bluetooth phone disconnected. Didn;t experience any restart/locking up problems (it's still kinda slow).

Reconnected the phone when we did a roadtrip last week, it was fine for the first day, but day number two brought about a couple of system restarts. Had another restart happen yesterday, so I have disconnected the phone again to see if it occurs.

Looks like it's most likely related to bluetooth.

Speaking of bluetooth, I have an iPhone 5 and it gets hot just being connected to the car (no phone call/streaming) Anyone else experience a heat issue with your phone?

Quick Reply: Laggy Audio System