Laggy Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 05:50 AM
bwk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laggy Audio System

Hi All,

Just picked up my Ultra White IS-F sport this past Friday. Love the car but one thing that bugs me is I find the radio tuner and navigation system extremely slow to respond compared to my 2013 GS and my CT200h. Also everyone complains that they can hear a lot of echo when talking to me while using my bluetooth built into the car (tried different phones)

Just want some of your input before going in to the dealer with these complaints during my first service at 1800km.

Thanks!

Last edited by bwk; 07-26-13 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-23-13, 07:10 AM
redcupr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, we picked up our Ultra White F-Sport one week ago. This is the first car I've had with this complex of a multimedia system, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I agree, it could be a bit more snappy.

The issue I've been having is it restarting itself every once in a while, it has probably done it 6 times in the past week (200 miles).

As far as bluetooth, I have an iPhone 5, my wife has an iPhone 4. We're both impressed at how good it's sounds. Much better than my in-law's Buick and better than my parents' BMW.

We love the car, so glad we chose it over an Audi S4.
Old 07-23-13, 07:44 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bwk
Hi All,

Just picked up my Ultra White IS-F sport this past Friday here in Toronto Canada. Love the car but one thing that bugs me is I find the radio tuner and navigation system extremely slow to respond compared to my 2013 GS and my CT200h. Also everyone complains that they can hear a lot of echo when talking to me while using my bluetooth built into the car (tried different phones)

Just want some of your input before going in to the dealer with these complaints during my first service at 1800km.

Thanks!
I also found navigating the interface and the navi very slow to react in a dealer organized track event the past weekend. In my particular case, the car was sitting in the main hall for display and many people got in and out the car while waiting for their turn to test the other 3ISs on the track. I thought it was due to battery draining because the car has been sitting there all day without external power and people performed the "test drive" with the interior too much. In fact, it came with the Mark Levinson and my purpose was to listen to the sound system. . Every time when I opened the door, the main screen (7") shut down. I also compare it with another Lexus that own which is a 2011 RX350.

Strangely, on another occasion, I had a test drive with another IS before, which was equipped with non-navi system. During the 10-15 minutes idle time, I was navigating the main interface, browsing all the options, listening to the audio system and I didn't experience the same kind of lag.

I hope they can fix it soon. In another thread on this forum, there seems to be an update in July. Can anyone shed your input?
Old 07-23-13, 11:38 AM
bwk
Rookie

Service dept at the dealer says there have been a few complaints by other customers about this issue

Last edited by bwk; 08-26-13 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-23-13, 12:03 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sometimes when im listening to the radio, it just cuts off and shows "system uploading" on the navi screen.
Old 07-23-13, 12:11 PM
titoman110
Driver

Today marks 3 weeks since i bought my IS3. Since then my Navi has rebooted on its own as well and brought it to my dealers attention about it. I told them I would keep them posted if it keeps on going.
Old 07-23-13, 01:42 PM
pianospike
Rookie

So for those with more experience with Lexus than myself (this would be my first Lexus), is this something that they will eventually make right? I'm in the process of having a dealer locate an IS350 F Sport for me, and I'm not thrilled about spending $2k+ on a buggy navigation system.
Old 07-23-13, 02:19 PM
SGIS14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pianospike
So for those with more experience with Lexus than myself (this would be my first Lexus), is this something that they will eventually make right? I'm in the process of having a dealer locate an IS350 F Sport for me, and I'm not thrilled about spending $2k+ on a buggy navigation system.
yes we've had some customers and even employees having the same issue. The tsib (recall) is on its way just waiting on lexus to give the green light no it.
Old 07-23-13, 02:21 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pianospike
From experience in all of my previous and current Lexus vehicles, Lexus normally would not leave the mess like this. I am confident they will fix it soon. The question is how quickly they can fix this issue...
Old 07-23-13, 06:10 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

It's especially slow just after car just started and I still cannot use voice command to play songs off USB. It keeps saying system is preparing for voice recognition and try again later. It worked when I first got the car but if there are too many songs in the USB it just takes so long.
Old 07-23-13, 06:35 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if this problem is limited to the region-specific software/firmware? Does anyone not in North America (say Europe, Asia,etc) have this kind of lag and occasional system freeze?
Old 07-23-13, 07:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
I wonder if this problem is limited to the region-specific software/firmware? Does anyone not in North America (say Europe, Asia,etc) have this kind of lag and occasional system freeze?
software was already updated 7/1 for the navi, and they didnt want to sell vehicles until that update arrived... so i would guess that another one is coming as well.
Old 07-23-13, 07:31 PM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

I've not had any of the issues mentioned on my Australian delivered is350 fsport. I will check the version and report back
Old 07-24-13, 04:05 AM
bwk
Rookie

Just checked a with a friend of mine in Hong Kong and he says the same thing. He has also seen the system reboot itself randomly on two occasions.
Old 07-24-13, 04:36 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

It's too bad you folks are experiencing what some automotive journalists experienced in their testing of the IS pre-production models a few months back. This is atypical of Lexus to have launched the car with this noticeable and consistent performance/reboot issue. It may be the unfortunate first builds with this issue and it may be why Lexus postponed the launch by a few weeks this summer in N.America to address newer builds - just a guess. The new IS is the first application of the latest gen NAV with its 3D renderings etc... However, I expect any net new builds in the very near future will not have this issue and for those affected, Lexus will take care of you via a TSIB or otherwise as some have already stated above.

Quick Reply: Laggy Audio System