Latest Nav on 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-13, 03:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Latest Nav on 3IS

Going to be test / working / writing on a brand new 2014 IS250 F Sport. So far I am enjoying it a lot and I think it's a very nice car. I think it's a big step up from the 2IS. Still trying to understand the car more and digging into the performance aspect, but here are a few pictures I snapped on the navigation.

The updates are awesome, even more details and selections. Controls are a bit different from previous generations but I am able to go through them quickly. And I love the split screens, you can have up to 3 menus on the screen. On the IS it might be a bit tight, but later on when they move this system in the GS and other models, I think that will be great

New radio screen

Split-2 screen

Split-3 screen
Old 07-18-13, 05:17 PM
sl0519
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow this is looking awesome. I wish they can implement this new system into the 12.3 screen GS.
Old 07-18-13, 06:10 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Pandora enform app works pretty well too. You can even use voice command to add Pandora station.
Old 07-18-13, 08:46 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With any luck, they'll use the extra inch on both sides to fit a larger screen before this generation runs its course.

How does the vehicle get it's data stream for Pandora, is it through your smart phone?
Old 07-18-13, 08:53 PM
mmims2000
Driver

Originally Posted by Ramon
How does the vehicle get it's data stream for Pandora, is it through your smart phone?
Yes, all the enform apps use your smartphone's data plan including pandora and iheartradio. Traffic is provided free via HD radio, but if you live in an area without HD radio service, your smartphone can provide the traffic data as a backup as well.
Old 07-18-13, 09:20 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmims2000
Yes, all the enform apps use your smartphone's data plan including pandora and iheartradio. Traffic is provided free via HD radio, but if you live in an area without HD radio service, your smartphone can provide the traffic data as a backup as well.
Thanks for the info. Does it do it via bluetooth or wifi?
Old 07-18-13, 09:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Bluetooth but you would need to have paired your smartphone first. It works with both Android and ios but Lexus enform app pre installed and logged in to account.
Old 07-18-13, 09:28 PM
mmims2000
Driver

Bluetooth! One of the things I really like is that the apps on your Enform system (just like the apps on your smartphone), can be updated via Bluetooth thru your phone's data connection. So, as bugs are discovered and fixed, or apps need to be updated to include additional functionality, the process is easy and doesnt require a trip to the dealer. Theoretically, they can even add apps in the future - for example, spotify, or the new iTunes radio, if that becomes a big success. I feel like this is one of the first systems in a car that can keep current with changing technology. Of course, it's ultimately up to Lexus to make the updates, but Im keeping my fingers crossed
Old 07-18-13, 09:34 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I am waiting on your 350 F Sport review!
Old 07-18-13, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
I am waiting on your 350 F Sport review!
that might be the next car i get. i am really enjoying the handling and the car overall. just like gs350 this car is again hungry for more power. i want to see if with the 350 it will be a even more "balanced" machine

and yes, i am still digging around the nav, it's quite different from previous gen!
Old 07-19-13, 07:23 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

New update, yet, They still haven't updated XM to have the station name instead of channel number displayed. I doubt, they have fixed the info displayed character limitation as well with XM either...
Old 07-19-13, 07:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that might be the next car i get. i am really enjoying the handling and the car overall. just like gs350 this car is again hungry for more power. i want to see if with the 350 it will be a even more "balanced" machine

and yes, i am still digging around the nav, it's quite different from previous gen!
trip computer is also a lot nicer than before... finally got updated properly.
Old 07-20-13, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by spwolf
trip computer is also a lot nicer than before... finally got updated properly.
i think all menus got updated and much nicer. even the climate control screen, it's more dynamic and more graphics now. very very well done
Old 07-20-13, 12:56 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

You mean you are enjoying the handling and the car, which car are you referring to?
The IS250 F Sport or the GS350 F Sport?

Yes, the IS350 F Sport can handle more power and NEED more power.
I think you need the NEW IS F, the 350 is not enough for you.
Old 07-21-13, 09:27 PM
jagged
Driver School Candidate

I noticed that when you load the multimedia screen (radio, usb music, etc), the system reverts back to the default screen setting after a few seconds.

However, the system doesn't do this when other screens are loaded (navi, aircon, fuel consumption, etc).

Anyone knows the setting to make the multimedia screen stay on?

Quick Reply: Latest Nav on 3IS