I am gonna jump on this lease deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13, 03:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by kesando
That's where I plan on moving to as soon as I retire
Oh, absolutely! Cash it all in, move to Arkansas and live like a king. I'm with ya!
Old 07-12-13, 06:37 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be going into the dealership tomorrow and hopefully get a nice lease deal on a F-Sport !!! I'm gonna try my best not to look too , too excited and anxious for the IS haaaaa !!!!
Old 07-12-13, 07:12 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
I'll be going into the dealership tomorrow and hopefully get a nice lease deal on a F-Sport !!! I'm gonna try my best not to look too , too excited and anxious for the IS haaaaa !!!!

Best of luck!! Don't forget to let us know what happened.

What color are you looking to get??
Old 07-12-13, 08:19 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Best of luck!! Don't forget to let us know what happened.

What color are you looking to get??
My original choices were Silver or White but after seeing the pictures that you had posted of your Black ride .......... that may be another choice !!! Decisions , decisions ...... decisions !!
Old 07-12-13, 09:04 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

My original choices were Silver or White but after seeing the pictures that you had posted of your Black ride .......... that may be another choice !!! Decisions , decisions ...... decisions !!
Those were my choices too. But then the dealer I went to had black with red interior and I threw my other choices out the window. Even though I swore 7 years ago I would never own another black car again!! But I took one look at the front of the car with the monster fsport grill and red seats and said WTF i will only live once-so i might as well enjoy!!!

Whatever color you choose you will love it!!! Please let us know!!
Old 07-12-13, 10:01 PM
mmims2000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those were my choices too. But then the dealer I went to had black with red interior and I threw my other choices out the window. Even though I swore 7 years ago I would never own another black car again!! But I took one look at the front of the car with the monster fsport grill and red seats and said WTF i will only live once-so i might as well enjoy!!!

I swore against ever getting a black car again too...... And then I bought my black/red 3IS.... It's just so perfect :-)
Old 07-12-13, 11:28 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pinipig523
I'm 31, I make probably close to 10x what you're making and the thought of buying a $45-50K car is still something that I have to stop and think about.... just trying to give you a perspective here. You're trying to do too much too soon.
So what you're saying is you probably make a half a million a year but yet you would think twice about purchasing an entry level luxury car?
Old 07-13-13, 07:02 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmims2000
I swore against ever getting a black car again too...... And then I bought my black/red 3IS.... It's just so perfect :-)

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the black/red family. I just think its the sexiest combo on the new 3IS!!
Old 07-13-13, 07:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Remember to find out the MSRP, sales price, money factor, residual and drive off costs, don't just negotiate on the payment...

Originally Posted by webhed
So what you're saying is you probably make a half a million a year but yet you would think twice about purchasing an entry level luxury car?
I kinda wondered the same thing lol
Old 07-13-13, 07:18 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Depends where you live....my cost of ownership of an is includes 550 a month for parking and 400 a month for insurance. That would be 1700 a month, or 40k a year before tax. Tack that on to 50k a year per kid k12 and 50% taxable income and yes 500k is hard to justify a lexus in nyc vs arkansas

Last edited by ThermonMer; 07-13-13 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-13-13, 09:31 AM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
Depends where you live....my cost of ownership of an is includes 550 a month for parking and 400 a month for insurance. That would be 1700 a month, or 40k a year before tax. Tack that on to 50k a year per kid k12 and 50% taxable income and yes 500k is hard to justify a lexus in nyc vs arkansas
Living in NYC can suck you dry LOL! That said I am by no means struggling. Just prioritizing for now just like you seem to be doing. That said I do hope to join the Lexus club in a few years.
Old 07-14-13, 06:10 AM
pinipig523
Rookie

You don't get rich by spending money frivolously.
Old 07-14-13, 09:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

There's spending money frivolously and theres denying yourself things and experiences that you want. If you are happy driving older and used cars then thats fine, why spend your money on things that you don't derive enjoyment over? BUT, people making far less than $500,000 CAN afford these cars (no matter where you live). If you look at a car like the IS I would venture to say the average income for a purchaser is probably around $100k. $500,000 a year is a great income, an income very few Americans have, and if buying a $48,000 car throws off your goals of "getting rich" with a $42,000 per month gross monthly income, you're doing something wrong.

Its all a balance. To me life is not about getting to the cemetery with the most money. I work hard, make a good living, I have a financial and retirement plan and invest...but I also enjoy my life. Have a nice home, I love cars and I spend money to drive what I want. We love eating out, we do that a lot, we take several nice vacations a year...we do all of that on less than $500k in income in a very expensive place to live.

The key is never to live beyond your means, because doing so, especially early in life, keeps you from being able to get to a point where you are financially strong & independent...but I don't see a point in living radically below your means either...which I think not buying a $48k car you want with a $500k income classifies as. If you don't really want the car thats a different story.
Old 07-14-13, 11:54 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Well ...... the dealer wouldnt budge too far from MSRP with it being of course a new model since the sales guy " liked " me he offered a $500 discount of MSRP but I know he was getting all the back and more for my trade in !?!?

I havent had my current ride too long and the amount they were offering me was absurd so it was pushing the overall number beyond what I wanted to pay. Looks as if i'll just have to wait a bit longer which sucks but my current ride right now is pretty bad *** so no complaints here

PS Ill just continue to lurk and drool over everyone's IS"s for now haaa !!!
Old 07-14-13, 12:46 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Well ...... the dealer wouldnt budge too far from MSRP with it being of course a new model since the sales guy " liked " me he offered a $500 discount of MSRP but I know he was getting all the back and more for my trade in !?!?

I havent had my current ride too long and the amount they were offering me was absurd so it was pushing the overall number beyond what I wanted to pay. Looks as if i'll just have to wait a bit longer which sucks but my current ride right now is pretty bad *** so no complaints here

PS Ill just continue to lurk and drool over everyone's IS"s for now haaa !!!
That's ok. Prices will come down from Msrp later in the year. It was tough buy I was able to get about $1422 off Msrp with 2 years free maintenance. It was month end and quarter end and dealer wanted to move cars.

I'll post more pics so you can drool over my ride and keep you satisfied and sway you to the black is250fsport.

Can I see pictures of your current ride??

Quick Reply: I am gonna jump on this lease deal