IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Will the streets be flooded with White F Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 10:07 AM
pianospike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillhart
Not according to the Lexus "build your own" page. White, silver, grey, black. Why there are no bold colors is beyond me, but *shrug*
The configurator may not allow it, but they are for sale and in stock. Lexus of Cerritos has a Matador Red F Sport in stock.

http://www.shoplexusdealer.com/?ibs=...p=91731&grp=IS
Old 07-10-13, 11:39 AM
Stillhart
Rookie

That's interesting... and a nice site. When I try to search my local dealers for the IS, they only display the 2013 models. I'm not sure if that means they have none (doubtful, there were at least 5 of them last weekend) or if it's a bug in the web site (much more likely).

Either way, I wouldn't consider that burgundy (yes, it looks a lot more burgundy in real life, saw it last weekend) to be a bold color like a true red. Nor any of the non-F-sport colors, really...
Old 07-10-13, 11:51 AM
pianospike
Rookie

That's interesting... and a nice site. When I try to search my local dealers for the IS, they only display the 2013 models. I'm not sure if that means they have none (doubtful, there were at least 5 of them last weekend) or if it's a bug in the web site (much more likely).

Either way, I wouldn't consider that burgundy (yes, it looks a lot more burgundy in real life, saw it last weekend) to be a bold color like a true red. Nor any of the non-F-sport colors, really...
Yeah, I don't know what is going on with most of the dealer websites that they list no 2014 IS models when you access their inventory directly from their website.

Anyway, this site appear to work for accessing inventory for the dealerships in any given area. Just type in your zip code.

http://www.lexus.com/configurator/?ibs=1&

And I agree with you, the lack of bold colors on the F Sport is really odd. I'm still holding out a slim hope that USB will make it to the US in the near future.
Old 07-10-13, 12:53 PM
Stillhart
Rookie

Cool, thanks for that link. Looks like mine has a Matador Red IS250 F-sport as well. And looky here, a 350 F-sport! I'll be test driving that puppy this weekend, hopefully!
Old 07-11-13, 09:31 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think white is the most popular color so far, and if i was suppose to buy one right now i would go for the white. I think it absolutely gorgeous in white.....
Old 07-11-13, 09:51 AM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the IS F Sport in Ultra White and living in Los Angeles I feel like I'm going to have to make a few outside mods in order to stand out from all the White IS F Sports that are going to hit the roads. For me it was between the Grey or White but dealer only had the Ultra White and Black so went with the Snow Bunny White. Got to say. I'm very happy cause the Grill really stands out in White.
Attached Thumbnails Will the streets be flooded with White F Sports?-lexus-2014-is-f-sport.jpg  
Old 07-11-13, 10:02 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the reference as "Snow Bunny White". I have yet to see Ultra White in person but that description enhances what I see in all the pics. The grille definitely pops.
Old 07-11-13, 10:17 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Angry Panda...

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
I like the reference as "Snow Bunny White". I have yet to see Ultra White in person but that description enhances what I see in all the pics. The grille definitely pops.
I'm picking up my Ultra with Rioja today...white with black accents on the outside, red on the inside...I call it the Angry Panda...
Old 07-11-13, 10:25 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Congrats. Make sure to take pics so I can drool over the colors that I ordered.
Old 07-11-13, 10:51 AM
justkramer
Driver School Candidate

The Lexus website only allows certain configurations to be "built" in each specific region. For example, it's not allowing me to build an Ultra White FSport 250 with Light Grey interior, however I can go into my dealership and special order it which I will probably do.
Side note - am I the ONLY person who loves the look of the two tone grey/black interior on the F Sport? They are so hard to find and they are not making them in Ultra White. It looks so much more dynamic than the all black interior and the bolstered seats look more aggressive in the light grey nuluxe. IMHO. I like the Rioja Red but I know I'd get sick of it after a year and it doesn't seem like it would wear well over time. Agree/Disagree?
Old 07-11-13, 11:37 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by justkramer
The Lexus website only allows certain configurations to be "built" in each specific region. For example, it's not allowing me to build an Ultra White FSport 250 with Light Grey interior, however I can go into my dealership and special order it which I will probably do.
Side note - am I the ONLY person who loves the look of the two tone grey/black interior on the F Sport? They are so hard to find and they are not making them in Ultra White. It looks so much more dynamic than the all black interior and the bolstered seats look more aggressive in the light grey nuluxe. IMHO. I like the Rioja Red but I know I'd get sick of it after a year and it doesn't seem like it would wear well over time. Agree/Disagree?
The website has the configurations that Lexus is shipping to the various regions and wants to sell. Anyone who does not know better, will just settle for what Lexus wants to force feed to them. I would have never gotten what I wanted if I did not special order. I do like the light gray interior as well for the same reason. It is not monotone throughout. I like the way the eyes are diverted to various components of the interior via the color break. I would think that the red interior will wear just as well as any of the colors being that it is a Lexus after all.