IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Will the streets be flooded with White F Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-13, 12:53 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
That is why they produce a variety of colors. I obviously like the white. It is the stark black and white contrast with the front grille that is really striking to me. I currently have a Starfire Pearl 2IS 350.
As far as the color symbolism, we could do that for any and all colors. I do not sweat it.
With 3IS, I think they got colors that anyone could like.... so maybe not huge choice, but all look great, I wouldnt mind if I owned any of them...

With 2IS, i didnt like a lot of them...
Old 07-09-13, 02:48 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Certainly not the case here in Los Angeles.

Ultra white is one of the worst colors on this car, in my opinion. It brings out the beady headlights and reminds me of a boring fleet or rental car. White also symbolizes death in many cultures. But enjoy your white car!!
None of these owners is driving in Japan or China and even there white is only associated with death because the guests wear white. Besides last I heard death is a given for all of us and is only a worry for mean spirited people -- like people who post snarky comments on a good natured thread.

Sometimes I come across posts that are like graffiti from a bad neighborhood.
Old 07-09-13, 03:00 PM
LexFather

I'm a big fan of the combo clearly ... I think people are going to really go for the F-sport and opt for the red interior.

Old 07-09-13, 03:10 PM
bd307
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like you are suggesting something here
Old 07-09-13, 07:53 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
None of these owners is driving in Japan or China and even there white is only associated with death because the guests wear white. Besides last I heard death is a given for all of us and is only a worry for mean spirited people -- like people who post snarky comments on a good natured thread.

Sometimes I come across posts that are like graffiti from a bad neighborhood.
You mean snarky comments like "I've seen 600 of them already". Glass houses, stones...
Old 07-09-13, 10:11 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I think Blueprint is suggesting a color option here? An IS350 F-Sport in USB and Red interior?
Old 07-10-13, 05:42 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
I think Blueprint is suggesting a color option here? An IS350 F-Sport in USB and Red interior?
That keep calm poster does looks suspiciously similar to USB
Old 07-10-13, 06:17 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
You mean snarky comments like "I've seen 600 of them already". Glass houses, stones...
Yes but I didn't go to dark places like inferring that people may have bought and be driving a new car that is associated with death for the purpose of messing with their minds -- did I? There is sarcasm and then there is an assault on the comfort level of people by alluding to something like death. And then when you put it into the context of all the posts made by a forum member you get an idea as to whether that person has made an attempt to add value on occasion or if that person typically just posts to irritate.

Finally, it is clearly a joke I made since they only sold 500 in total and I included the snark alert favicon. If you took that outrageous number of 600 white IS sold already seriously, as the truth, then I apologize. If you're comfortable with posts about death and prefer them in your thread then I wish you well. A straight answer to your question before I leave this thread -- yes, I believe the streets will be flooded with white IS's based on living in LA and witnessing the popularity of that color.

In closing I'm the one who did the research to debunk the white is associated with death myth -- you might consider thanking me for that -- I added value. I extended myself for the benefit of others -- I own a Nebula Gray IS.

Last edited by Glashub; 07-10-13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-10-13, 06:31 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Certainly not the case here in Los Angeles.

Ultra white is one of the worst colors on this car, in my opinion. It brings out the beady headlights and reminds me of a boring fleet or rental car. White also symbolizes death in many cultures. But enjoy your white car!!
I wish I never enter this Thread, thanks to you, its like "watching graffiti happen" -- You are one sick individual and need some counseling..

and btw I'm Asian.. lol
Old 07-10-13, 06:51 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had several black cars in the past and had the Smoky Granite Mica, which when waxed almost looked black in the last gen......The only color I didnt really like was the red! It was a tough choice between Black or White.. The only reason I went with white was because I loved the front grill contrast and how the white shows off all air intakes on the front.
Old 07-10-13, 08:08 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gocubs08
I've had several black cars in the past and had the Smoky Granite Mica, which when waxed almost looked black in the last gen......The only color I didnt really like was the red! It was a tough choice between Black or White.. The only reason I went with white was because I loved the front grill contrast and how the white shows off all air intakes on the front.
I agree. LEXUS is not Stupid. They know exactly what they are doing.. I believe since White/Red is one of the best combos, they decide to push out mostly white in the forefront so it can be like a "Rolling Advertisement" -- very good marketing thinking here
Old 07-10-13, 09:01 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

curious as to why red isnt a choice for F Sport. So you have white, silver, dark gray, and black
Old 07-10-13, 09:28 AM
pianospike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
curious as to why red isnt a choice for F Sport. So you have white, silver, dark gray, and black
Are you referring to exterior? Matador red is a choice for F sport.
Old 07-10-13, 09:34 AM
Stillhart
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pianospike
Are you referring to exterior? Matador red is a choice for F sport.
Not according to the Lexus "build your own" page. White, silver, grey, black. Why there are no bold colors is beyond me, but *shrug*
Old 07-10-13, 10:03 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Subjective

Originally Posted by dseag2
I went to my local Lexus dealership last week to check out the 3IS and the only F Sport was white w/ red interior. The salesperson then sent me the details on the next F Sport to arrive which is... you guessed it... white/red. Based on that, and what I'm seeing in the forum, I can only imagine there will soon be a white IS F Sport at every stoplight. I know white has been the most popular color for the GS F Sport, but it is at least metallic.

Lexus seems to think Ultra White is the color the car looks best in, but not everyone wants that color.
Color preference is subjective. Lexus (or any other company that makes anything) does not care which color the product looks best in. They care about sales. I shouldn't say ANY company...I should say all companies that care about the bottom line more than their personal preferences. I think you'll find color availability based on demographic sales projections. F-sports are geared toward a younger/aggressive generation which dictates colors and options.

Speaking for the F-Sport, auto racing swings towards white and red as contrast colors regardless of nationality. White and Red are sportier colors. Blacks and Beiges are traditionally luxurious colors. I speculate this is what drove Lexus to keep Ultra White (a truer white) exclusive to the f-sport and keep the luxurious starfire pearl to the non f-sport version of the vehicles.

I personally chose to purchase the white and red combo which forced me to wait a while because the dealership I chose to go with had a SEA of silver f-sports (which I can't stand - subjective).

What I am excited about is seeing a sea of 3IS'....... =)

Quick Reply: Will the streets be flooded with White F Sports?