IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

How are you going to deal with the front license plate on F-sport? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 10:42 AM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by janterry15
SF traffic cops are relentless. If they pull you over, it's not going to be just a fix it ticket.
Its all about luck! I got pulled over in SF for speeding and he let me go
Old 08-17-15, 02:29 PM
toeknee88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have magnets holding my license plate on. I got the idea from specOne. Its on his build thread somewhere.
Old 08-18-15, 10:32 AM
SummerRain
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got some "OFFICIAL" response from iJDMTOY. I will stay away from them and go for grimmspeed.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting iJDMTOY.

We designed the length of this license plate tow bar based on the stock tow bar found on the Lexus IS. You can see from the photo that the threading and length of the stock tow bar and the iJDMTOY license plate tow bar is a match.

The 3rd gen Lexus IS has a particular bumper that requires this tow bar length. Anything shorter might scrape the bumper.

For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime or call us directly at 626-872-1127 (9-6PM PST. Monday to Friday).

Sincerely
Johnny (CR807)
iJDMTOY

Old 08-18-15, 11:05 AM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerRain
I got some "OFFICIAL" response from iJDMTOY. I will stay away from them and go for grimmspeed.
Did you happen to snap a quick pic of it installed to show how far it's sticking out for others to reference?
Old 08-18-15, 02:01 PM
SummerRain
Driver

Originally Posted by chyeea03
Did you happen to snap a quick pic of it installed to show how far it's sticking out for others to reference?
You can find one in an Amazon review

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Adapte...RankDescending
Old 08-18-15, 02:12 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

Here's a pic of their new stubby

Old 08-18-15, 02:15 PM
SummerRain
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
Here's a pic of their new stubby

I would like to keep it if it's that short. i tried to contact them but they are not replacing the stud.
Old 08-18-15, 04:29 PM
StevenLiu
Driver School Candidate

I would like to keep it if it's that short. i tried to contact them but they are not replacing the stud.
Sell it to someone with a 2is
Old 08-18-15, 10:23 PM
SummerRain
Driver

Originally Posted by StevenLiu
Sell it to someone with a 2is
I am returning it. Amazon makes returning easier =]
Old 08-18-15, 10:29 PM
StevenLiu
Driver School Candidate

I am returning it. Amazon makes returning easier =]
Yeah amazon is really good with that. Grimmspeed time!!!!
Old 08-19-15, 12:27 AM
SummerRain
Driver

Originally Posted by StevenLiu
Yeah amazon is really good with that. Grimmspeed time!!!!
Already got the grimmspeed via same day shipping. It's a lot nicer than the ijdm one. I still prefer no front license plate though. I just have no choice in CA
Old 08-19-15, 12:34 AM
StevenLiu
Driver School Candidate

Already got the grimmspeed via same day shipping. It's a lot nicer than the ijdm one. I still prefer no front license plate though. I just have no choice in CA
I know exactly what you mean. My friends would tell me how they get tickets all the time. Not trying to go through all that day Lol
Old 08-19-15, 06:11 PM
nvbirdman
Driver School Candidate

I don't need a front plate in Nevada, but I wanted to attach something else so I used butterfly type hollow wall fasteners. Works great.
Old 08-28-15, 11:53 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crazych42
LOL. I got pulled over today by a local cop who thought I didn't have a front plate because she didn't see it. I so graciously pointed out to the young officer that I did, it was just not on the grill and was offset. After she sheepishly walked back from around the front of my car she sent me on my way.

BTW, in VA a front plate in the trunk or floorboard won't fly.
ahhaha... thanks for letting me know LOL... and here i was about to jsut take off my plate hahaha
Old 08-29-15, 11:00 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I bought my car in Delaware, which doesn't require a front plate either. I couldn't find the color combo I wanted so the dealer ordered a car from NJ. Typically, NJ dealers won't install the front tag bracket until they have a buyer for the car and know if they need the front tag or not. In my case, the NJ dealer installed the bracket.

My dealer removed the bracket and installed a set of bumper plugs - see attached pic. I wasn't happy, but my only choice would've been to have them locate another car. In my case, the car they ordered came with several options that I didn't request, but the dealer didn't raise the price and kept or original deal. IF I told them to order a new car, there's a good chance the car they found might not have had these extra options. So I decided to take delivery and live with the plugs. As you can see, they are VERY minimal and nobody would see them if I didn't point them out.

That said, I know they are there and they do bother me a bit. I've contacted my body shop to see if it's possible to remove the plugs and fill the holes with some plastic filler. Kinda like spackling a wall.

However, for those who are looking to get rid of front plate brackets, the bumper plugs do work quite well.

ugh going to go to a auto shop and pick up some bumper plugs -_- just took off the plate and was shocked yet not lol... i am dropping my license plate a couple inches down and tying it off wiht a zip tie, ill show you the results

Quick Reply: How are you going to deal with the front license plate on F-sport? (Merged Threads)