IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-13, 04:10 PM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice

Test drove the IS350 both versions - liked both versions - decided on the F due to instrument cluster and Sport Plus mode

The F that I drove was black and I really liked it. Also, because the black is difficult to keep clean and looking new without a lot of attention, I prefer to buy black on smaller sized cars like IS and the other family SUV can be a lighter colour. The black also blends in the massive grill which I do like sometimes on the white color IS but not always.

I like the special white color which is reserved for the F.

I've already put the down payment on a metallic black (the normal black is more glossy but scratches show up more easily). Not sure if I will regret not getting that special white of the F.

In either case the interior will be red

Thoughts/comments welcome
Old 07-01-13, 04:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

217 is nice color, it should match perfectly with red interior
Old 07-01-13, 05:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

My initial order was Ultra White on Rioja Red and I changed my mind for the same reasons. Wasn't easy, but I was convinced when I spent hours researching pictures and studying them carefully.

I switched my order to black (Obsidian-only in Canada for F-Sport) on the outside instead, with the same sporty Rioja Red interior. For me, this is a winning color combination and as for the front, I find the LED "arrow" daytime lights and the chrome outline of the spindle grill contrast best and give off the most aggressive look on the black exterior.

I'd stick with black/red, but any color really is a beauty. Just some slightly more than others and it really is about what you really like.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-13, 07:28 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just picked up this exact color combo black with red interior on an IS250 F sport. After years of having black cars I've vowed I would never get another one. But I have already had two white IS250's and two silver ones. So I wanted something completely different.

I saw the black with a red interior and I was sold!!!! First I saw the black with a black interior and while it was gorgeous the black with a red interior was out of this world. Sometimes I feel like it's almost too gorgeous to drive.

So stick with the black with a red you will like it I actually like it much better than the ultra white with red interior
Old 07-01-13, 10:09 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you considered Ultrasonic Blue?

It's the best color for an F-Sport IMO. Makes the IS look like an exotic supercar.
Old 07-02-13, 12:55 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the new Atomic Silver looks fantastic. A new take on silver. It's darker, kinda like polished silver.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...13563496_o.jpg
Old 07-02-13, 10:36 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Default Arrived

The car arrived at the dealership

I'll go to see it tomorrow and take some pics

The color is called Starlight Black

I told them to park it underground as I don't want any poop on it before taking the delivery !!!

Last edited by 03LX470; 07-02-13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 12:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Test drove the IS350 both versions - liked both versions - decided on the F due to instrument cluster and Sport Plus mode

The F that I drove was black and I really liked it. Also, because the black is difficult to keep clean and looking new without a lot of attention, I prefer to buy black on smaller sized cars like IS and the other family SUV can be a lighter colour. The black also blends in the massive grill which I do like sometimes on the white color IS but not always.

I like the special white color which is reserved for the F.

I've already put the down payment on a metallic black (the normal black is more glossy but scratches show up more easily). Not sure if I will regret not getting that special white of the F.

In either case the interior will be red

Thoughts/comments welcome
Let's try and get into the swing of things by saying F-Sport and not F which is reserved for high performance Lexus's.

This goes for everyone. There is no F right now.
Old 07-02-13, 08:10 PM
orensdad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Atomic Silver

[QUOTE=Nextourer;8018804]I think the new Atomic Silver looks fantastic. A new take on silver. It's darker, kinda like polished silver.

Ordered an IS350 RWD in Atomic Silver in March with the Luxury Pkg. (equivalent to the Luxury and Nav Pkg in the US) with only a small color swatch to go by. Dealer also allowed me to order an IS350 AWD with the Executive Pkg.( fully loaded with everything plus Nav and Mark Levinson) here in Canada in Silver Lining.

Finally got to see an actual IS in person yesterday in Buffalo at the dealer in Atomic Silver. It looks really nice, though looks a little different though very nice when seen from certain angles. Prefer the RWD to AWD since I don't drive my Lexus in the winter. Should have it early next week. Can't wait to get it out on the road..Drove a 350AWD last Saturday, which was nice, but the RWD is better for handling, agility, fun and the 8-speed automatic

Will post some pics after I get it.
Old 07-02-13, 09:53 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=orensdad;8020394]
Originally Posted by Nextourer
I think the new Atomic Silver looks fantastic. A new take on silver. It's darker, kinda like polished silver.

Ordered an IS350 RWD in Atomic Silver in March with the Luxury Pkg. (equivalent to the Luxury and Nav Pkg in the US) with only a small color swatch to go by. Dealer also allowed me to order an IS350 AWD with the Executive Pkg.( fully loaded with everything plus Nav and Mark Levinson) here in Canada in Silver Lining.

Finally got to see an actual IS in person yesterday in Buffalo at the dealer in Atomic Silver. It looks really nice, though looks a little different though very nice when seen from certain angles. Prefer the RWD to AWD since I don't drive my Lexus in the winter. Should have it early next week. Can't wait to get it out on the road..Drove a 350AWD last Saturday, which was nice, but the RWD is better for handling, agility, fun and the 8-speed automatic

Congrats! Please do post pics and driving impression. How was your test drive with IS350AWD?
Old 07-02-13, 11:40 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=orensdad;8020394]
Originally Posted by Nextourer

Congrats! Yeah you have to see Atomic Silver in real life to get a feel for the colour. It's definitely an alternative to the usual bright silvers that we've been accustomed to over the last decade.
Old 07-02-13, 11:50 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,027 Posts

The best colors in order are;

1. Ultrasonic Blue (if available in your country)
2. Obsidian Black
3. Nebula Gray Pearl
4. Silver Lining Metallic
5. Atomic Silver
6. Starfire Pearl
7. Ultra White
8. Matador Red
9. Deep Sea Mica

I am 100% correct. There is no such thing as "all colors are good."
Old 07-27-13, 09:38 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Default Talks about getting a black car - ends up buying a white car !!!

Thanks for all the feedback

While I really loved and wanted the black exterior especially as it blends in the spindle grill - I ended up with Nova White and red interior

I guess the white is not as hot as the black but there will never be any regrets with white

No need to wash every couple of days - no swirl marks - better resale value in my region / hot climate

This is the fully loaded version for our region. Adaptive Cruise / Pre-crash and Remote Engine Start are two options not offered. Here's the options list:

F-Sport Package
Nova White
Rose Interior Seats with Memory
Navigation
Reverse Camera with Park Assist
Lane Change Assist
Blind Spot Monitor
Seat Ventilation
LED Headlamps
Card Key
Mark Levinson Surround Sound System

And they are not cheap here....it's not the import duties...just the way Lexus price them here....sticker price is $62,000 and no discounts on 2014 models !!!

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice-img_3625.jpg   Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice-img_3626.jpg   Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice-img_3629.jpg  
Old 07-27-13, 03:34 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

congrats man! Thats the color combo I would get too. White/red is always a great combo
Old 07-27-13, 03:41 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck with your new F. That little IS-F could smoke the new ponies, Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers.

Quick Reply: Time for Lexus again -IS350 F Sport - Color Choice