IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 06-19-14, 10:27 AM
Daceptak0n
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So again, most of you think this is a good deal?

MSRP: 47,158
Discount: 3382.86
Sale Price: 43,775.14
Customer Cash: 1500 (includes 1st month's payment)
MF: .00125 (I can't get this lowered much even with Tier 1 credit)

$500/month (Base of $485.44 + Taxes of $14.56) for 27 months with 10K/yr

2014 UW/Red IS350 F-Sport
Blind Spot Monitor
F-Sport Pkg
Navigation
Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Rear Bumper App, Windows Tinted
Old 06-19-14, 12:16 PM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

I've been in the car business here locally in Phoenix, Arizona for almost 10 years. Got a "homie hookup". I leased her in March of this year.

2014 LEXUS IS350 F SPORT

Ultra white with Rioja red interior.

Optional upgrades:

-F sport Package
-Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Trafflc Alert Auto-
-Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio

MSRP: $48,298.00

Purchase price: $41,950.00

Dealer adds that were included were Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, and Rear Bumper App....

Last edited by R8RDIVA; 06-19-14 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-19-14, 12:26 PM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiamSevier
Finally got my deal worked out. Decided to go with Lexus of Chandler, AZ

2014 IS 350 F Sport
Nebula Ext / Black NuLuxe Int
F Sport Package
ML Premium Audio
Blind Spot Monitor
Trunk Mat
Cargo Net
Wheel Locks
Bumper Applique

MSRP = $48,098
Price agreed upon = $43,900
(Discount of $4,198)

$43,900 = Vehicle Price
+ $489 = Doc Prep Fee
+ $678.28 = License/Title
+ $3,424 = Sales Tax (Arizona @ 7.8%)
===============================
$48,491 Total Price

After some further working, we managed to come to an agreed upon price of $48,000, out the door, including TTL.

I'm not sure where he took off the remaining $491 to get us to that price, but the bottom line is $48k, which I'm satisfied with.

Financed with Navy Federal for an APR of 1.75%.

The car is on the way from Japan and my ETA for delivery is the 24th of this month.

I got my baby from Lexus of Chandler too about five months ago.
Old 06-19-14, 01:46 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by R8RDIVA
I've been in the car business here locally in Phoenix, Arizona for almost 10 years. Got a "homie hookup". I leased her in March of this year.

2014 LEXUS IS350 F SPORT

Ultra white with Rioja red interior.

Optional upgrades:

-F sport Package
-Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Trafflc Alert Auto-
-Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio

MSRP: $48,298.00

Purchase price: $41,950.00

Dealer adds that were included were Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, and Rear Bumper App....
Congrats on the great deal and the new IS.

Payment around 450 before tax?
Old 06-19-14, 07:21 PM
LiamSevier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by R8RDIVA
I got my baby from Lexus of Chandler too about five months ago.
That's quite a hookup, well done!

Who was your sales rep that you worked with at Chandler? You can PM if you'd prefer not to share publicly.

Mine arrived from Japan today and I have an appointment to pick it up tomorrow morning. I'm on a flight from NY right now and with the time zone difference (in addition to the excitement), I doubt that I'll get much sleep tonight...
Old 06-19-14, 08:44 PM
cdo221
Driver School Candidate

Lexus IS 350 F Sport with Navi/ML Sound Package

Offered price: $43,225 before TTL
MSRP after destination charge: $48,298.00

Seems like a pretty similar deal to what everybody else is paying. My question though is, should I wait for a 2015 model to be announced and try to get a better deal on the 2014? From what I've read it seems like the only big change to the 2015 will be the remote start w/ navi equipped cars so I think I'd rather get a 2014 and save a bit of cash. What do you guys think?
Old 06-20-14, 04:59 AM
Daceptak0n
Rookie

Originally Posted by cdo221
Lexus IS 350 F Sport with Navi/ML Sound Package

Offered price: $43,225 before TTL
MSRP after destination charge: $48,298.00

Seems like a pretty similar deal to what everybody else is paying. My question though is, should I wait for a 2015 model to be announced and try to get a better deal on the 2014? From what I've read it seems like the only big change to the 2015 will be the remote start w/ navi equipped cars so I think I'd rather get a 2014 and save a bit of cash. What do you guys think?
That's exactly what I'm doing. I have to return my car in Sept so I'm hoping the 2015s will be out so I can pick up a 2014. Will be looking at a Q50S and IS350 F-Sport...
Old 06-20-14, 02:53 PM
laozi12
Driver School Candidate

This is my first new car, so I don't know if this is a good deal.
2014 Lexus IS250 F Sport with Nav. Package
MSRP was around $45,300
Dealer offered $42,612 OTD.
Is this too high considering the 2015 will be in the lot very soon?
Old 06-20-14, 05:31 PM
onthelimit
Driver School Candidate

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who posted in this thread - it was very helpful during my negotiations. Below are the details of my deal:

IS350 FSport (RWD)
Silver lining metallic w/Rioja Red interior
Nav w/ML
Blind spot monitor w/rear cross-traffic alert
VGRS
Preferred accessory package

MSRP: 48,682
Price before TTL: 43,682
Financed (not leased) at 2.95% thru LFS

I came from Audi so I imagine they were more aggressive on pricing. By the way, this was Sewell in Dallas. Enjoying the IS350 - what a car!
Old 06-21-14, 03:39 PM
THEMTL
Driver School Candidate

Guys I want to know if this is a good deal or not. Please help me.

IS350 FSport Black/Rioja Red
Fully loaded w/ blind spot, camera, navi, weather mats, etc.
MSRP $49,325
He told me $499 per month
10K/yr for 33 months

With $3,000 down + 2002 Chevy Impala in fair condition (book value~1000) (this includes taxes, fees, registration, etc)
This price also includes the $1,000 rebate I get for being a new college graduate.

I'm thinking this is a rip off, but I am in New jersey though

Last edited by THEMTL; 06-21-14 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-21-14, 10:55 PM
gdinero
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keyframe13
At least you asked before doing the mistake...some people come here after they committed.
Thing about it this way...You rent it ...you don;t put $10k downpayment when you rent an apartment...
and UW/RIOJA is the popular combination not with black
I respectfully disagree that you should never put money down on a lease. The reality is that this isn't renting an apartment. With a lease, you have four factors:
1. Purchase Price
2. Residual Price at lease end
3. Interest rate for payments
4. Length of the term

To me it's a simple choice regarding whether to put money down or not. If you think you can make more off of your money investing it in short term savings / CD's than the interest rate of the lease, then pay nothing down. If you think the interest rate of the lease is way higher than you could make parking your money in short term savings, then give a down payment.

Consider this, you have $10K cash that you are going to put in short term savings at 1% interest for the next 18 months to pay 18 lease payments. Parking your money like that will net you less than $100 interest.

Alternatively, if your lease interest rate is 4%, then if you pre-pay $10K, you avoid $300 to $400 of interest payments by prepaying. The down payment makes a lot of financial sense assuming you have other rainy day funds lying around. I'm not a big fan of debt. I don't know what the current leasing interest rates are, but I wouldn't be surprised if down payments are a good deal.

The reality is that 99.9% of us are essentially "leasing" our cars, even if you own it now. You buy it, keep it for some number of years, and then sell it. A formal lease just takes all of the uncertainty out of the process. To finance or not to finance is not a lease or not lease question, it's a "what's the best use of my money" question. IMHO of course

-G$
Old 06-22-14, 08:45 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gdinero
I respectfully disagree that you should never put money down on a lease. The reality is that this isn't renting an apartment. With a lease, you have four factors:
1. Purchase Price
2. Residual Price at lease end
3. Interest rate for payments
4. Length of the term

To me it's a simple choice regarding whether to put money down or not. If you think you can make more off of your money investing it in short term savings / CD's than the interest rate of the lease, then pay nothing down. If you think the interest rate of the lease is way higher than you could make parking your money in short term savings, then give a down payment.

Consider this, you have $10K cash that you are going to put in short term savings at 1% interest for the next 18 months to pay 18 lease payments. Parking your money like that will net you less than $100 interest.

Alternatively, if your lease interest rate is 4%, then if you pre-pay $10K, you avoid $300 to $400 of interest payments by prepaying. The down payment makes a lot of financial sense assuming you have other rainy day funds lying around. I'm not a big fan of debt. I don't know what the current leasing interest rates are, but I wouldn't be surprised if down payments are a good deal.

The reality is that 99.9% of us are essentially "leasing" our cars, even if you own it now. You buy it, keep it for some number of years, and then sell it. A formal lease just takes all of the uncertainty out of the process. To finance or not to finance is not a lease or not lease question, it's a "what's the best use of my money" question. IMHO of course

-G$
I just hope you're not keeping the financing home. Large downpayment on a lease doesnt make sense under any circumstances. Consider you're getting in a serious accident months after you got the car or your car gets stolen. You'll lose all your downpayment.. ALL of it. How that is making sense for you? Even if you have gap insurance or anything you'll not see your money back.
The only advantage of a lease is low up-front costs and low monthly payments which frees up your cash flow By putting a big downpayment you cut one big advantage.
Old 06-22-14, 09:05 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Seems like the Ultra White Rojioa Interior lease prices seem higher? How can this color combo be that rare?
Old 06-22-14, 10:54 AM
gdinero
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I just hope you're not keeping the financing home. Large downpayment on a lease doesnt make sense under any circumstances. Consider you're getting in a serious accident months after you got the car or your car gets stolen. You'll lose all your downpayment.. ALL of it. How that is making sense for you? Even if you have gap insurance or anything you'll not see your money back.
The only advantage of a lease is low up-front costs and low monthly payments which frees up your cash flow By putting a big downpayment you cut one big advantage.
I wasn't aware of this, thank you for the education. I wonder how this works in practice with Lexus. I would think that they would work with the buyer in the event that they had a large down payment on a lease and the car was totaled to get them into a new Lexus.
Old 06-22-14, 11:08 AM
onthelimit
Driver School Candidate

Not sure what the demand/inventory status in NJ, but the price you're being quoted appears to be on the high side. Also, not sure what options you have on the car that would make the price go over 49k; I got mine with VGRS and ML audio and the price still came to $48.6k. What's more baffling is that the price he's quoting you already reflects your college grad rebate. I'd go to another dealer to see if you can get a better deal. Good luck!

Originally Posted by THEMTL
Guys I want to know if this is a good deal or not. Please help me.

IS350 FSport Black/Rioja Red
Fully loaded w/ blind spot, camera, navi, weather mats, etc.
MSRP $49,325
He told me $499 per month
10K/yr for 33 months

With $3,000 down + 2002 Chevy Impala in fair condition (book value~1000) (this includes taxes, fees, registration, etc)
This price also includes the $1,000 rebate I get for being a new college graduate.

I'm thinking this is a rip off, but I am in New jersey though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?