IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 01-04-15, 04:25 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Using max MSDs, you should have no problem getting well under 500 incl tax on a 350 - email the Internet Managers of as many dealers you can and get them competing for your business.

Be careful with a lease in VA if you are on active duty and are going to buy a home. We owned a home in Spotsylvania County when stationed there - we leased an Acura and ended up being assessed about $500 personal property tax every six months - we were told we lost our military exemption from the tax because we technically did not "own" the car - so you might want to check on that.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Looks like no dealers have in stock what I want. ML to me is a must have. So I am guessing that means I have to order is special. I know with BMW it usually never an issue and can still get a great deal. I am hoping with Lexus it will be the same thing.
Old 01-05-15, 11:21 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusgal23
Update!

Signed the lease to my new car today! Here is the final deal (I decided on 15k miles):

2015 is250 white/black with back up camera/spoiler/trunk accessories
Monthly Payment with tax: (9%) 271.14/month
Drive off: $1210 (bank fees + title etc)...first month free
MSRP: 38,548.00
Negotiated Price: $33,500 - $1,000 (college incentive)
Residual: 73%
Money factor: 0.00105
Mileage: 15,000
Lease term: 24 months
No down-payment

So happy with my lease and payment!! Thanks everyone!
You did well girl - congrats!
Old 01-05-15, 11:50 AM
hoya08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ziggymad
Thanks for the heads up on that. Looks like no dealers have in stock what I want. ML to me is a must have. So I am guessing that means I have to order is special. I know with BMW it usually never an issue and can still get a great deal. I am hoping with Lexus it will be the same thing.
Ziggy, where in VA are you PCSing to? If you're headed to the DC metro area, look into Pohanka and Lindsay Lexus. They were the only two dealerships willing to work with me to special order an IS. All the other dealerships either ignored my request or wouldn't budge on the price.
Old 01-05-15, 12:10 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hoya08
Ziggy, where in VA are you PCSing to? If you're headed to the DC metro area, look into Pohanka and Lindsay Lexus. They were the only two dealerships willing to work with me to special order an IS. All the other dealerships either ignored my request or wouldn't budge on the price.
Thanks that will be the area. I got in touch with Lindsey and they are willing to special order. Hopefully will have a quote soon. Pohanka is pissing me off their internet guy responded with a generic stop by when you get here and even put the wrong model in thier response. Going to branch out to MD and PA if I don't get favorable responses. I just want a quote so I can start the battle. Lexus is starting to rub me the wrong way already.

Does anyone buy from the West coast and then have it shipped to the east coast? Its only 1k to ship a car and would be more than happy to do that if I can get a good salesman and deal.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 01-05-15, 12:42 PM
hoya08
Driver School Candidate

Are you working with Devine at Pohanka? For what it's worth, he's a former Marine .

You're most likely talking to Steven at Lindsay. He's a really good guy and very prompt with responses.

Let them both know you're ready to buy and give them your build request. They will both try to sell you a model they have in stock or locate one for you. Just keep reiterating you're not interested in what's available, since you want ML, x, y, and z. They'll come around! It took me 3-4 days over email to get where I wanted to be.

I hope you have more luck with the MD dealers than I did.

Most importantly, you have plenty of time since dealerships submit special orders once a month, on or around the 20th.

If you buy from WC and ship to EC, you'd still have to special order if there aren't any IS350s optioned to your specs. My guess is you'll have to pay CA taxes (~ 8%) since you don't have a "proof" of VA (4.05%) residency. Not sure how you can recoup taxes paid to CA though. Run the numbers (include shipping) to see if this is a viable option.

Good luck with your build request.
Old 01-05-15, 01:07 PM
oddseth
Driver School Candidate

Default Lease Deal on IS350 F Sport

I don't have the specifics on the pricing but I leased a 2014 IS350 F-Sport RWD with nav last February from Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, VA and got the following deal:

MSRP: ~$48,000
Estimated Sale Price - $40,500 (Not Including Taxes, Tags, Fees)
Lease Term and Mileage - 39 Months/10K Miles
Monthly Lease Payment - $350
Down Payment - $5,000

*Please note that the amounts listed above are approximate and/or estimated based on my memory but the cost per month and money down are accurate.
Old 01-05-15, 03:39 PM
dennisho18
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up our 2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport UW/RR for $38,500 from Collesium Lexus in Oakland, CA. Leased with $2,000 Drive off.

Love the car, fits our budget and overall good experience with Lexus.
Old 01-05-15, 03:58 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hoya08
Are you working with Devine at Pohanka? For what it's worth, he's a former Marine .

You're most likely talking to Steven at Lindsay. He's a really good guy and very prompt with responses.

Let them both know you're ready to buy and give them your build request. They will both try to sell you a model they have in stock or locate one for you. Just keep reiterating you're not interested in what's available, since you want ML, x, y, and z. They'll come around! It took me 3-4 days over email to get where I wanted to be.

I hope you have more luck with the MD dealers than I did.

Most importantly, you have plenty of time since dealerships submit special orders once a month, on or around the 20th.

If you buy from WC and ship to EC, you'd still have to special order if there aren't any IS350s optioned to your specs. My guess is you'll have to pay CA taxes (~ 8%) since you don't have a "proof" of VA (4.05%) residency. Not sure how you can recoup taxes paid to CA though. Run the numbers (include shipping) to see if this is a viable option.

Good luck with your build request.

Thanks for the response. I am dealing with Mickey Whitehead at the moment at Lindsey and I got an email response from Qui Nguyen which read "please stop by so we can work you up a lease on the GS 350 F Sport" and really turned me off that he didnt even read my request since he did not even get the model right.

Thats good to know I have a little time before they special order. No one will even give me a quote till tomorrow since thats when all the new leasing info becomes available.

I appreciate all the help this thread has given me. Hopefully tomorrow when I get a quote you guys can rip it apart and see what I should be firing back as on offer. It seems pretty easy if all they have to do is put in an order to make a quick buck. Never had a problem through BMW before but this may be a different experience.
Old 01-05-15, 08:50 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

After looking at some CA dealers it is stunning how many ML packages there are. There are 0 on the east coast in VA, MD, NJ and DL after going through every website possible. I checked one CA dealer and found 6 with ML. So I think I may seriously look into getting one shipped. I am going to go through this thread again and look at what CA are the best but any west coasters got a contact that would give a good deal. If you could shoot me his name and contact info or at least dealership name so I could shoot some inquiries out that would very helpful.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-15, 01:45 AM
aviatorA1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxqd
With nav? Cause I got same as you f sport 250 w/nav for 40k otd ttl included, mine was NG/RR
Oo nice! I think I would have gotten the Ng/rr for same price too! Enjoy the car.
Old 01-06-15, 01:48 AM
aviatorA1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
If your otd includes TTL- good deal - congrats and enjoy!
Yes. Includes TTL!! Thank you bgaerttner.
Old 01-06-15, 04:37 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No money down leases

for all those who post with the famous i put 2k, 3k, 5k down and got 400 month please read
when leasing a vehicle you are basically renting the car.
the lease is calculated with the residual value what the cars worth at end of lease
the cap cost the net sales price and the lease factor the interest rate you pay, when manufacturers want to move out cars in volume they lower a lease factor to as close a 0% to give a lower monthly payment

when negotiating a lease always compare 3 dealers and tell each one the other is 15 to 25$ below the other after you know the about price you want to pay. for example if you target is 399 tell one 375 tell one 402 tell one 380 to beat the deal.

always negotiate tax in very important

always try to close the deal if you are negotiating a 10k lease close it with 12k i will do it right now
i do realize some will not need extra mileage so irrelevant for those

and most important just first month and acquisition fee upfront that means no leases with 2 , 3, 5 or whatever down its ridiculous if you can't afford the car with no money down don't buy the car,
your lining the pockets of dealers with thousands of profit and its the most ridiculous way to lease a car
also if you want to get out of lease or get in a accident and car is totaled you will lose the downpayment

seriously NO MONEY DOWN JUST TO REITERATE YOUR BUYING A IS250
lets say leasing it for 450 month
first month 450
aqui fee 500-600
small fees ok thats it
hope people read and save money happy new year
Old 01-06-15, 01:12 PM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

So still getting the run around from Lexus in VA. I cant get a solid answer but best I can get out of him is 3-4 month wait on special orders and without MSDs looking at 650-700/ month for a 49,989 MSRP IS350 F sport.

He said the residual is 70% for 12/k 27 month and MF would be .00100 with tier 1 credit (Hopefully that is without MSDs he wasnt very detailed so not sure). From the looks of this it seems pretty awful.

Anyone recommend a CA dealer that may work with me to ship to the NE? I dont mind paying 1k out of pocket for transport and getting a much better deal and not having to wait 4 months.
Old 01-06-15, 01:59 PM
sascher18
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ziggymad
So still getting the run around from Lexus in VA. I cant get a solid answer but best I can get out of him is 3-4 month wait on special orders and without MSDs looking at 650-700/ month for a 49,989 MSRP IS350 F sport.

He said the residual is 70% for 12/k 27 month and MF would be .00100 with tier 1 credit (Hopefully that is without MSDs he wasnt very detailed so not sure). From the looks of this it seems pretty awful.

Anyone recommend a CA dealer that may work with me to ship to the NE? I dont mind paying 1k out of pocket for transport and getting a much better deal and not having to wait 4 months.
. Newport Lexus may be able to assist. Pm me and I'll send you over a contact name, # and email.
Old 01-08-15, 01:57 AM
ziggymad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sascher18
. Newport Lexus may be able to assist. Pm me and I'll send you over a contact name, # and email.

pm sent so far contacted 2 dealers in CA with no response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?