IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 12:37 AM
buhhy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtrance
Update: Lowest so far in SoCal is $5000 off MSRP. Still NoCal is best offer at $5500 off. Still not heard back from Longo, Newport, Tustin, Cerritos, Keyes, Southbay. Need to see what sort of numbers they can offer.
May I ask which dealer in Norcal?
Old 08-28-15, 01:30 AM
Paulf1
Rookie

Default Used 2015 IS350

Noticed this at a dealership in my area. It's used with around 5k miles. They are asking 45.5k
It seems to have most of the options I want with the exception of the ML System. What would be a great deal?
Attached Thumbnails Price Paid for an IS250/350?-image.jpg  
Old 08-28-15, 01:38 AM
Paulf1
Rookie

Build Sheet w options.
Attached Thumbnails Price Paid for an IS250/350?-image.jpg  
Old 08-28-15, 01:40 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by buhhy
May I ask which dealer in Norcal?
Stevens Creek.
Old 08-28-15, 08:20 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulf1
Noticed this at a dealership in my area. It's used with around 5k miles. They are asking 45.5k
It seems to have most of the options I want with the exception of the ML System. What would be a great deal?
Invoice on a new car is just under $45k.
Used with 5k miles I'd personally be looking to pay $40k knowing that the I could get the equivalent car in CA for about $42-43k new.

Last edited by azmojo; 08-28-15 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-28-15, 09:23 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have any specific contacts for SoCal dealers that I can contact right away for quotes? It seems at times just picking random internet managers to email from their website you get no response. Thanks for all your feedback.
We leased 3 of our cars at Tustin who had a great internet manager who made us some great deals (not as great as some being made now). Unfortunately, he has since retired. Tustin might still be a viable option though. Keep in mind Tustin and Newport are in the same ownership group. We leased our current IS from Escondido - they offered the best deal right out of the gate so we traveled the 60 miles to do the deal.

Keep plugging - you're doing pretty good on quotes so far - some dealers are slower than others and some don't embrace the Internet sales method as much as others - use that NorCal quote for leverage if you can.
Old 08-28-15, 09:27 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
We leased 3 of our cars at Tustin who had a great internet manager who made us some great deals (not as great as some being made now). Unfortunately, he has since retired. Tustin might still be a viable option though. Keep in mind Tustin and Newport are in the same ownership group. We leased our current IS from Escondido - they offered the best deal right out of the gate so we traveled the 60 miles to do the deal.

Keep plugging - you're doing pretty good on quotes so far - some dealers are slower than others and some don't embrace the Internet sales method as much as others - use that NorCal quote for leverage if you can.
I would have to think your best bet is Longo Lexus. They have announced a goal to sell 825 Lexus this month. It's the end of the month, if they are close to the goal they may be motivated!
Old 08-28-15, 09:45 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by azmojo
I would have to think your best bet is Longo Lexus. They have announced a goal to sell 825 Lexus this month. It's the end of the month, if they are close to the goal they may be motivated!
Yeah - I'm kinda surprised he hasn't heard from them yet - the last time I looked, I think they had a bunch of 250s available. They get a lot of attention for making great deals but when we were shopping last year, Longo was 2500 higher than Escondido and wouldn't move off that. A month and a half later, they still had the cars in stock that they had quoted me on. It's kind of puzzling sometimes.
Old 08-28-15, 10:16 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Yeah - I'm kinda surprised he hasn't heard from them yet - the last time I looked, I think they had a bunch of 250s available. They get a lot of attention for making great deals but when we were shopping last year, Longo was 2500 higher than Escondido and wouldn't move off that. A month and a half later, they still had the cars in stock that they had quoted me on. It's kind of puzzling sometimes.
Is there a good contact at Longo that I can email to get a response from and some numbers? I did check their inventory and they do seem to the color/option combos I'm looking for.
Old 08-28-15, 10:17 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Do you have the contact at Escondido? I'm like 35 minutes away from there.
Old 08-28-15, 10:34 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Is there a good contact at Longo that I can email to get a response from and some numbers? I did check their inventory and they do seem to the color/option combos I'm looking for.
I don't have a contact. Go to their staff page on their website and email someone from sales:
http://www.longolexus.com/Our_Management_Team
Old 08-28-15, 10:55 AM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Invoice on a new car is just under $45k.
Used with 5k miles I'd personally be looking to pay $40k knowing that the I could get the equivalent car in CA for about $42-43k new.
Keep in mind that he's looking at an AWD. I think 40k - 42k is a good price for anything with under 15k miles and those features. Agree 45k is a bit too much.
Old 08-28-15, 01:18 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Got a quote from Longo just now and they are not very aggressive (at least not right now). Their discount is only $4559 off MSRP of $42249. Same MSRP car at NorCal dealer the initial offer was $5474 off. Also another local dealer with higher MSRP ($42,638) car the initial offer was $5039 discount. I thought Longo would be the most aggressive with the inventory they have and the goal they set for themselves. I'm hoping to do $6K off MSRP by this weekend. I think this is a doable number right now with it being end of month and 2016 arriving soon. Going to stay patient and see what happens the next 2 days.
Old 08-28-15, 01:19 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have the contact at Escondido? I'm like 35 minutes away from there.
I worked with a guy named Bob Zepeda in the Internet Dept - he eventually turned me over to the GM because he was reluctant to discuss lease details like residual and money factor with me. He may not even be there now because of how often some in this business move around. All in all though, working with them turned out pretty good and the delivery process was thorough and pain free.
Old 08-28-15, 01:21 PM
mrtrance
Driver

I worked with a guy named Bob Zepeda in the Internet Dept - he eventually turned me over to the GM because he was reluctant to discuss lease details like residual and money factor with me. He may not even be there now because of how often some in this business move around. All in all though, working with them turned out pretty good and the delivery process was thorough and pain free.
What sort of discount did you get on your car from there? Where the lowest compared to the other dealers? Did you have to go back and forth alot to get to your number and did you just stick on your number and had them come down to it?

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?