IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-14, 02:56 AM
phant0m
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravityis
Hello, I emailed a dealership located in southern cali today and he offered me a IS 350 fsport rwd nebula grey pearl black interior fully loaded for $41,647 +tax & lic
Do you mind sending the name of that dealership as well? I am in the market for one in So Cal too.
Old 05-18-14, 08:48 AM
Gravityis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phant0m
Do you mind sending the name of that dealership as well? I am in the market for one in So Cal too.
Well it was only priced 41 because it was a demo model but if that doesn't bother you go for it! Lexus of Riverside. I asked what a brand new fully loaded ngp price difference would be and they said new one same everything would be 44 could probably negotiate though
Old 05-18-14, 11:12 AM
Gravityis
Driver School Candidate

This is Lexus in Santa Monica ca. For an IS350 F Sport, we're looking at $4800 off MSRP for anything we have in stock.so if you're interested in an IS350 F Sport without Mark Levinson, we're looking at $46,922 minus the $4800 discount - $42,122 selling price!

If you do want the Mark Levinson speakers, we have $48,212 minus the $4800 discount - $43,512 selling price!
Old 05-18-14, 07:10 PM
christ0f
Driver School Candidate

First-time buyer (not college, but with strong 791 credit) negotiated with Wendy at Serramonte. Haven't seen any recent IS 350 F Sport leases with M/L nor VGRS.

$48,212 IS 350 F Sport RWD
Ultra White paint on Rioja Red NuLuxe
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic $600
F-Sport Package $3,620
Navigation / Mark Levinson Premium Audio $3,225
Accessory Package (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks) $243

$42,817 agreed upon price
$43,517 gross capitalized cost
$174 capitalized cost reduction
$30,374 residual value (63%?)
$12,969 depreciation
$3,583 rent charge
.00135 money factor(?)

36 months / 10k miles
$500 monthly including taxes
$1,200 down including first month payment
$875 excess wear and use added to down

Good luck!

Last edited by christ0f; 05-19-14 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-19-14, 02:40 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by christ0f
First-time buyer (not college, but with strong 791 credit) negotiated with Wendy at Serramonte. Haven't seen any recent IS 350 F Sport leases with M/L nor VGRS.

$48,212 IS 350 F Sport RWD
Ultra White paint on Rioja Red NuLuxe
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic $600
F-Sport Package $3,620
Navigation / Mark Levinson Premium Audio $3,225
Accessory Package (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks) $243

$42,817 agreed upon price
$43,517 gross capitalized cost
$174 capitalized cost reduction
$30,374 residual value (63%?)
$12,969 depreciation
$3,583 rent charge
.00135 money factor(?)

36 months / 10k miles
$500 monthly including taxes
$1,200 down including first month payment
$875 excess wear and use added to down

Good luck!
You did good on the purchase in that it was aeound $5400 discount from MSRP. Did u had to go back n forth with dealer until u got that price?

One thing that seems high is the MF since base MF for tier1+ is 0.00085. I think they may have padded it for extra profits.
Old 05-19-14, 04:21 AM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravityis
This is Lexus in Santa Monica ca. For an IS350 F Sport, we're looking at $4800 off MSRP for anything we have in stock.so if you're interested in an IS350 F Sport without Mark Levinson, we're looking at $46,922 minus the $4800 discount - $42,122 selling price!

If you do want the Mark Levinson speakers, we have $48,212 minus the $4800 discount - $43,512 selling price!
That's a great deal. Cant get that deal here in Northeast.
Old 05-20-14, 12:51 AM
christ0f
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrtrance
You did good on the purchase in that it was aeound $5400 discount from MSRP. Did u had to go back n forth with dealer until u got that price?

One thing that seems high is the MF since base MF for tier1+ is 0.00085. I think they may have padded it for extra profits.
Thanks. It probably took about 45 to 60 minutes of negotiation after waiting around the dealership for 30 minutes and test driving for another 30. Wendy originally pitched me a 48 month lease at around $760, then I said bull**** and to make a real offer. I told Wendy that I was Tier 1 and that the money factor should be 0.00085 (it didn't show on the printout), but Wendy said that since I was a first-time buyer, it couldn't be. Wendy also said that money factors change daily. That seemed like BS to me.

I said give me a deal for $400, but she said it was impossible and that LA prices are lower because Southern California is more competitive than Northern California. (Shouldn't all dealers be competitive regardless of market?) I suggested that Wendy would have to adjust the MSRP further and lower the money factor to get me to the price I want. I then said that I wasn't going to run credit until I got at least $5,000 of MSRP. If the price wasn't going to lowered, I wasn't going to get anywhere. Wendy promised to reduce the MSRP, and I filled out credit. She returned with my high score and a payment of $530, but the lease term was still at 48 months. I said it wasn't enough. I said I wanted to see the money factor and said they needed to work harder if we wanted a deal. I was ready to walk if I had to since I knew Memorial Day was coming.

Eventually, their finance guy came out and showed me typical financing at 1.99%, to which I said rates are 0.9% now -- more bull**** -- he did this to say that payments increase as terms shorten. I said it was irreverent and told him that if he looked at my report, he'd see that I work in finance. I said: bottom line, he'd have to go below $500 if he wanted a deal. He then said he could at 48 months, and I said I didn't want the car that long, so he then discussed how he could buy people out of their leases if interest rates don't rise. So then I reminded him I worked in finance, played contrarian conservative and said that rates are rising, and I'm not taking a 48 month lease. He then put his hand out and said he'd make $500 work at 36 months with 10,000 miles.

I thought the deal was pretty good since my down was only $1,200 (including first month's payment). They had the color combo I wanted, so I wasn't inclined to drive around San Francisco to hunt for the car; yes, Wendy said the color combo was rare, but she also said that a buyer who had it on hold hasn't come in to purchase the car. Also, my sense of this forum is that the car hasn't been selling as well as dealers expected since folks are reporting discounts of $5,000-6,000 (I assume off MSRP though some posts say invoice). $500 was my magic number since I saw that others with 27 month leases and no Mark Levinson were closing between $450 and $475 monthly with $1,800 down. When I return the car in 3 years, I'm not going to budge on the money factor and am going to push for a lower payment. The first-time buyer (I've never owned a car) shenanigans seemed like bull**** when my credit score is golden (791).

After negotiations, it was another 60 to 90 minutes, while the car was detailed and gassed up. During this time, we spoke with another finance guy, who I signed papers with and purchased excess wear and tear ($875), which I rolled into my down payment (now $2,075). Pretty happy, but I'll play harder next time -- I enjoy it.

Good luck!

Last edited by christ0f; 05-20-14 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-20-14, 09:40 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by christ0f
Thanks. It probably took about 45 to 60 minutes of negotiation after waiting around the dealership for 30 minutes and test driving for another 30. Wendy originally pitched me a 48 month lease at around $760, then I said bull**** and to make a real offer. I told Wendy that I was Tier 1 and that the money factor should be 0.00085 (it didn't show on the printout), but Wendy said that since I was a first-time buyer, it couldn't be. Wendy also said that money factors change daily. That seemed like BS to me.

I said give me a deal for $400, but she said it was impossible and that LA prices are lower because Southern California is more competitive than Northern California. (Shouldn't all dealers be competitive regardless of market?) I suggested that Wendy would have to adjust the MSRP further and lower the money factor to get me to the price I want. I then said that I wasn't going to run credit until I got at least $5,000 of MSRP. If the price wasn't going to lowered, I wasn't going to get anywhere. Wendy promised to reduce the MSRP, and I filled out credit. She returned with my high score and a payment of $530, but the lease term was still at 48 months. I said it wasn't enough. I said I wanted to see the money factor and said they needed to work harder if we wanted a deal. I was ready to walk if I had to since I knew Memorial Day was coming.

Eventually, their finance guy came out and showed me typical financing at 1.99%, to which I said rates are 0.9% now -- more bull**** -- he did this to say that payments increase as terms shorten. I said it was irreverent and told him that if he looked at my report, he'd see that I work in finance. I said: bottom line, he'd have to go below $500 if he wanted a deal. He then said he could at 48 months, and I said I didn't want the car that long, so he then discussed how he could buy people out of their leases if interest rates don't rise. So then I reminded him I worked in finance, played contrarian conservative and said that rates are rising, and I'm not taking a 48 month lease. He then put his hand out and said he'd make $500 work at 36 months with 10,000 miles.

I thought the deal was pretty good since my down was only $1,200 (including first month's payment). They had the color combo I wanted, so I wasn't inclined to drive around San Francisco to hunt for the car; yes, Wendy said the color combo was rare, but she also said that a buyer who had it on hold hasn't come in to purchase the car. Also, my sense of this forum is that the car hasn't been selling as well as dealers expected since folks are reporting discounts of $5,000-6,000 (I assume off MSRP though some posts say invoice). $500 was my magic number since I saw that others with 27 month leases and no Mark Levinson were closing between $450 and $475 monthly with $1,800 down. When I return the car in 3 years, I'm not going to budge on the money factor and am going to push for a lower payment. The first-time buyer (I've never owned a car) shenanigans seemed like bull**** when my credit score is golden (791).

After negotiations, it was another 60 to 90 minutes, while the car was detailed and gassed up. During this time, we spoke with another finance guy, who I signed papers with and purchased excess wear and tear ($875), which I rolled into my down payment (now $2,075). Pretty happy, but I'll play harder next time -- I enjoy it.

Good luck!
Congrats on your new IS. I'm glad you have the outlook that you have learned from this experience and will strive to do better on your next purchase/lease. You should consider a different dealer the next time - this one just plain lied to you. With your credit score and if you care for your car properly, you should've received tier 1+ money factor and you don't need that $875 "excess wear and tear."
Old 05-20-14, 11:06 AM
slayer1129
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrtrance
What was your purchase price and MSRP? Did you do pay any driveoffs or was everything rolled into the lease?
Hi there,

The truth is all i went in there and I kept telling them what i was willing to pay for the car. i played around with them for about a month. I kept telling them that BMW and Audi were offering me good deals too. So one evening (40 min b4 the dealer was supposed to close) when I told them i was ready to go, i had them run my credit and they were playing ball with me.

i got them down to a $425 a month w/ $1800 down. i told them i was unwilling to put anything down and they said my payment would only go up about $90 (this is including the $7500 car protection option which they gave to me for $380) and they were really hesitant on doing it w/o nothing down. So i left and they called me a few days later and said they would do what i wanted so i went and picked the color combo i wanted and thats all she wrote. Again, dont know if it's a good deal or not, but thats what im paying for the next 2 years lol.

Just remember to use everything to your advantage, just the mere mention (usually) that you're also dealing with BMW, Mercedes, Audi makes these dealerships cringe. Obviously the brands i just mentioned kinda sell themselves, so Lexus will prob do anything to get their product on the road. What i just said is not to offend anyone, i REALLY LOVE my Lexus. It's my first one mostly because its the first body style that i actually like. IMHO, the 350 was more fun to drive than the 335, just sayin'.

JDF
Old 05-20-14, 11:49 PM
christ0f
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Congrats on your new IS. I'm glad you have the outlook that you have learned from this experience and will strive to do better on your next purchase/lease. You should consider a different dealer the next time - this one just plain lied to you. With your credit score and if you care for your car properly, you should've received tier 1+ money factor and you don't need that $875 "excess wear and tear."
Yes, I plan to make sure I get the right money factor next time. I'll be sure to keep posted and engage with our community to make sure we're all equipped with the best information to make our purchases.

A first-time lessee, I thought excess wear and tear could be a good deal, especially if I didn't want to purchase a new set of tires ($1,200) at the end of my lease. We'll see if I'm able to take good care of this car and if excess wear was worth the money.

Everyone, good luck! It's Memorial Day weekend, so I hope that you all score great deals! Please be sure to share them here!
Old 05-21-14, 01:28 PM
wally221
Driver School Candidate

Default Lease is350 f

Hello all,
Need help, I will try to lease a is350 f, never done a lease before and don't know how to negotiate one, just did a refi on a house and my credit score dropped to 698. Located in AZ
Any help will be appreciated.
Wally
Old 05-21-14, 02:59 PM
LiamSevier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiamSevier
Dealer visit in Scottsdale, AZ today resulted in the following offer.

2014 IS 350 F Sport
Nebula Ext / Black NuLuxe Int (they only them with Rioja on the lot, so mine would be a special order)
F Sport Package
ML Premium Audio
Blind Spot Monitor
Trunk Mat
Cargo Net
Wheel Locks
Bumper Applique

MSRP = $48,298
Invoice = $45,410

$45,410 = Vehicle Price (Offered me invoice pricing)
+
$489 = Doc Prep Fee
+
$762 = License/Title
+
$268 = "Other Fee" (said this was a "Datadots" package, valid for 5 years).
+
$3,411 = Sales Tax (Arizona @ 7.95%)
=
$50,340 Total Price (after what *appears* to be all fees...skeptical until I see final numbers)

They're offering me $2,500 on my trade in (Which is a 2003 Tiburon GT with 109k miles. Runs great, but honestly I wouldn't expect too much more than that from a private sale)

So with trade in, total price listed = $47,840.35

APR with Navy Federal would be 1.75%

Thoughts?

Update - Talked with another dealer in the area and advised him of the average SoCal pricing going on (seeming to be from $4000-$5000 off MSRP). I told him how easy it is for me to get to SoCal (I have over 300k frequent flier miles to dip into, so all I'd be out in cost would be the gas to drive back and I'd get a nice drive out of it).

We cut to the chase and he let me know that the best he could do on that configuration would be $43,900 (before TTL/fees/etc). That's without factoring in any trade in, though.

If they were willing to match the previous trade in offer, and factoring my estimates with the new tax amount and same other fees, I might be looking at somewhere close to $43.6K.

Tempting...

I wonder if I could get him to throw in the adaptive cruise control and call it a day to keep me from taking a trip to SoCal and earn my business.
Old 05-21-14, 03:32 PM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by LiamSevier
Update - Talked with another dealer in the area and advised him of the average SoCal pricing going on (seeming to be from $4000-$5000 off MSRP). I told him how easy it is for me to get to SoCal (I have over 300k frequent flier miles to dip into, so all I'd be out in cost would be the gas to drive back and I'd get a nice drive out of it).

We cut to the chase and he let me know that the best he could do on that configuration would be $43,900 (before TTL/fees/etc). That's without factoring in any trade in, though.

If they were willing to match the previous trade in offer, and factoring my estimates with the new tax amount and same other fees, I might be looking at somewhere close to $43.6K.

Tempting...

I wonder if I could get him to throw in the adaptive cruise control and call it a day to keep me from taking a trip to SoCal and earn my business.
Sounds like a pretty decent deal if you can get them to agree to all that, considering it's a special order, and many dealers won't discount as much for special orders as cars they have on the lot.

Also, since it's a special order anyway, I would ask them to remove the Datadots fee they are charging. Sounds like a pretty useless service that they tack on just for profit.

As for your trade-in, you should visit a Carmax dealer if there is one nearby to get a quote. They offered $1,000 more than the dealer's best offer for our car, and the process was really easy. That way the trade-in offer won't affect your deal.
Old 05-21-14, 06:40 PM
zims350
Rookie

So I am unsure if this is possible but I am looking at a $48,800 IS350 AWD and looking to lease for 27 months 10k miles a year. With $0 down is it possible to be at $400/ month without sales tax as NH does not have it! Thank you
Old 05-22-14, 06:30 AM
Crossfit04
Driver School Candidate

If anyone is looking for Is 250 or 350 and want a crazy Deal inbox Me, I dealt with by far the best salesman In north Miami.

I referred two of my buddy's one from North Carolina and another in jersey and he hooked them up. LMK, Keep posting your deals I've learned so much on this forum. Best of luck guys.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?