IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 10:20 PM
WiLz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redlined2
By any chance, did you have to bring any paperwork to the dealer to prove your eligibility for the college graduate program. How did it work?
Yes, you need to provide proof (copy of diploma or verification of enrollment). Also need proof of employment (pay stub or proof of future employment). See Lexus Financial website for details.
Old 03-07-14, 09:31 AM
s4awd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by profet
NY/NJ/CT are only receiving 350 F-Sports with AWD, Nav and BSM.

Any other configuration of the 350 F-Sport requires a special order in this area.
I totally don't understand this. I went trough the same thing back in 2008. No ML AWD for some reason. 4 week wait for my '14 350 AWD and a custom 4-6 month wait for an ML w AWD. The standard system sounds fine but I would have sprung for the ML but the wait was just way too long
Old 03-10-14, 10:55 AM
tbizness
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by enve
I talked to a dealer yesterday over the phone about a 350 AWD F-sport with navi and ML audio and he said that I would have to special order. He also said it could take 90 days for it. This isn't a big deal for me since I don't plan to purchase until around May anyway, but does anyone know if there is any truth to the 90 days statement? If it is, I need to start moving asap or else it could turn into Sept.

I'm in NJ.
I went through the exact same situation - I really wanted the ML system on my 350 AWD F Sport but it would have been a special order taking 3-6 months for the car to arrive. I didn't take the dealer's word for it thinking they just wanted to sell something on their lot, so I personally tried every dealer from Baltimore to Boston trying to find a car with ML but no luck. Ultimately I went with every option but ML, and even then it took a couple of weeks to have Ray Catena in Freehold swap a car with a dealer in upstate NY (160 miles away). Now that I have the base (Pioneer) stereo, I'm actually very happy with it - no regrets. If you are in the central NJ area, I'd highly recommend talking to Ed Pistola at Freehold Lexus. He was incredible to work with. I took delivery on my Obsidian/Rioja last week and they had just gotten in two IS350 AWD F Sports - a White/Rioja and Nebula/Black. Just tell him T.J. sent you and I'm sure he will take care of you.

Good luck!

PS - forgot to mention that Ed gave me the option of having a car w/ ML transported from the west coast where those are stock on dealer lots. It would have cost me upwards of $1,500 and a few weeks to have the car brought in from 3,000 miles away. I didn't think it was worth the time or expense. The ML package is already an extra $1,200 + the $1,500 transport. I could get a pretty sick aftermarket stereo if I had an extra $3,000 lying around.

Last edited by tbizness; 03-10-14 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-10-14, 11:58 AM
morton87
Rookie

Originally Posted by enve
I talked to a dealer yesterday over the phone about a 350 AWD F-sport with navi and ML audio and he said that I would have to special order. He also said it could take 90 days for it. This isn't a big deal for me since I don't plan to purchase until around May anyway, but does anyone know if there is any truth to the 90 days statement? If it is, I need to start moving asap or else it could turn into Sept.

I'm in NJ.
Not sure about special order. But i claimed mine the day the dealer knew it had been allocated from Japan. 350 F-Sport, Ultra White / Red ML BSM and from that time it took about 45 days from Japan to get to Omaha, NE. I was told the same as you if i had special ordered it that it would take about 90 days.
Old 03-14-14, 01:23 PM
SHYMESTUH
Driver School Candidate

Default Trying to lease an IS350 F-sport white/red

Hi guys

From this thread, I feel like everyone from CA is getting a really great deal.

I went to Longo (el monte, ca) looking for similar deals because the 350 fsports all have very similar MSRPs (at least the ones I have looked at).

The sales person gave me:
12k miles, 24 mos, $740ish(including tax) with no drive off (MSRP: $48,212).

I knew this was a BS deal given that it was my first time sitting down and also I went on the 1st of March. I said this was very far from what I expected and just left on the dot saying that this is not the dealer for me. I received several calls right after I left and didn't pick up cuz I was driving. Several hours later, they call my house and tell me that they can offer me:

15k miles, 24 mos, $485(including tax) with no drive off

I was going to try to negotiate more off the offer seeing that some people on this thread are getting better deals than that.

I said I couldn't come in until the weekend. I called during the week to see if they have the white/red they said they don't have one coming and confirmed the offer that they have said when they called me before. They said the offer still stands. They said they will call me when they have a better idea of when it actually gets to the lot in couple of days. I actually asked if he can get a dealer trade in and he said no. (I just thought they didn't want to because they didn't want to lose money by doing that)

They did not call after a week so I called them and they said it's coming in 2 weeks. I told them that's fine, but in the meanwhile let me know if anyone before me cancels their deal on the white/red so I can go in and get it. And just to be sure, I asked one more time for the offer and he said he it was for a 250...-_- But he clearly told me the MSRP: $48,212. So I was kind of ticked off because he was trying to play me.
He offered me:

15k miles, 24 mo, $540(including tax) no drive off.
Resid value: 71%
MF: 0.0008ish (didn't make sense to me. I have very very good credit)

He said that's the absolute best deal he can offer me and that the car comes in on this saturday.

Am I getting shafted by this guy because I made him feel like I'm in love with the white/red combo by keep on calling him? DId this happen to anyone? AHH!!! so frustrated!!!

Sorry for the long post.
Old 03-14-14, 01:33 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SHYMESTUH
Hi guys

From this thread, I feel like everyone from CA is getting a really great deal.

I went to Longo (el monte, ca) looking for similar deals because the 350 fsports all have very similar MSRPs (at least the ones I have looked at).

The sales person gave me:
12k miles, 24 mos, $740ish(including tax) with no drive off (MSRP: $48,212).

I knew this was a BS deal given that it was my first time sitting down and also I went on the 1st of March. I said this was very far from what I expected and just left on the dot saying that this is not the dealer for me. I received several calls right after I left and didn't pick up cuz I was driving. Several hours later, they call my house and tell me that they can offer me:

15k miles, 24 mos, $485(including tax) with no drive off

I was going to try to negotiate more off the offer seeing that some people on this thread are getting better deals than that.

I said I couldn't come in until the weekend. I called during the week to see if they have the white/red they said they don't have one coming and confirmed the offer that they have said when they called me before. They said the offer still stands. They said they will call me when they have a better idea of when it actually gets to the lot in couple of days. I actually asked if he can get a dealer trade in and he said no. (I just thought they didn't want to because they didn't want to lose money by doing that)

They did not call after a week so I called them and they said it's coming in 2 weeks. I told them that's fine, but in the meanwhile let me know if anyone before me cancels their deal on the white/red so I can go in and get it. And just to be sure, I asked one more time for the offer and he said he it was for a 250...-_- But he clearly told me the MSRP: $48,212. So I was kind of ticked off because he was trying to play me.
He offered me:

15k miles, 24 mo, $540(including tax) no drive off.
Resid value: 71%
MF: 0.0008ish (didn't make sense to me. I have very very good credit)

He said that's the absolute best deal he can offer me and that the car comes in on this saturday.

Am I getting shafted by this guy because I made him feel like I'm in love with the white/red combo by keep on calling him? DId this happen to anyone? AHH!!! so frustrated!!!

Sorry for the long post.
There are lots of Lexus dealers in SoCal - keep pressing, especially toward the end of the month - you will get closer to that 485 number - that white/red combo seems to be popular though.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bill G
Old 03-14-14, 01:46 PM
craigsager
Rookie

I'm looking to purchase in S. California and was curious if I'm unrealistic with the following:

2014 IS250 RWD
-FSport Package
-Navi
-BSM

$42,000 OTD (9% sales tax)

I have one dealer, through TrueCar, offer $38,550 before tax. Every time I try to confirm the price with him via e-mail, he would not answer my question. He finally confirmed that I would get $3,850 off MSRP, which is NOT what TrueCar guaranteed. I'm guessing he got his numbers mixed up. I thought Internet Sales guys don't play around? Seems like this guy is playing games with me.

Anyhow, I contacted Cerritos and they quoted me $40,500 before tax and fees. I told them I'm looking to spend at most $42,000 OTD and they haven't returned my e-mail that I left this morning.
Old 03-14-14, 01:51 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by craigsager
I'm looking to purchase in S. California and was curious if I'm unrealistic with the following:

2014 IS250 RWD
-FSport Package
-Navi
-BSM

$42,000 OTD (9% sales tax)

I have one dealer, through TrueCar, offer $38,550 before tax. Every time I try to confirm the price with him via e-mail, he would not answer my question. He finally confirmed that I would get $3,850 off MSRP, which is NOT what TrueCar guaranteed. I'm guessing he got his numbers mixed up. I thought Internet Sales guys don't play around? Seems like this guy is playing games with me.

Anyhow, I contacted Cerritos and they quoted me $40,500 before tax and fees. I told them I'm looking to spend at most $42,000 OTD and they haven't returned my e-mail that I left this morning.
You should be able to get 12-15% off msrp in SoCal. Add about 11% for TTL.
Old 03-14-14, 02:13 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
You should be able to get 12-15% off msrp in SoCal. Add about 11% for TTL.

Hm. So I should ask for an even lower price eh?
Old 03-14-14, 02:28 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Hm. So I should ask for an even lower price eh?

You never mentioned the msrp of the vehicle you are interested in. Give us some specifics and someone might be able to offer advice.
Old 03-14-14, 02:56 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
You never mentioned the msrp of the vehicle you are interested in. Give us some specifics and someone might be able to offer advice.

The MSRP for the following package appears to be $42,800.

2014 IS250 RWD
-FSport Package
-Navi
-BSM

So going by your suggestion that I should look for 12-15% off MSRP, I should be negotiating for an OTD price between $40,380-$41,800.
Old 03-14-14, 03:45 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

The MSRP for the following package appears to be $42,800.

2014 IS250 RWD
-FSport Package
-Navi
-BSM

So going by your suggestion that I should look for 12-15% off MSRP, I should be negotiating for an OTD price between $40,380-$41,800.
That range is possible based on this board and the Edmunds site - you will need to work at it - negotiate with multiple dealers - as you work toward month's end, some dealers will get more flexible depending on any quotas and incentives they are trying to qualify for. Shoot - for that msrp, you should be able to easily hit the 42k OTD you are shooting for.

Good luck - keep us posted.

Bill G
Old 03-15-14, 02:49 PM
JKS613
Driver School Candidate

I live in NorCal and was able to purchase mine for $41k OTD. So it's very likely that is possible for you to get it for anywhere near that range.
Old 03-15-14, 02:50 PM
JKS613
Driver School Candidate

I forgot to mention that it is 250 fsport with navi & bsm. They threw in tints floor&all weather floor mats.
Old 03-15-14, 03:17 PM
enve
Driver School Candidate

When I look at the local stock for my local dealer, I actually see a White/Red 350 F sport with ML Audio and BSM system for 50k. Problem is, I'm not looking to buy for another month or two. Hope that it doesn't get sold, but if it does I'll settle for standard audio. No way I'm waiting 3 months for premium audio.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?