IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 08:29 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't discount an auto broker -- that's how I bought my 2014 IS. He contacted several dealers that he has relationships with, found the spec I was looking for, and reserved it while it was in transit. Sounds like someone did that to you, reserving the car you thought was yours.

You can't wait for it to arrive on the lot to make the dal -- get one that's in transit and have the broker/dealer put your name on it. You aren't committed until it arrives and you sign the paperwork. And no one else can poach your car.

The way my broker describes it, he won't get you the absolute lowest price, but you'll pay about what you would after 4-5 hours of negotiation with the dealer. I paid $1,187 over invoice, handled all of the negotiation and paperwork through email, and picked up my car in under 15 minutes once it arrived. I'll never buy from a dealer again.
Old 10-14-13, 10:47 PM
Exeon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
My car was special ordered and I got $3500 off. My car won't arrive until Dec/Jan. First offer I got was $500 off.
I started with email but most of the dealers want to talk to you on the phone I think to make sure you are serious about purchase. To get the lowest price I would contact the CA dealers. They are offering invoice price on 3IS F Sport. Then contact your local dealers via email and let them know you are wanting to purchase and have a price from out of state dealer. I think you'll find some dealer would match that price + shipping (< $1000). You might find one willing dealer who'll match the price outright. If they don't then just purchase from CA dealer and pay few hundred for shipping! But be prepare to wait long time (2 to 4 months) if you special order as I'm currently!
I'm local to you and was wondering the dealership that priced match was Maplewood or Wayzata? I'm shopping for a Is350 Fsport for early next year as well. Thanks
Old 10-15-13, 12:04 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Exeon
I'm local to you and was wondering the dealership that priced match was Maplewood or Wayzata? I'm shopping for a Is350 Fsport for early next year as well. Thanks
Wayzata but since I started with Maplewood in the end I had to buy from them and they gave me slightly better deal to have me come back and order. I found out they are owned by the same owner.

Ask for Jake @ Wayzata.
Old 10-15-13, 03:35 PM
Exeon
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, SonyHome
Old 10-17-13, 11:40 AM
datou
Driver School Candidate

Leased mine 350 f sport UW/BLK in the bay area for 43k. Terms came out to 27 months lease, 507 (w/o coverage warranty) monthly payment, $0 down but paid first months payment, and 12k miles.

Opted in for the coverage warranty which covers dents, dings, worn out tires, scratch rims, etc for $28 more a month.
Old 10-17-13, 03:05 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by datou
Leased mine 350 f sport UW/BLK in the bay area for 43k. Terms came out to 27 months lease, 507 (w/o coverage warranty) monthly payment, $0 down but paid first months payment, and 12k miles.

Opted in for the coverage warranty which covers dents, dings, worn out tires, scratch rims, etc for $28 more a month.
Why do you need "coverage warranty" on a lease? Does Lexus expect you to return the car in brand new condition after your 27 months lease?
Old 10-17-13, 03:37 PM
audiUp
Driver School Candidate

When I bought my 2007 IS250, I emailed Longo Lexus and got a price quote of $31,500 on MSRP of $37,000. I went to deal with my closest dealer to see what price they would give me. When they didn't come in close, I told them I will go buy from Longo at this price. They said why didn't you tell us that first. Obviously I want to see their best offer first. Who knows - it may have been better than $31,5000.

The point is - do your homework and the negotiations can be done very quickly.
Old 10-17-13, 03:42 PM
datou
Driver School Candidate

Why do you need "coverage warranty" on a lease? Does Lexus expect you to return the car in brand new condition after your 27 months lease?
No but they will definitely rob you when they find scratches and dings on your Lexus. Not to mention scratched rims. My friend had about an inch scratch on the rims on his 2IS and returned the lease and he was charged the for the whole rim.

My 3IS is going to be around the 25k to 30k miles mark when i return it my lease which is around the time tires need to be swapped out. They might charge $$$ for that as well. Knowing the fact that I don't need to pay ANYTHING other than going over the the amount of miles given is an awesome feeling.
Old 10-17-13, 06:16 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by datou

I'm in process of negotiating 250 F sport with Nav right now. I've already worked 3k off MSRP with OTD price of $44k. My lease numbers are nowhere close to this. 24 months with $1k down is $702 and 36 months is $621 for 15k miles. This is my first lease and I want to make sure I'm not getting screwed! PLEASE HELP!
Old 10-17-13, 06:26 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kizersoze
I'm in process of negotiating 250 F sport with Nav right now. I've already worked 3k off MSRP with OTD price of $44k. My lease numbers are nowhere close to this. 24 months with $1k down is $702 and 36 months is $621 for 15k miles. This is my first lease and I want to make sure I'm not getting screwed! PLEASE HELP!
I'm not expert but that seems like a bad deal! Price seems reasonable but what is your money factor?
Old 10-17-13, 07:15 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

I'm not expert but that seems like a bad deal! Price seems reasonable but what is your money factor?
I found posted on the Edmunds IS250/350 leasing forum that the MF is supposed to be .0013 from lexus financial. When I broke down the numbers it is WAY off. I think they are trying to charge a ridiculous money factor to make a ****load off of me. I already told the guy the MF and he knows I've been doing lots of research. I am going to switch up my negotiation strategy to focus on the money factor now that I have the MSRP down low enough.

Should you have to pay sales tax on the full negotiated price or just the difference between MSRP and residual?
Old 10-17-13, 07:18 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kizersoze
That's pretty close to the car I'm leasing and the MSRP, but my lease payment is lower. MSRP for me was $44,982 and price paid was $42,953. 36 month lease with a residual of 68.1%. My lease is $550 + tax.

You got more off of MSRP, and the extra thousand dollars will bump that payment up a little. My $43k lease = $550 and your $44k lease = $621. Sounds a little high.
Old 10-17-13, 07:42 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by enoren
That's pretty close to the car I'm leasing and the MSRP, but my lease payment is lower. MSRP for me was $44,982 and price paid was $42,953. 36 month lease with a residual of 68.1%. My lease is $550 + tax.

You got more off of MSRP, and the extra thousand dollars will bump that payment up a little. My $43k lease = $550 and your $44k lease = $621. Sounds a little high.
Thanks enoren! I have been doing calculations and research all night and it looks like they are trying to charge a money factor of around .005 (12%) when it's supposed to be closer to 3%! I am so glad I joined this forum and am about to join the community. You guys are life savers!
Old 10-17-13, 07:43 PM
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by enoren

How's black on black treating you? I'm looking at silver/black or black/black.
Old 10-17-13, 08:11 PM
js1011
Rookie

I bought the 2014 IS350 F-Sport in San Jose, Ca.

Type of Purchase: Financed - 10K down
Color: Ultra White Exterior - all black inside
Upgrades: Navigation (no ML premium sound), Cargo net, Trunk Mat, W-Lock, Rear Applique. I went with BSM, as opposed to VGRS
Price Paid: MSRP was upper 47K, and the deal I worked out that i ended up buying the car for was in the upper 42K. I am not including tax/license.

Note: Truecar helped out a lot. I leveraged Truecar's quote, and I talked them down ~2K from the truecar quote = ~42K.

Last edited by js1011; 10-17-13 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?