Been in contact with a dealer in San Diego. Just got this quote:

2016 White/Red IS 350 F Sport

Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio
Radar Cruise Control w/ pre collision
Accy Package

MSRP $48,975.
Asking Price is $44,600
$48,825 out-the-door.

Dealer is telling me this INCLUDES a Transportation fee since the car is located in LA. I need help deciding if this is a good deal or not? From all my research it seems like an okay deal but I can probably get cheaper? Dealer seems really antsy for my business. I am not sure what my next move is? Would I be a fool for taking this deal or should I try and get this cheaper? What should I say? Thanks
I agree with what the member above me wrote. Always have them break down the cost. Also, you may be able to save a bit more if you can go pick up the car yourself. Ask them how much the transportation fee is, this can more than likely be removed if you just pick up the car yourself. I would still try to get them down a bit more.

Good luck.
Old 06-03-16, 04:26 PM
TrojanLBC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmchecks

Accy Package

MSRP $48,975.
Asking Price is $44,600
$48,825 out-the-door.

Dealer is telling me this INCLUDES a Transportation fee since the car is located in LA. I need help deciding if this is a good deal or not? From all my research it seems like an okay deal but I can probably get cheaper? Dealer seems really antsy for my business. I am not sure what my next move is? Would I be a fool for taking this deal or should I try and get this cheaper? What should I say? Thanks

Totally agree with the members above. Also don't pay a "transportation fee". Lexus dealer in Beverly Hills tried to pull that one on me and it was like 500 bucks. I went to Carlsbad, they got the car for me via a dealer swap and didn't tack on that "transportation fee". I even got it around 1500 under invoice. Same setup as you are looking at. White/Rioja Red IS350. Keep dealing man. They need your business, not the other way around. Good luck!
Old 06-03-16, 04:39 PM
gmchecks
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I got a KBB quote on the car at $43.2k - $44.7k Fair market range and an invoice at $44.7k.

I'm going to ask the dealer about the invoice price since he sort of strategically dodged that haha. Also, going to ask him to waive the $900 "transportation" fee which seemed pretty steep to me.
Old 06-03-16, 04:41 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I got a KBB quote on the car at $43.2k - $44.7k Fair market range and an invoice at $44.7k.

I'm going to ask the dealer about the invoice price since he sort of strategically dodged that haha. Also, going to ask him to waive the $900 "transportation" fee which seemed pretty steep to me.
Also use Edmunds (or other site) to get an INVOICE price. Not just a fair market range.
Old 06-03-16, 04:42 PM
sdiver68
Driver

Accy Package

MSRP $48,975.
Asking Price is $44,600
$48,825 out-the-door.

Offer $43k deal done. Or offer $42k settle at $43k.
Old 06-04-16, 07:50 AM
JustBaze1
Rookie

Accy Package

MSRP $48,975.
Asking Price is $44,600
$48,825 out-the-door.

what I did when I found the exact car I wanted was took that written offer to another dealer and received a counter offer then took that back to the first dealer with that car on the lot and said beat the second offer and you'll take delivery that day
Old 06-04-16, 02:44 PM
gmchecks
Driver School Candidate

Just put down the deposit and I'll get the IS350 F Sport tomorrow. Got him down to $43.460. Not a steal but I think I got a decent deal. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!
Old 06-04-16, 06:05 PM
sdiver68
Driver

Just put down the deposit and I'll get the IS350 F Sport tomorrow. Got him down to $43.460. Not a steal but I think I got a decent deal. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!
Its a very good deal, congrats! Now enjoy!
Old 06-04-16, 07:07 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Is that the vehicle selling price?

What was your final out the door?
Old 06-05-16, 01:13 AM
qbanghost
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jman-is350
I got $2K off on my Fsport white/red.
I like your car history! Seems like you have been busy haha
Old 06-05-16, 04:23 PM
MiniaLT
Driver School Candidate

26K$
2015 IS250 AWD with 1200 miles. (Rebuild title)
Old 06-05-16, 11:17 PM
gmchecks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nathantse
Is that the vehicle selling price?

What was your final out the door?
Yes, that was the vehicle selling price. My out the door cost was actually right around $52k. I fell for the stupid extended warranties. Definitely a mistake on my part looking back at it now. Glad I got that car but not happy about my stupidity when being upsold. Especially since I told myself going in that I wouldn't be doing it. Oh well. Lesson learned, car is epic. Can't wait to drive her more tomorrow.
Old 06-05-16, 11:37 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes, that was the vehicle selling price. My out the door cost was actually right around $52k. I fell for the stupid extended warranties. Definitely a mistake on my part looking back at it now. Glad I got that car but not happy about my stupidity when being upsold. Especially since I told myself going in that I wouldn't be doing it. Oh well. Lesson learned, car is epic. Can't wait to drive her more tomorrow.
Damn, which warranties did you buy?

Personally, i think the only one worth getting is the wheel and tire protection plan.
Old 06-06-16, 02:20 PM
gmchecks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nathantse
Damn, which warranties did you buy?

Personally, i think the only one worth getting is the wheel and tire protection plan.
I got the extended warranty up to 100k miles, the wheel/tire protection and also the super wax job or whatever it is. Honestly, I wish I didn't get any but I guess having a $50k car it's nice to have some peace of mind with that stuff. Idk? Did any of you guys opt for any of these?
Old 06-06-16, 02:50 PM
TrojanLBC
Driver School Candidate

That's a great deal man! Congrats and enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?