IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 07-03-13, 08:14 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay. Since I’m participating in this thread I may as well pipe in with my deal. Keep in mind that there are always going to be people with better deals than your or worse deals than yours. I may not get the best deal on a car but get a great deal on a house. It all evens out. The nature of doing deals.

I got $1500 off and had the destination and delivery fees waived. I tried to put as much on a credit card as I could -- so I can get cash back – which I would pay off in full at the end of the month – but they weren’t going for it.

So I paid all of it except $2500 by check and put the $2500 on the card. I will pay the balance off at the end of the month and get a few bucks cash back.

No extended warranty, sprays, sealers, saran wrap, or any of the other cross sell nonsense.

I took my trade in to Carmax and sold it to them. I got about $4K more from Carmax than I would’ve from the dealers.
Old 07-03-13, 08:19 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well done. That was indeed true savings. Good strategy.
Old 07-03-13, 08:30 AM
pianospike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Okay. Since I’m participating in this thread I may as well pipe in with my deal. Keep in mind that there are always going to be people with better deals than your or worse deals than yours. I may not get the best deal on a car but get a great deal on a house. It all evens out. The nature of doing deals.

I got $1500 off and had the destination and delivery fees waived. I tried to put as much on a credit card as I could -- so I can get cash back – which I would pay off in full at the end of the month – but they weren’t going for it.

So I paid all of it except $2500 by check and put the $2500 on the card. I will pay the balance off at the end of the month and get a few bucks cash back.

No extended warranty, sprays, sealers, saran wrap, or any of the other cross sell nonsense.

I took my trade in to Carmax and sold it to them. I got about $4K more from Carmax than I would’ve from the dealers.
Awesome! I will try this same strategy as I'm also saving up for a Hawaii trip with credit card rewards. Not surprising they wouldn't go for more than $2,500, as it probably costs them around 2.5-3% on credit card transaction and zero on check. Nice gesture that they allowed $2,500 to go on the card, though.
Old 07-03-13, 08:33 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you pianospike & unc879wins -- and you're welcome pianospikes. As a guy who's been around the block I'd like to share that imo a good deal stops being a good deal when one spends too much precious time trying to save a few bucks. Life & time are very valuable. I've gotten caught up in that trap where I spent too much time obsessively trying to match the deals others on forums said they got. The additional money saved was not worth it.
Old 07-03-13, 12:30 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you pianospike & unc879wins -- and you're welcome pianospikes. As a guy who's been around the block I'd like to share that imo a good deal stops being a good deal when one spends too much precious time trying to save a few bucks. Life & time are very valuable. I've gotten caught up in that trap where I spent too much time obsessively trying to match the deals others on forums said they got. The additional money saved was not worth it.
I definitely will agree with that. Time is money. Hours and expenses back and forth multiple times to a dealer gets very expensive very fast. If a person is serious about buying, a deal can be struck pretty easily and painlessly.
Old 07-03-13, 02:23 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You are correct there, throwing money away is bad but obsessing over the last dollar on a luxury product takes some of the pleasure out of it. If one wants a brand new spankin' new 2014 IS NOW you are going to pay more than if you wait six months or so.....figure that into your equation and make your decision.
Old 07-03-13, 05:10 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You are correct there, throwing money away is bad but obsessing over the last dollar on a luxury product takes some of the pleasure out of it. If one wants a brand new spankin' new 2014 IS NOW you are going to pay more than if you wait six months or so.....figure that into your equation and make your decision.
Here here...well said.

However, with the right salesman, you can get a discount. Even now.
Old 07-04-13, 09:23 PM
Timmah
Driver

Price of the car is the Price of the car. It doesn't matter if you finance, lease or pay cash. If you get a good deal in the front you will get ripped in the back or vice versa is a thing of the past. Everything is separate now-a-days.
Front meaning price of the car back meaning the Finance/business office (where you do your paper work)
Old 07-06-13, 08:24 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some folks getting the 3IS below MSRP so soon !?!? Not sure if its a regional thing or not but here in he NorthEast the dealers are all looking for MSRP for at least a few months !!??
Old 07-07-13, 10:43 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paid full MSRP. My dealer is selling them like crazy. I wanted one NOW so I paid more for it. Probably depends on area also. In the higher income cities they probably won't negotiate as soon since they sell faster.
Old 07-07-13, 10:49 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Paid full MSRP. My dealer is selling them like crazy. I wanted one NOW so I paid more for it. Probably depends on area also. In the higher income cities they probably won't negotiate as soon since they sell faster.
Where in CA are you located and what dealer did you go to?? Just curious...
Old 07-07-13, 11:03 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bay Area I went to Pleasanton Lexus.
Old 07-07-13, 01:02 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Bay Area I went to Pleasanton Lexus.
ok. I am in Los Angeles and I haven't seen any down here yet but mine.
Old 07-10-13, 12:16 PM
jennyshop
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,
I was offered $2900 off MSRP for IS 250. Is that a good deal. From what I'm reading, it sounds good but I'm thinking there is a catch I'm missing. Sounds like too good a deal on a new model.
Old 07-10-13, 12:26 PM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 2014 Lexus IS 250 F Sport on July 2nd for $42k here in Los Angeles. I have not seen one since I left the Glendale Dealer. No discount was offer on my Lexus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?