IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-15, 09:26 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by duerrs
That is where I got confused also. This was all done via email and the attached is what the dealer had sent me following several back and forth negotiations. Again, I find it confusing as well and was hoping some of you could make sense out of it. I believe the Less "O-Rewards" is the Golden Opportunity Sales event discount but unsure how they came up with that amount.

Let me know your thoughts...thanks for looking!
Using the figures on the worksheet, I calculate the same payment with zero cash up front. If you were able to get another $1k discount and somehow get the money factor to .0005, the payment would be about 506. Using max MSDs would get the money factor to .00028 and the payment would be further reduced to around 489. The MSDs would be around 4500 but you would save around $2500 in interest charges and stand to get your $4500 back at the end of the lease, pending excess mileage/damage charges.

Update - there is $500 lease cash and complimentary first payment until 9/8 - I believe that's where the 1070 comes from. I really do believe they can do better on the discount - if you've got some time, keep holding out til month's end. Do you have other dealers you can get involved?

Last edited by gmanusmc; 07-20-15 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-20-15, 08:08 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ojn949
Hello all,

Going to meet with a dealer tomorrow. I've received an offer from another dealer. 2015 IS 350 F Sport. I'm purchasing and putting almost half MSRP down.

MSRP $49,548.00
Selling price $43,274.00
OTD price was $47,459.07

I've seen a couple better deals than this, but not too many in Southern California... and I'm Southern California.

Is this a good deal or can we do better?
This is pretty much the deal I been getting. Longo and Glendale flat out they couldn't match this price. Only places that offered me this deal was Santa Monica and Keys Van Nuys. Im holding until Aug/Sept to see if I can snag a better deal. The waiting is killing me though.
Old 07-21-15, 12:56 AM
hohohong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put deposit on a used IS250AWD Sport F3.

Price is CAD $42K before tax. No freight and PDI as it's used.

But it's only less than 500 km?? And less than 3 months old??

The MSRP is a bit more than $51K before tax, after freight and PDI. That's more than $9000 saving for a 500km used car. I was gonna wait for IS 200T,....

BTW, no accident. Clean title, not salvage title.

Is it a good price?
Old 07-21-15, 04:51 AM
duerrs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Using the figures on the worksheet, I calculate the same payment with zero cash up front. If you were able to get another $1k discount and somehow get the money factor to .0005, the payment would be about 506. Using max MSDs would get the money factor to .00028 and the payment would be further reduced to around 489. The MSDs would be around 4500 but you would save around $2500 in interest charges and stand to get your $4500 back at the end of the lease, pending excess mileage/damage charges.

Update - there is $500 lease cash and complimentary first payment until 9/8 - I believe that's where the 1070 comes from. I really do believe they can do better on the discount - if you've got some time, keep holding out til month's end. Do you have other dealers you can get involved?
Thank you! I knew about the first payment but was not aware of the $500 lease cash. As far as other dealers...not really. Unfortunately, we only have one other in the state and they are owned by the same person/group. Can't really negotiate against each other...1st sales person from either store to put numbers to your name (in system), wins so to speak. Their systems and inventory are linked.

Have not accepted any offer thus far...still negotiating on dealer inventory.

Thanks again!
Old 07-21-15, 05:11 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by duerrs
Thank you! I knew about the first payment but was not aware of the $500 lease cash. As far as other dealers...not really. Unfortunately, we only have one other in the state and they are owned by the same person/group. Can't really negotiate against each other...1st sales person from either store to put numbers to your name (in system), wins so to speak. Their systems and inventory are linked.

Have not accepted any offer thus far...still negotiating on dealer inventory.

Thanks again!
Sounds like you're on top of it.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going.
Old 07-21-15, 07:16 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by hohohong
I just put deposit on a used IS250AWD Sport F3.

Price is CAD $42K before tax. No freight and PDI as it's used.

But it's only less than 500 km?? And less than 3 months old??

The MSRP is a bit more than $51K before tax, after freight and PDI. That's more than $9000 saving for a 500km used car. I was gonna wait for IS 200T,....

BTW, no accident. Clean title, not salvage title.

Is it a good price?
I have no idea about prices in Canada, but if I were to buy a slightly used car in the US with 500 miles I would want to pay at least $2000 USD less than the best deal I could get for a new car.
Old 07-22-15, 07:51 PM
darr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stevent
This is pretty much the deal I been getting. Longo and Glendale flat out they couldn't match this price. Only places that offered me this deal was Santa Monica and Keys Van Nuys. Im holding until Aug/Sept to see if I can snag a better deal. The waiting is killing me though.
Are the Santa Monica and Keys Van Nuys dealers the cheapest in socal at this price??

MSRP $49,548.00
Selling price $43,274.00
OTD price was $47,459.07
Old 07-22-15, 08:04 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darr
Are the Santa Monica and Keys Van Nuys dealers the cheapest in socal at this price??

MSRP $49,548.00
Selling price $43,274.00
OTD price was $47,459.07
I think members were able to get a better deal then this when the 2015s started to roll out last year. So I am trying to hold out one more month or two to see.
Old 07-22-15, 08:14 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
I think members were able to get a better deal then this when the 2015s started to roll out last year. So I am trying to hold out one more month or two to see.
last year's msrp were also lower. can't compare last year to this year since prices aren't the same
Old 07-22-15, 10:29 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tea
last year's msrp were also lower. can't compare last year to this year since prices aren't the same
Pricing routinely increases a few percentage points each year - as long as you achieve a discount that matches or beats the discounts being achieved in your market area, your deal should be a good one.
Old 07-23-15, 01:45 PM
travanx
Driver School Candidate

MSRP $49,548.00
Selling price $43,274.00
OTD price was $47,459.07
That's about what mine was at Keyes. I remember doing this with Keyes Acura many years ago and they were also the cheapest OTD with no real haggling needed.

The finance haggling is not my cup of tea, as to the previous cars I bought it was much more straightforward without all the back and forth nonsense. Including buying a 993 from a used exotic car dealer. Not exactly what I was expecting from Lexus.

I would never set foot in Glendale Lexus, or any car dealer in Glendale, and I grew up there.

The car kicking *** leaves all that in the dust though.
Old 07-23-15, 03:00 PM
darr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by travanx
That's about what mine was at Keyes. I remember doing this with Keyes Acura many years ago and they were also the cheapest OTD with no real haggling needed.

The finance haggling is not my cup of tea, as to the previous cars I bought it was much more straightforward without all the back and forth nonsense. Including buying a 993 from a used exotic car dealer. Not exactly what I was expecting from Lexus.

I would never set foot in Glendale Lexus, or any car dealer in Glendale, and I grew up there.

The car kicking *** leaves all that in the dust though.
Thanks I'll definitely check them out. I'm most likely going to wait til the Labor day sales/end of September(Q3) for the best deal.
Old 07-23-15, 04:33 PM
travanx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks I'll definitely check them out. I'm most likely going to wait til the Labor day sales/end of September(Q3) for the best deal.
Just go directly through their internet manager. Probably can haggle them down even lower on the OTD over emails. I wanted a specific color then and there, and if not was going to wait until November.

I can see why some don't keep negotiating for the ultimate rock bottom price, as time and less extra stress has become more important to me lately.
Old 07-23-15, 10:51 PM
okatkiki
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by okatkiki
Hello all! I just recently made a purchase of my new leased 2015 IS350 F Sport AWD Ultra White on Rioja Red Leather with BSM, Nav, Accessory Package, no Mark,etc. and I just wanted to share my great numbers for y'all!
MSRP $49,880
Negotiated Selling Price $44,000
Rebate: $500
Term: 27months/10k
Residual: $34,980
Money Factor: .00001 (7 MSD's put down, total of $2450, which I will get all back at the end of lease)
Monthly Payment: $337/month !!
NO MONEY DUE AT SIGNING AT ALL
They paid for all my acquisition fee, doc fee, dealer fee, FIRST MONTH, etc.
I believe I got a really great deal, let me know what your thoughts are and if you got a better deal than this!
Hey guys! SO after a month being on this forum, I still haven't seen someone who got a deal as good as mine, but I want to update you all with an awesome news. Well I didn't realize that the graduate rebate also included 2 year community college, which I just did graduate this year. I told them about it and they revised my contract and gave me an even better deal
So here is my final numbers now compared to last time:
MSRP $49,880
Adjusted Capitalized Cost/Selling Price: $42,990
Rebate: $1000 graduate + $500 lease= $1500
Term: 27months/10k
Residual: $34,980
Money Factor: .00001 (7 MSD's put down, total of $2450, which I will get all back at the end of lease)
Monthly Payment: $300/month !!
NO MONEY DUE AT SIGNING AT ALL
They paid for all my acquisition fee, doc fee, dealer fee, FIRST MONTH, etc.

YES THIS IS A MIRACLE AND I COULDN'tT BE ANY HAPPIER ANY DOLLAR COUNTS FOR ME
Old 07-24-15, 02:34 AM
steveim86
Driver School Candidate

Im from Socal and here is what I paid (financed). Not sure if its a good deal but every lexus in socal said white exterior & red interior is popular and cannot give much discount than that.

MSRP: $49,548
Discount: $5,385.57
Final Price (OTD): $48,650

Last edited by steveim86; 07-24-15 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?