IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Status Updates of Orders

Old 07-05-13, 10:33 AM
justkramer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Santa Monica Lexus had is350fsport ultra white with black interior yesterday with ML. Saw it there yesterday when I picked up my is250fsport black/red

Ask for bob lattimore Internet sales manager or Matt Unger general sales manager. I got $1422 off Msrp leased it.

Tell the Debbie who bought her car yesterday sent you
Debbie, I'm about to purchase the same vehicle you leased. How hard did you have to negotiate to get the $1422 off the MSRP? Most I've been offered is $1K and that was a battle. I wonder if they're more willing to negotiate on the lease vs. a purchase.
Old 07-05-13, 10:51 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by justkramer
Debbie, I'm about to purchase the same vehicle you leased. How hard did you have to negotiate to get the $1422 off the MSRP? Most I've been offered is $1K and that was a battle. I wonder if they're more willing to negotiate on the lease vs. a purchase.

It actually wasn't very hard at all. I just was very firm and i did not budge from the minimum drive off fees I wanted to put down and where I wanted my payment at. They wanted $300 more down and I refused and said thanks and went to my car and before I got there salesman came after me and said u have a deal. Then I told them I'll do the deal if they give me 2 years free maintenance and I got that too plus a $25 Visa card for going into their dealership. It helped that I bought it at month end and quarter end and they needed to meet quota. Initially they way undervalued my trade and I made them come up on that too.

I don't think it makes a difference of a purchase vs a lease. I think I also had leased 4 other IS250 and am a repeat Lexus financial services customer so that could have helped. But it was my first time at this dealership and they were great. Keyes Lexus which is 1 mile from my house were being jerks so even though I got my 4 prior cars from them, I went elsewhere on this one. Keyes was just unreasonable. All other dealers were selling car last weekend and other dealers told me lease programs were available and Keyes said I had to wait til 7-1-2014 even though I got an email from them telling me car was available. I deal with a sales manager there and wasn't thrilled having to wait cause I wanted to do it weekend and not on a day I have to work. So needless to say they lost a sale And a service customer

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-05-13 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 12:21 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by justkramer
Good for you! I may have to special order mine since I want Ultra White with light grey interior. I'm shooting for $1750 off MSRP and maintenance package included. I'm not sure if they're as willing to discount the price on special orders, but black interior is just too hot since I live in Vegas. They have a black IS350 Fsport with light grey interior on the lot and it looks beautiful inside with the 2-tone. If I could afford to buy the 350 I would just take that one. But my budget allows for a 250 and I'm in love with the Ultra White. Congrats on your new car! Enjoy.
Thank you. I also have the is250 fsport. I have red interior I am counting on Lexus great air conditioning to keep me cool in the summer.
Old 07-05-13, 09:35 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those of you who placed true "factory"/"special" orders, did you receive or negotiate any discount off MSRP??
Old 07-06-13, 05:26 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
Those of you who placed true "factory"/"special" orders, did you receive or negotiate any discount off MSRP??
Yes I did negotiate 1k off sticker on my order.
Old 07-06-13, 05:42 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Yes I did negotiate 1k off sticker on my order.
That's pretty great deal on a special order

My salesman left that dealership a few years ago so if you continue to have a good experience and I go IS again (which is a very strong possibility at this point) I may hit you up for a name in PM

Excited for you to get your new car, Subscribed!
Old 07-06-13, 06:08 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TripleL
That's pretty great deal on a special order

My salesman left that dealership a few years ago so if you continue to have a good experience and I go IS again (which is a very strong possibility at this point) I may hit you up for a name in PM

Excited for you to get your new car, Subscribed!
Hit me up at anytime as I am very happy with my salesman. When I ordered, we came to an agreement that I felt was fair especially considering that there was not a lot of information on pricing and options. He worked with the Lexus rep to get the order in.
If you are looking to special order, the orders get placed on the 20th of every month. Make sure to complete your deal prior to the 20th as to not push it out another month.
Old 07-07-13, 09:14 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Speaking from a sales consultant's perspective, I sold an inbound black on black IS350 F-Sport w/ the navigation, Mark Levinson and BSM feature. (FYI, I work at the Lexus dealer in Orlando, FL.) The vehicle is due to arrive at the dealer around the middle of this month, and my customer who signed up on this factory order today is very excited I am as well since this is my first 2014 IS sale ever since we got our first batch of units late last month (we've sold 6-7 of them so far).

As a matter of fact, we currently have about 10 units in stock (two of them 350's and the rest as 250's) and will be getting at least a dozen more factory orders in the next 2-4 weeks. Based on the steady traffic we've been receiving at the store and the captivating TV commercials and advertisements, I think this 2014 IS is going to hit the ball out of the park
Old 07-09-13, 09:47 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Status has been updated!

Your vehicle has been placed in process at the processing center. It should complete processing within a week. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery

YAY!!!! Getting closer!!!!
Old 07-09-13, 10:49 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Status has been updated!

Your vehicle has been placed in process at the processing center. It should complete processing within a week. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery

Hi Jennifer, where did you get this information? I'm looking to see if I can get mine without calling my sales rep for an update since I don't know whether he's telling me the truth or not.
Old 07-09-13, 11:35 AM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus makes great cars but is horrible with special orders. They don't handle custom orders very efficiently. German special orders are a breeze. When I special ordered an IS in 2008 it took 4 months for the car to arrive. Just before it arrived I asked the dealer for the build sheet. Something was missing. Dealer offered me the car at a further discount and I said no. A second special order was placed. 5 months later the 2nd car arrived. The 2009 models were in production so I ended getting an 09 instead of an 08. Hopefully you will get your special orders as ordered the first time around.
Old 07-09-13, 12:19 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Status has been updated!

Glad to see that your delivery is almost there.
Old 08-21-13, 06:03 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Well, I received an update for the first time yesterday on my order. Production September with October delivery. This is torture. It will be 5 months for the vehicle since the order was placed in May. I am getting a real sour taste in my mouth over this being that others have ordered and are actually receiving cars either on time or early.
I have demanded a detailed explanation as to what is the cause of the delay. To me this is unacceptable and I am ready to pull my order and tell Lexus to shove their car up their production line. (I really will not pull the order as I do want the vehicle) I am just extremely frustrated that it took three months just to get an update to say two more months.
I have never seen a worse company for orders of cars.
Old 08-21-13, 07:45 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

My car got its license plates yesterday. 15 days and 18 hours left, but who's counting?
Old 08-21-13, 10:30 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jhs82
My car got its license plates yesterday. 15 days and 18 hours left, but who's counting?
Plates prior to arrival? Is that mandatory where you are?
Congrats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Status Updates of Orders