IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 02:35 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?

This is important to me since it'll help me to understand if a salesperson is lying to me. I already had one price an IS at $6000 above Cars Direct and then tell me that Cars Direct prices can't be trusted.

This has been like walking through a bad neighborhood. My Acura (3x) and even Hyundai Genesis buying experiences were more straight forward. I'm having a hard time parsing suspects from prospects in Lexus dealerships.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-13, 03:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

not until 7/1 but that doesnt mean that some dealer wont break that date...
Old 06-28-13, 03:06 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Just as I thought. Keyes Lexus is adamant that I can drive one home today but I demurred so I could check it out with you folks.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-13, 03:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Just as I thought. Keyes Lexus is adamant that I can drive one home today but I demurred so I could check it out with you folks.

Thanks!
if they are telling you they will give it to you, why not?

i mean they can simply process the papers on monday... there is no law against it, it is just a lexus thing.
Old 06-28-13, 03:20 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Please DO NOT pay more than MSRP.....

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Old 06-28-13, 03:30 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, you should be able to buy it today. I saw a few on the road yesterday, my local dealer kept calling me to purchase on Tuesday.

But I am waiting for the fully loaded 350 F. I put a deposit weeks ago and it was suppose to arrive today but my sales guy screwed up, the one coming in doesnt have the mark levi sound.

He's now pushing me saying it will be another 1-2 before those models arrive from port. =(
Old 06-28-13, 03:41 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
if they are telling you they will give it to you, why not?

i mean they can simply process the papers on monday... there is no law against it, it is just a lexus thing.
Originally Posted by Joe Z

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Originally Posted by blksolara
Yes, you should be able to buy it today. I saw a few on the road yesterday, my local dealer kept calling me to purchase on Tuesday.

But I am waiting for the fully loaded 350 F. I put a deposit weeks ago and it was suppose to arrive today but my sales guy screwed up, the one coming in doesnt have the mark levi sound.

He's now pushing me saying it will be another 1-2 before those models arrive from port. =(
Thank you. Glendale Lexus already tried to hike the price. I appreciate the feedback. Any of you in the LA area?
Old 06-28-13, 04:13 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Agree, the IS isn't the type of car you pay over MSRP for. There will be plenty to around in a few weeks.
Old 06-28-13, 04:42 PM
scgt652
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Thank you. Glendale Lexus already tried to hike the price. I appreciate the feedback. Any of you in the LA area?
You should go to Longo on Sunday and try to haggle. They are the biggest Lexus dealer in CA, and they will cut a deal at the end of a month to move a few more units. I am not saying they will sell you a '14 IS for invoice, however, they may be willing discount the car a bit, or at least bump up the trade-in for your Hyundai.
Old 06-28-13, 04:46 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. How long do you think it would take for dealers to get to a place where they're willing to negotiate. I hate the thought of paying MSRP? How would I find out what invoice is?
Old 06-28-13, 05:13 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good thread now. What is best guest on invoice?

I talked to many of the sales guys in LA, one told me that you probably won't see any discount until at least a month later.

I read on the forums here not to expect one till early next year. It's too hard to say, it will depend on the sales of the car. If they can't move it, discount will come.

You can finance one today. If your looking to lease, you will have to wait until Monday.

What is the APR you got offer?
Old 06-28-13, 06:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

According to an email I just got from the Lexus Western Area Vehicle Supply Manager, (from email) "2014 IS Retail date has been moved to TONIGHT"

It appears the only thing they were waiting for was the latest Lexus Enform App Suite. I've downloaded a few to the cars. All but one worked. The one that didn't has "Push to Talk: Voice" not working - but that was for the whole car not just Enform related i.e. couldn't tell the car an address
Old 06-28-13, 06:53 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went to check out the 3IS, they had a F-Sport there that already had a sold tag on there. My sales guy said buyers can't take delivery until 7/1, but this was about a week or so ago so maybe that has since changed.
Old 06-28-13, 07:03 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scgt652
You should go to Longo on Sunday and try to haggle. They are the biggest Lexus dealer in CA, and they will cut a deal at the end of a month to move a few more units. I am not saying they will sell you a '14 IS for invoice, however, they may be willing discount the car a bit, or at least bump up the trade-in for your Hyundai.
I think you are dreaming if you think you will get more than a token discount, if any, from a '14 IS. You can try, but I wouldn't suspect you would be successful.

People get all excited and will pay MSRP for these cars because, well, they have no self discipline. In a few weeks it will be business as usual, but car companies know that there will be tunas out there that they can reel in and make some nice money.
Old 06-28-13, 07:59 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
According to an email I just got from the Lexus Western Area Vehicle Supply Manager, (from email) "2014 IS Retail date has been moved to TONIGHT"

It appears the only thing they were waiting for was the latest Lexus Enform App Suite. I've downloaded a few to the cars. All but one worked. The one that didn't has "Push to Talk: Voice" not working - but that was for the whole car not just Enform related i.e. couldn't tell the car an address
Just came back from dealer heard the same. If there's one on the lot you can drive away today. Salesman tried to sell me Fsport 350 Ultra White they have on the lot with some hundreds miles since it was the only model. I was offered $1000 off but lots of people already demo this one.

Quick Reply: can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?