IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 09:29 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is a lease.
Old 06-30-13, 05:32 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My deal is for either cash, finance, or lease. I have yet to decide which way to go and my dealer does not care either way.
Old 06-30-13, 08:00 AM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
My deal is for either cash, finance, or lease. I have yet to decide which way to go and my dealer does not care either way.
Yes, thats what I mean. Unless your paying full cash, your deal on the MSRP doesnt gurantee you save any money. The dealer can hike up lease prices and finance cost.

I calculated and with tax and 4-year financing cost, I'm looking to spend at total of $56K for a 350 F.

Thoughts?
Old 06-30-13, 11:27 AM
Timmah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to get mine on Friday.
Old 06-30-13, 02:53 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blksolara
Yes, thats what I mean. Unless your paying full cash, your deal on the MSRP doesnt gurantee you save any money. The dealer can hike up lease prices and finance cost.

I calculated and with tax and 4-year financing cost, I'm looking to spend at total of $56K for a 350 F.

Thoughts?
The dealer can play with the interest rates on financing but there is always the bank financing route if they get out of line. Also, the note could be paid in full at any time to save the remaining interest.
As far as a lease, if they play with the money factor then they will not have a guaranteed customer back in short time for another vehicle.
I do not think your calculations are out of line.
Old 06-30-13, 09:37 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay! What a busy day. I was communicating with about 5 different dealers. 2 came through with competitive offers. Keyes and Jim Falk here in LA said they wouldn't budge from sticker. I went with David Truong at Longo Lexus because in each email and phone call exchange he was a perfect gentleman and he was straight forward and honest with me about everything. It was the mellowest and more pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. I now own an IS350 F-sport with Levinson Nebula Grey/Red.

I've had the highly regarded ELS system on Acura's and had the Lexicon in the Genesis I just sold. The Levinson blows then both away. I don't know if its the cabin or what but it sounds so fine. The nav is slow but not painstakingly so. The mouse is fine once you get used to how little movement it takes.

Okay so we can't get certain features on the F-sport -- here are my thoughts since I had all of those features and more on the Genesis.

Adaptive cruise control -- nice but I seldom used it since it applies the brakes suddenly and dramatically even with car distance at its greatest.
Rain sensing wipers -- not a great loss -- on the Genny they'd wipe out of the blue on sunny days sometimes (spray from another car).
LDWS - never used it. Acura is supposed to have a cool evolvement on that theme but that car cost much more.
Memory seats -- once the seat is in place in this car you're set. The tilt steering wheel is memory.
Don't even notice the seats are Nuluxe.
Electronic brake -- very nice on the Genny -- will miss that
Hill assist -- kind of good to have in LA but didn't sue it much
Front and rear object sensors -- will miss those they help squeeze through tight spaces
Folding mirrors -- used those a lot on the Genny
Mirrors that tilt downward in reverse so I don't hit a curb while parking -- I'm surprised this car doesn't do that -- will the feature

But all in all -- missing any and/or all of the features above is not a deal breaker. This car is cool.

Apologize for typos -- very tired.
Old 06-30-13, 10:01 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 07-01-13, 03:10 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

i think it has hill assists, it is AT anyway? As to tilting mirrors, trying putting the mirror adjuster to the left or right mirror, thats how it tilts in mine, in the middle position it doesnt tilt
Old 07-01-13, 07:41 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you all. Just to put things in perspective -- Genesis gave me all of the above + air cooled seats that worked wonderfully -- but it couldn't give me or anyone else a reliable air conditioner. It struggled with temps above 90. It was really bad -- where it only blew cold air when I was driving.

The Acura TL SH-AWD gave me a world class driving experience -- it handled great. But it couldn't give me a somewhat sane ride on city streets and it couldn't give me sound proofing.

To me the IS combines the best of both cars -- luxury + driving thrills.
Old 07-01-13, 08:04 AM
pianospike
Rookie

Originally Posted by Glashub
Thank you all. Just to put things in perspective -- Genesis gave me all of the above + air cooled seats that worked wonderfully -- but it couldn't give me or anyone else a reliable air conditioner. It struggled with temps above 90. It was really bad -- where it only blew cold air when I was driving.

The Acura TL SH-AWD gave me a world class driving experience -- it handled great. But it couldn't give me a somewhat sane ride on city streets and it couldn't give me sound proofing.

To me the IS combines the best of both cars -- luxury + driving thrills.
Were you able to drive a car off the lot, or did you have to order? Your configuration is likely what I am looking to get, but I am torn whether to spend the extra for ML. Since it is bundled with the nav (which i don't much care about), it is an extra $3.2k or so, and I'm wondering if it is worth it. Did you compare the ML to the standard Lexus audio system?
Old 07-01-13, 08:16 AM
Timmah
Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Okay! What a busy day. I was communicating with about 5 different dealers. 2 came through with competitive offers. Keyes and Jim Falk here in LA said they wouldn't budge from sticker. I went with David Truong at Longo Lexus because in each email and phone call exchange he was a perfect gentleman and he was straight forward and honest with me about everything. It was the mellowest and more pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. I now own an IS350 F-sport with Levinson Nebula Grey/Red.

I've had the highly regarded ELS system on Acura's and had the Lexicon in the Genesis I just sold. The Levinson blows then both away. I don't know if its the cabin or what but it sounds so fine. The nav is slow but not painstakingly so. The mouse is fine once you get used to how little movement it takes.

Okay so we can't get certain features on the F-sport -- here are my thoughts since I had all of those features and more on the Genesis.

Adaptive cruise control -- nice but I seldom used it since it applies the brakes suddenly and dramatically even with car distance at its greatest.
Rain sensing wipers -- not a great loss -- on the Genny they'd wipe out of the blue on sunny days sometimes (spray from another car).
LDWS - never used it. Acura is supposed to have a cool evolvement on that theme but that car cost much more.
Memory seats -- once the seat is in place in this car you're set. The tilt steering wheel is memory.
Don't even notice the seats are Nuluxe.
Electronic brake -- very nice on the Genny -- will miss that
Hill assist -- kind of good to have in LA but didn't sue it much
Front and rear object sensors -- will miss those they help squeeze through tight spaces
Folding mirrors -- used those a lot on the Genny
Mirrors that tilt downward in reverse so I don't hit a curb while parking -- I'm surprised this car doesn't do that -- will the feature

But all in all -- missing any and/or all of the features above is not a deal breaker. This car is cool.

Apologize for typos -- very tired.
Congrats on the new purchase. Great color combo.
Old 07-01-13, 08:20 AM
Timmah
Driver

Originally Posted by pianospike
Were you able to drive a car off the lot, or did you have to order? Your configuration is likely what I am looking to get, but I am torn whether to spend the extra for ML. Since it is bundled with the nav (which i don't much care about), it is an extra $3.2k or so, and I'm wondering if it is worth it. Did you compare the ML to the standard Lexus audio system?
If you can budget for ML I would highly recommend it from a keep everything factory stand point. If your plans are to upgrade audio than save your money. I also have a Lexus CT and the audio system in the IS blows it away. I did a few minor tweaks and listen to rock, alternative, dance, techno, rap, classical, etc and was very please as I tend to get the I need to upgrade everything bug.

However, 3.2k many would say you can get a nice aftermarket setup that will blow the ML away but I dont like my car smelling like MDF, glue, dust, ETC for months.
Old 07-01-13, 08:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 07-01-13, 08:26 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pianospike
My salesman at Longo Lexus (supposedly the biggest Lexus dealer in the world) told me I likely got the last of that color combo for another month or so. It came in Saturday night and I drove it off the lot yesterday.

I didn't compare ML to the Lexus radio but I can tell you imo it is superior to ELS + Lexicon which is very high end -- supposedly the only other car that has it is the Bentley.
Old 07-01-13, 08:26 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
Congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?