IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lane Changing Ride and Drive Event

Old 06-26-13, 05:11 PM
Supermuku
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane Changing Ride and Drive Event

Does anybody have info and or pictures about this event, information seems to be very scarce on this topic. Any information would be a welcome.
Old 06-26-13, 08:49 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe it's a targeted offer, like the GS Performance Drive Tour?
Old 06-27-13, 09:03 AM
Supermuku
Rookie

there seems to be not that many info out there. wonder who lexus is targeting to invite.
Old 06-27-13, 10:03 AM
nlkccom
Driver School Candidate

Got an invite and registered.

Here's some info:

Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013
Time: Sessions held throughout the day

You and a guest will experience firsthand the incredible performance and technology of the all-new IS.

Challenge yourself and your fellow drivers on a professionally designed autocross course. Then check out the LFA supercar and other Lexus F SPORT vehicles on site.

You can also compare the 2014 IS to the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.

Lane Changing is your chance to experience the amazing performance and technology of the all-new 2014 Lexus IS and IS F SPORT. Angel Stadium is not only conveniently located, but it also provides an immense amount of asphalt on which our course designers can create an event that exploits the performance of the vehicles in a safe environment.

ADDITIONAL EVENT ACTIVITIES

The all-new 2014 IS and IS F SPORT embody an amazing level of technology and performance. We look forward to having you experience their capabilities.

Below are the activities that signal this is more than your typical Ride + Drive.

Virtual Performance:
Before the IS was a real-world production vehicle, it was virtually track-tested in concept, CAD and prototype form. Now you will be able to test a virtual 2014 IS (and your skills behind the wheel) using our IS simulator.

During your time in the seat, you can experience the curves and turns on one of the international tracks Lexus used for IS testing.

Real-World Competition:
After warming up in the simulator, you will strap into a real 2014 IS and test your skill in a timed autocross where we will replicate turns from the track featured in the IS simulator.

You and the LFA:
The $375,000 Lexus supercar will be on display for the entire event. However, an intense passenger-seat ride with one of our professional drivers could be your reward if you post the fastest lap times for your session on the simulator or in the actual IS on the autocross course.

Interactive Aerodynamics:
See how artful aerodynamics contribute to amazing performance. Watch digital projections highlighting the flow of air around the Lexus spindle grille, the stabilizer fins on the A-pillars and taillamps of the 2014 IS.

You will also see how the car's aerodynamics react to different wind speeds.

3-D Weaving:
A replication of the 360-degree loom used in the production of the LFA will show you the carbon fiber weaving technique Lexus created when we realized traditional materials weren't strong or light enough to create a supercar.
Old 06-27-13, 10:30 AM
Supermuku
Rookie

http://www.lexusspecialevents.com/NoAccess.aspx
Old 06-27-13, 11:41 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a invite only event. I'm on the waiting list. The 3IS is on my short list of potentional new vehicles. I doubt there will be any cancelations even though people won't show up.
Old 06-27-13, 06:03 PM
enrikito
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ what pocky said, by invite only.

I was lucky to attend the event in San Mateo, CA last weekend - great event!

The autocross tracks were pretty short tho, about 15-20 secs around each (3 tracks)

Also... if you get the fastest lap in the simulator, you get a lap on the LFA! - i don't think they mentioned this on the invite.
Old 06-28-13, 10:06 AM
Supermuku
Rookie

Thanks for the information
Old 06-28-13, 12:02 PM
Zlots
Driver School Candidate

I signed up for the event right after I got the email. I didn't get a confirmation, so I called and found out the event was already full. They called me backa few days later to say I was in, after I found the confirmation email in spam folder.

pocky, like you said, I don't think people will cancel, I think they just won't show up. You might want to just drive down there an see if they'll let you replace some no-shows.
Old 06-29-13, 12:12 PM
pocky
mooncake master

So who went in the 7:45 session?!
Old 06-29-13, 01:00 PM
Zlots
Driver School Candidate

I went at 7:45. They had some food and a short presentations. Then a small area to look at a couple F-sports parked indoors. didn't try the simulator (it wasn't running). Outside they had 3 tracks set up.

First track was about a half mile long, You could try 250's 350's and AWD (all non-Fsport) They also had Mercedes C-class, Audi A4, and a 335i to try out.

Track 2 was slightly shorter and had F-sport versions of IS, GS, LS and CT.

Track 3 was the timed F-sport 350 track. The gave you 2 laps, 2nd one counted. I held the record for awhile at 30.5sec until someone near the end got a 29.something. Nice driving dude.

It was a nice event, I'm glad I went early to beat the heat. It was good opportunity for my wife to get a look at different interiors/exterior color combos
Old 06-29-13, 01:03 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Yeah it was a great event, and early was just perfect to beat the heat.

I was the one that got the 29.6 second record. I wasn't expecting it either.
Old 06-29-13, 01:10 PM
Zlots
Driver School Candidate

Nice job....you had 2 good runs!
Old 06-29-13, 01:16 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Thanks! I appreciate it! Fun times! It's a sign, now I must get one.
Old 06-29-13, 05:31 PM
DGP1dotcom
Driver School Candidate

We were rooting for you to beat the pro. My best was 30.6 and overall I thought the event was well done. I was surprised though how much I liked the MB350. I'll still take the IS350 F any day but it has me thinking.

Thank you Lexus for an awesome car!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lane Changing Ride and Drive Event