IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Thinking of leasing a 2014 IS350 AWD F-sport

Old 08-21-13, 11:09 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email him: Email me when you can get me in that car for 400/mo without any down. (or you could go 450, I guess).

That's just a wild idea, I don't know what the current lease ballparks are
Old 08-23-13, 05:52 AM
c3po33
Driver School Candidate

Default MSD (Multiple Security Deposits

If you have the money put it down as a Security Deposit, MSD (Multiple Security Deposits) so you can get it back at the end of the lease it lowers your Money factor .0001 for each MSD. I did the maximum of 9 MDS.

I got a fully loaded IS 350 F-Sport Dark Grey w/ Red interior with Nav, Mark Levinson, blind side indicators, and VGRS for $483.85 a month with 12,000 miles.

I put down $5,382.88 but if I deduct the $4,500 I'm getting back after 36 months (my MSDs) and my first payment that's included in the figure I only put down $399.03

I'm sure it’s not the best deal around but I think I did OK. My $4,000 deposit, minus the disposition lease fee, is coming back to me from Infiniti for the G37 I just turned in.

I cannot believe the F-Sport has no memory seats though, that is crazy.

Last edited by c3po33; 08-25-13 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 05:29 PM
slick1984
Driver School Candidate

I just called my local dealer and they told me $729/month for 12k miles 36 month lease with zero down on a 2014 IS350 F Sport.

Crazy"!
Old 09-10-13, 05:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

You can't negotiate a lease like that...you need to negotiate the sales price first, then work on the lease terms. I promise you that you can lease one for less than $729 a month, but when you just call and ask for a payment like that they figure you're an easy mark.
Old 09-10-13, 05:55 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c3po33
If you have the money put it down as a Security Deposit, MSD (Multiple Security Deposits) so you can get it back at the end of the lease it lowers your Money factor .0001 for each MSD. I did the maximum of 9 MDS.

I got a fully loaded IS 350 F-Sport Dark Grey w/ Red interior with Nav, Mark Levinson, blind side indicators, and VGRS for $483.85 a month with 12,000 miles.

I put down $5,382.88 but if I deduct the $4,500 I'm getting back after 36 months (my MSDs) and my first payment that's included in the figure I only put down $399.03

I'm sure it’s not the best deal around but I think I did OK. My $4,000 deposit, minus the disposition lease fee, is coming back to me from Infiniti for the G37 I just turned in.

I cannot believe the F-Sport has no memory seats though, that is crazy.
That sounds like a great deal for 2014 IS350 F-Sport fully loaded!
Old 09-10-13, 06:52 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redraptor
Hello everyone,

I am a new user on this site and just registered. I've been looking at the new Lexus IS since i first seen photos of them.

So i went to the dealer yesterday and test drove a IS 250 AWD and found it to be a very nice car. So we went over the numbers for an IS350 AWD F-sport leasing and he worked out a number of $613/ month with an initial payment of $3500 to cover all the fees, taxes, etc.. I've never leased a car before and this would be the first. But i feel this is a lot for a 3 year/ 15k miles per year lease with an option to buy at approximately $30k by the time my lease is up.

What do you all think? Anyone else lease this vehicle rather than purchase? I would love to hear some input on these lease figures i got.

Also, i was looking for a red on red color combo....none could be found within 500 miles of my dealer and so this would have to be a special order with delivery by October
let me give you some great advice..
ive leased a LOT of cars over the past 18 years.
never put any money down on the lease. all it will do is lower the payment but the residual never changes, anything you put down you still pay if you carry the lease to the end, but if you trade in early you lost that money.
if you keep this in mind it will make sense, when you trade that leased car in early, the dealer wants to sell you a new car really bad! your better off making a no bones offer that the only way your getting another new car is if they agree to buy out your lease for no out of pocket money. it is a great negotiating tool! more often than not they will overlook excess miles wear and tear act..

since your doing your first lease, take a pad of paper and a pen with you to the dealer. negotiate the best deal off MSRP every1k you get off will lower your payment about 13-18 bucks per month in payments.

then take your offer and let the dealer know your going across town to see if you can get a better deal from a competition dealer. you would be surprised how fast the payment comes down just before you walk out of the dealer. work your magic on the second dealer and let them know you have an offer on the table and your there to see if they can do any better.
let them know when the lease is up whomever did the most to get your business also gets the service and the next lease purchase.

ive bought 3 Lexus vehicles in the past 6 years from the same dealer. they know me so well i don't negotiate with a sales person anymore. we march right into the sales managers office where we sit at the desk with the lease calculator in full view of me. we discuss prices usually 500-1,000 over invoice (they need to make a little money) and we talk about money factor, lease rates and how many months to lease to get the best residual based on the lease rates they have in their little black book.
the whole process takes me about an hour now..

leasing leaves you many options. a purchase leaves you to the mercy of the market and what someone is willing to pay for the car. you can also buy the lease out if you really like the car (i did this a few years ago on my 2009 toyota tacoma)
the Toyota was a perfect example...
i leased it new in 2009 and paid 31k i didn't drive it very much. when the lease was up it it still had low miles and the residual was 17K but its retail value was still 27K i would have been a fool to trade it in the dealer was licking their lips at the idea of making 10K in profit off my trade! so i bought it out and paid it off. i still have the truck now and have no plans to sell it.

so leasing gives you choices. you can get a new or keep your old car very easily and make good decisions based on the market and your needs or wants.
Old 09-10-13, 07:08 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
let me give you some great advice..
ive leased a LOT of cars over the past 18 years.
never put any money down on the lease. all it will do is lower the payment but the residual never changes, anything you put down you still pay if you carry the lease to the end, but if you trade in early you lost that money.
if you keep this in mind it will make sense, when you trade that leased car in early, the dealer wants to sell you a new car really bad! your better off making a no bones offer that the only way your getting another new car is if they agree to buy out your lease for no out of pocket money. it is a great negotiating tool! more often than not they will overlook excess miles wear and tear act..

since your doing your first lease, take a pad of paper and a pen with you to the dealer. negotiate the best deal off MSRP every1k you get off will lower your payment about 13-18 bucks per month in payments.

then take your offer and let the dealer know your going across town to see if you can get a better deal from a competition dealer. you would be surprised how fast the payment comes down just before you walk out of the dealer. work your magic on the second dealer and let them know you have an offer on the table and your there to see if they can do any better.
let them know when the lease is up whomever did the most to get your business also gets the service and the next lease purchase.

ive bought 3 Lexus vehicles in the past 6 years from the same dealer. they know me so well i don't negotiate with a sales person anymore. we march right into the sales managers office where we sit at the desk with the lease calculator in full view of me. we discuss prices usually 500-1,000 over invoice (they need to make a little money) and we talk about money factor, lease rates and how many months to lease to get the best residual based on the lease rates they have in their little black book.
the whole process takes me about an hour now..

leasing leaves you many options. a purchase leaves you to the mercy of the market and what someone is willing to pay for the car. you can also buy the lease out if you really like the car (i did this a few years ago on my 2009 toyota tacoma)
the Toyota was a perfect example...
i leased it new in 2009 and paid 31k i didn't drive it very much. when the lease was up it it still had low miles and the residual was 17K but its retail value was still 27K i would have been a fool to trade it in the dealer was licking their lips at the idea of making 10K in profit off my trade! so i bought it out and paid it off. i still have the truck now and have no plans to sell it.

so leasing gives you choices. you can get a new or keep your old car very easily and make good decisions based on the market and your needs or wants.
I never thought about leasing in that way but you make a good point. You can lease the car even though you want to buy it so it gives you options to get out if you don't like the car. So what would be the downside of leasing a car that you want to buy?

Would you mind sharing your lease deal on your IS350 F Sport?

Last edited by SonyHome; 09-10-13 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 07:17 PM
mattding
Driver School Candidate

If the lease has a significantly high residual value due to a high residual enhancement program, it could cost more than it's value. My wife drives a ridiculously low amount of miles, so we typically purchase her vehicles, then trade-in or sell outright and use the cars value as a down payment on the next purchase. She had ended up driving gradually more expensive vehicles while keeping payments about the same.

I lease my vehicles with 12-15k miles/year, and get a new vehicle every 2-3 years because I have automotive ADD and hate dealing with maintenance. Trouble for me leasing is that I don't feel comfortable adding a lot of modifications, so I use her vehicles as a playground.
Old 09-10-13, 07:29 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I never thought about leasing in that way but you make a good point. You can lease the car even though you want to buy it so it gives you options to get out if you don't like the car. So what would be the downside of leasing a car that you want to buy?

Would you mind sharing your lease deal on your IS350 F Sport?
sure, i don't remember all the details because i don't actually fill out the credit app and get the lease approval until the car arrives but we already did a preliminary calculation without running my credit because i already know i qualify for the tier 1 lease rate (you only need a 720 credit score to get it)

from memory the MSRP was 49,2XX and i believe i am getting it for 1k off only because it's new and in high demand. i want to say with no money down my payment for 36 months and 12k per year was 698 + tax so about 720 per month? i just know it was very low 700 range.

the only downside is that you never own the car. but i don't plan to mod because to me mods are just a waste of money unless you keep the car. case in point i recently installed the TRD supercharger on my Tacoma. put a rear sway bar on it and new wheels and tires. also had the interior done in alcantera suede (simulated but still looks cool) since the primary purpose of the Tacoma for me is when it snows and to haul my dirt-bike when i go riding, and i usually drive 350 miles each way. that's why my taco has low miles.

but why have ownership in a depreciating asset anyway? your better off buying real estate that appreciates in value.

EDIT i guess i can throw in my Gs350 example. the car msrp was at 61k fully optioned F-sport we got another 4 k off because there was a lease incentive and some cash rebate Lexus was offering so i took that. i put nothing down and they were able to get me out of my 2012 acura TL 26k miles i was in a 3 year lease but a year into it i really regretted giving up the 2008 GS 350 awd we had before it. so i put up with it for another year and they got me out of the lease with nothing down and no money owed to get out of the acura 1 year early.
i think my payment is 830 something per month (i forget because my quick books prints the check every month and i never pay any attention i just send the check) but that seems about right.
using my math though and the GS as an example i said 1k = about 13-18 per month in payments the cars prices are about 8k different x15 bucks per month = 120 a month more payment on the same lease deal as the IS i spoke of earlier. so that sounds about right on the money..

Last edited by Bass Mech; 09-10-13 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 07:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
sure, i don't remember all the details because i don't actually fill out the credit app and get the lease approval until the car arrives but we already did a preliminary calculation without running my credit because i already know i qualify for the tier 1 lease rate (you only need a 720 credit score to get it)

from memory the MSRP was 49,2XX and i believe i am getting it for 1k off only because it's new and in high demand. i want to say with no money down my payment for 36 months and 12k per year was 698 + tax so about 720 per month? i just know it was very low 700 range.

the only downside is that you never own the car. but i don't plan to mod because to me mods are just a waste of money unless you keep the car. case in point i recently installed the TRD supercharger on my Tacoma. put a rear sway bar on it and new wheels and tires. also had the interior done in alcantera suede (simulated but still looks cool) since the primary purpose of the Tacoma for me is when it snows and to haul my dirt-bike when i go riding, and i usually drive 350 miles each way. that's why my taco has low miles.

but why have ownership in a depreciating asset anyway? your better off buying real estate that appreciates in value.
I have more houses than cars. But they are not really appreciating all that much in this market!

Looking at your deal compared to the c3po33, he really got an awesome deal on his lease @ $484/month! Sounds like taking advantage of MSD for leases are good deal.
Old 09-10-13, 09:26 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome

I have more houses than cars. But they are not really appreciating all that much in this market!
Where do you live? The market is insane here in Bay Area, CA. It has literally went up 40-50 percent in the last 2 years. I thought the rest of the US was doing the same (well except Phoenix, Vegas, FL,etc).
Old 09-10-13, 09:53 PM
crzyis
Driver

You guys are getting ripped off by your dealers........

Just got....
2014 F-Sport with Mark
48533 Sticker
Paid 45,000
1k drive off
550 a month 36 month 12k a year.
Old 09-11-13, 07:31 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Also keep in mind each area is different. Some areas don't get as much business so they have to make better deals to make sales.
Old 09-11-13, 07:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Also keep in mind each area is different. Some areas don't get as much business so they have to make better deals to make sales.
Oddly enough dealers with less volume tend to have higher prices. You want a dealer in a high volume area with lots of competing dealers to get the best prices.
Old 09-11-13, 08:20 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My local dealer has sold all of their IS 250 and 350 F sports. They won't get a new allotment until December. All orders are now special orders. The first deal they came back to me was a joke I almost walked out.

12K per year
48 month
-8,000 trade in

724 a month (First number back.)

Laughed and told them not even in the ball park told them I want my payments in the 400's.

450 a month (Agreed on number depending on my credit.)

Problem is I don't want my credit pulled until the car is here. Car isn't being built until Sept 16. It could be here 30 days or 60 days after being built. Just don't want my credit pulled twice for the same car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of leasing a 2014 IS350 AWD F-sport