IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-13, 03:19 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport - Received 9-11-13 - Pictures!

Just returned from Bell Lexus where I placed my order for a new IS350 F Sport. See my other post for comments from the test drive.

I paid full MSRP and there wasn't any negotiation on anything. I did get them to throw in tint. details on charges are in the other post.

1. I tried to get Atomic Silver but the system wouldn't allow it. They are going to check on Monday to make sure. Otherwise I will take the regular silver color. Otherwise the choice is the Ultra White, Black, or Nebula gray.
2. I tried to get the Intuitive Parking Assist but the system wouldn't allow it for an F-Sport.
3. I tried to get the Rear Window Shade but the system wouldn't allow it for an F-Sport.
4. I did get Nav, Mark Levison, Blind Spot Monitoring, VGRS, and PCS.

And the bad news... This dealer places orders on the 20th of every month; however, Lexus is not accepting orders until July. So the order won't get placed until July 20. I am looking at October until it arrives.

Placed $3000 deposit.

Last edited by azmojo; 09-12-13 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-15-13, 09:08 PM
heisnuts
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your upcoming purchase!!! There's nothing like ordering a car exactly the way you want it and picking it up the day after it comes in from its trip across the Pacific Ocean.
Old 06-15-13, 09:38 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

did you get RWD OR AWD? i placed an order and was suppose to arrive end of july now i was told not until end of august, WTF. bad customer service, i know there in high demand but don't tell people one thing just to get a sale and then tell them another a week later
Old 06-15-13, 10:21 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlesz
did you get RWD OR AWD? i placed an order and was suppose to arrive end of july now i was told not until end of august, WTF. bad customer service, i know there in high demand but don't tell people one thing just to get a sale and then tell them another a week later
I wonder when did you place the order? Did you order RWD?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot your previous post. So if it is really the end of August for your IS to arrive, then it is 15 weeks from the day you placed the order? It will be really a long wait...

Last edited by AndyL; 06-15-13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-15-13, 10:45 PM
azmojo
Instructor

RWD.

How did you place an order? My dealer is saying they aren't accepting orders until July.
Old 06-15-13, 11:33 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
Just returned from Bell Lexus where I placed my order for a new IS350 F Sport. See my other post for comments from the test drive.

I paid full MSRP and there wasn't any negotiation on anything. I did get them to throw in tint. details on charges are in the other post.

1. I tried to get Atomic Silver but the system wouldn't allow it. They are going to check on Monday to make sure. Otherwise I will take the regular silver color. Otherwise the choice is the Ultra White, Black, or Nebula gray.
2. I tried to get the Intuitive Parking Assist but the system wouldn't allow it for an F-Sport.
3. I tried to get the Rear Window Shade but the system wouldn't allow it for an F-Sport.

And the bad news... This dealer places orders on the 20th of every month; however, Lexus is not accepting orders until July. So the order won't get placed until July 20. I am looking at October until it arrives.

Placed $3000 deposit.
I would check with your dealer again. I placed my order for a 350 RWD F-Sport in May and the order did have to be in by the 20th of the month. However, that is so the order would not be delayed until June 20th. As far as options, the rear window shade did go through. Lane Departure and Intuitive Parking did get kicked back as not available on F-Sport. I was told that the order went through the system and I could expect the car mid July to early August with the first allotment.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 06-16-13 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-16-13, 12:23 AM
TXDriver
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your order. I once waited more than 3 months for a BMW built to my specs. I was so excited when I got the call that it was in. My gf and I drove to the dealership and what did I find???? The dealer had let another customer sit in my car and they were in it when I arrived!!! Some rich girl and her rich mother violated my virgin BMW!!!! Oh well, at least I was the first to drive it. You will appreciate it more after the long wait.
Old 06-16-13, 12:46 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Placed $3000 deposit.
Sounds like a nice car and congrats. This would make me nervous though. Do you have the fear of taking delivery in October, while people at the dealer in the cubicles next to you are getting X-amount off sticker on similar cars?
Old 06-16-13, 06:14 AM
heisnuts
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Sounds like a nice car and congrats. This would make me nervous though. Do you have the fear of taking delivery in October, while people at the dealer in the cubicles next to you are getting X-amount off sticker on similar cars?
It might still be MSRP in October and the people you are talking about in October will not be getting the car exactly the way they want it, they will be picking from cars that are already in stock and that is not the same thing.

Last edited by heisnuts; 06-16-13 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-16-13, 06:19 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The key word here is "similar". Cars on the lots may go for more of a discount, but they may not be exactly what is wanted. I personally want my car the way I want it and will wait for it. Yes, the discount will not be as good, but I am not taking something that is almost what I want either.
Old 06-16-13, 08:46 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Indeed, I figure if I am spending $50k I want it how I want it, and the odds of a car showing up in an acceptable configuration are slim. I'm going for a 350 F Sport and I just don't think dealers in Phoenix are going to be getting too many... 1 or 2 a month? The majority of what they sell is the 250. I also don't feel in 3 months that they will be making significant deals on these. I could be wrong. Maybe by early 2014, but I don't see it in the next 6 months. They are going to deal on the 2013's to get rid of them first.

And a huge feature for me was PCS, which is only a $500 option. I feel that this option is vital for me and could/should possibly save me from an accident as my most likely crash will be rear-ending someone. And it just doesn't seem to me like many of the cars are going to come equipped with this.
Old 06-16-13, 12:46 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

You are correct about there not going to be many around. My dealer showed me the April production report when I ordered mine in May and there was not even one 350 RWD produced. Almost all are AWD. He also told me that with the Dynamic Radar Cruise, there would be no chance to get it without an order being placed. I would not accept the car without it either.
Congratulations on the order...
Old 06-16-13, 01:15 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

RWD.

How did you place an order? My dealer is saying they aren't accepting orders until July.
my order was for AWD IS350 EXECUTIVE PACKAGE. I'm in Ontario, Canada. Aparently they've been taking order's since May.
Old 06-16-13, 02:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

my order was for AWD IS350 EXECUTIVE PACKAGE. I'm in Ontario, Canada. Aparently they've been taking order's since May.
When I placed my order (purchased and signed) on June 3rd, my sales advisor mentioned they were taking orders since the Toronto autoshow back in February. But I think he meant pre-orders and the actual placement for build is in May as you stated.
Old 06-16-13, 09:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

did you get RWD OR AWD?
Originally Posted by AndyL
Did you order RWD?
understandable you guys in ontario would ask about awd, but o.p. is in arizona so not much need for it.

congrats to azmojo!!!

Quick Reply: Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport