IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Photos from my dealership visit today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-13, 10:33 PM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos from my dealership visit today...

Its here, its finally here!!!! While I was on my way to drop off my $500 deposit for my IS 250 black/black, I checked Facebook and Lexus of Steven's Creek just posted pictures of their first 2 IS's. One is a F-Sport and the other is the IS 250. The exterior is impressive, looks just like the photos, but I wasn't as impressed with the interior in person as I was via the photos online. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo2.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo3.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo4.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo5.jpg  

Old 06-14-13, 10:34 PM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Here's two more pictures.Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo6.jpg

Photos from my dealership visit today...-photo7.jpg
Old 06-14-13, 10:36 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Did Stevens Creek have the 350? I am trying to convince my father to buy one, and he lives there.
Old 06-14-13, 10:43 PM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by macmaster
Did Stevens Creek have the 350? I am trying to convince my father to buy one, and he lives there.
They only have the two pictured, the white F sport and the silver-ish 250. They're not for sale either and not ready for a test drive yet. Looks great in person.
Old 06-15-13, 09:03 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think Lexus nailed the rear except they could have done something more creative with the chrome exhausts. Even the shape of the circles bothers me, they arent oval enough. It would have been perfection with something like the GS or LS design
Old 06-15-13, 09:32 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

any pictures of the said "interior i.e. seats?
Old 06-15-13, 10:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

thanks for the pics and info!!!
Old 06-15-13, 12:16 PM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
any pictures of the said "interior i.e. seats?
no, sorry. no pictures of the seats. however, i wasn't impressed with the NuLuxe interior.
Old 06-15-13, 12:33 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

Awesome pics! That's my dealership! Lol
Old 06-15-13, 01:58 PM
MrFRJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice , first I'm seeing of the new generation
Old 06-15-13, 03:11 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Hey guys, I just finished my test drive of a new 2014 IS 350 F sport. Here are my thoughts, keep in mind I'm coming from a Prius.

First impressions:
- The exterior looks just like the pictures. I've seen so many pictures and videos it was nothing special. I will say that the car exterior looks smaller in person though, like a true sports car. Its compact, low to the ground, and just very solid looking.
- The interior was most impressive in-person.
- The front doors are HEAVY. Everything is very solid, once you close the door you feel snug in the cabin completely oblivious to the outside world.
- The F sport seats are simply amazing. Not only do they contour to your body and make you feel secure, the seats themselves are big and tall. The shoulder pads are THICK. In roja red, it literally looks like the iron man costume. There is no better chair in the world I've ever sat in.
- The LFA inspired gauges are cool, of course. When you turn on the car, they light up and the steering wheel comes down like something from the future.
- Mark Levinson sounds amazing (compared to my Prius JBL), and it feels like the music beats vibrate off the interior cabin, NuLuxe and black headliner to make a marvelous sound.

Drive:
- Southern California traffic didn't let me take this from 0-80 or even 0-60 so I can't say anything about the acceleration.
- The car feels heavy at slow speeds. Like it's dying to open up full throttle and go (because it is).
- A slight depression on the pedal results in a quick lurch. Something I'd have to get used to.
- Going 50-80mph is easy. I didn't even feel like I was pressing the pedal down at 80mph. I can tell this thing has a lot more guts in it.
- The ride is surprisingly soft and absorbs bumps well.

Complaints:
- The cup holders on the passenger side armrest doesn't let the passenger rest their arm. It could even interfere for a driver with a big arm. Not a big deal though. The salesman pointed it out.

My conclusion is that this is the best car on the planet.
Attached Thumbnails Photos from my dealership visit today...-img_0415.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-img_0416.jpg   Photos from my dealership visit today...-img_0414.jpg  

Last edited by macmaster; 06-15-13 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-15-13, 03:12 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

The buttons on the steering wheel look cheap and unrefined. Such a disappointment....
Old 06-15-13, 03:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

A few pics I took. Sales man went nuts with the car, it was pretty fast and sounded great.
When I drove it feels about the same as my '08 350. Steering wheel feels nice but as others have said buttons feel a little cheap.
One thing I did not like at all was the Nav screen and LFA style gauge seem to have lower resolutions. You can easily see pixels on the gauge and Nav screen looks like lower res than older one. Not sure but could be my eyes.
Overall car looks much better in person and interior is very luxurious.

Last edited by dojoman; 06-15-13 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-15-13, 08:38 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
My conclusion is that this is the best car on the planet.
Well, then you don't get out much. The IS is NOT the best car on the planet.
Old 06-16-13, 12:44 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@dojonam

I reacted too on the LFA gauge in my early review. The resolution is a bit low and it took away abit of the coolness it has. It's also a bit dark. I wonder if you can see anything if the sunlight hit it.

Quick Reply: Photos from my dealership visit today...