Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 09:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Question Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport

Hi all.

I didn't think I'd be in this dilemma, but I am. I'm ready to order the new IS 250 F-Sport, but torn on colors, between:

Ultra White (Red interior)
Matador Red Mica (Black interior)
Ultrasonic Blue Mica (Black interior)

I'm glad the blue is available in Canada but in a way that makes it tougher to choose. I like the blue but is it "too much in your face"?

I've always liked the Red, in fact owned a prior red IS and now a red CT, but I feel it may be time for a change...

Is white too contrasting against the black grill and darkened wheels? But I do like the red interior...

I'm in my late 30s, married with kids, and also have a Nebula Grey RX F-Sport if this helps...

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 06-03-13, 09:55 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the ultra white/red interior would look great but ultrasonic blue is also a beautiful color. Ahh a hard choice haha.
Old 06-03-13, 12:11 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

My choice would be ultrasonic blue. It's not too "in your face" - it's a perfect color that appropriately screams luxury and sport.

Second place goes to black. Everybody should own a black luxury car once in their lifetime.

I'm not a fan of matador. Red is usually the first color to fade (under sunlight).

I'm not a fan of white either. It's easy to mod with (white matches everything), but ultimately white reminds me of fleet cars.
Old 06-03-13, 12:11 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You live in canada, with snow and salt half the year.
The white paint will not be white, unless you wash the car every day
I live in norway where we have the same climate and wheather, because of that I did not choose the white color.

I like both the red and the blue.
If you like to be noticed because the car looks nice and stand out a bit, without looking to flashy or "in your face" choose the blue one

If you don't want everyone to notice and admire your car in traffic, choose the red one.

I've driven a flashy blue car car for a few years now. And i'm really tired of people stopping in the middle of roundabouts to stare at the car. I'm also sick of all the youths in ricers and old bangers trying to provoce and race me because the car is to flashy.

I've ordered a new silver IS.
The reason I choose silver is because it is easy to maintain. Dark and shiny colors show all scratches and stone chips, and this bothers me a lot.
Black is impossible to keep nice, since every little swirl in the paint shows.
If I were to choose between red, blue and white I would probably choose red when it comes to subtle good looks. White would be first choise if I didn't care that the car was dirty all the time.
Blue is a really nice stand out color, but I don't like all the attention the color attracts from other drivers and the police. This is a big disadvantage if you like to drive a bit faster than the speed limit.

In the end only you know what you really want to look like.
If you let us choose the color, the only advantage you will have is that you can blame us when you regret the choise
Old 06-03-13, 01:11 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered ultra white w/ rioja red because I personally feel that the shape and details of the car are brought out more with a lighter color and put the shock factor to the interior. That is what I like.
Color is very personal and it does matter what anyone else thinks about the colors. It comes down to which color combination you will enjoy the most.
Old 06-03-13, 01:59 PM
NilsGunnar
Rookie

Right now i prefer (in order of priority):

Outside
1. Sonic Titanium (Dark Rose interior)
2. Satin Silver (Dark Rose interior)
3. Starlight Black (Dark Rose interior)
4. Ultra Sonic Blue (Dark Rose interior)
5. Ultra White (Dark Rose interior)
6. Matador (Black Interior)
Old 06-03-13, 04:16 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I placed my order for 2014 IS250 AWD F-SPORT EXECUTIVE PACKAGE with Nebula Grey Pearl with Rioja Red interior.
Old 06-03-13, 05:21 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I would go with the blue and red interior.... but then again I'm in the US so no blue for me stupid Lexus with their poor choices for the US
Old 06-03-13, 06:24 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by magne
You live in canada, with snow and salt half the year.
The white paint will not be white, unless you wash the car every day
I live in norway where we have the same climate and wheather, because of that I did not choose the white color.

I like both the red and the blue.
If you like to be noticed because the car looks nice and stand out a bit, without looking to flashy or "in your face" choose the blue one

If you don't want everyone to notice and admire your car in traffic, choose the red one.

I've driven a flashy blue car car for a few years now. And i'm really tired of people stopping in the middle of roundabouts to stare at the car. I'm also sick of all the youths in ricers and old bangers trying to provoce and race me because the car is to flashy.

I've ordered a new silver IS.
The reason I choose silver is because it is easy to maintain. Dark and shiny colors show all scratches and stone chips, and this bothers me a lot.
Black is impossible to keep nice, since every little swirl in the paint shows.
If I were to choose between red, blue and white I would probably choose red when it comes to subtle good looks. White would be first choise if I didn't care that the car was dirty all the time.
Blue is a really nice stand out color, but I don't like all the attention the color attracts from other drivers and the police. This is a big disadvantage if you like to drive a bit faster than the speed limit.

In the end only you know what you really want to look like.
If you let us choose the color, the only advantage you will have is that you can blame us when you regret the choise
Which silver? Is Lexus big in Norway?
Old 06-03-13, 10:53 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the white w/ red interior is the most beautiful combo.

However, Lexus's matador red has got to be the best looking red color I have ever seen. I would definitely get matador over ultrasonic as I think both colors are flashy, but the red is definitely more beautiful.
Old 06-04-13, 12:14 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I agree with the others. The white with red interior is the winner. Red or blue exterior is loud and attention-getting, while white can be sporty and luxurious without looking like it went out of it's way to do so. In the end, you need to choose what you like, not what others say. No two people have the exact same opinion and taste.
Old 06-04-13, 12:25 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

My top 4 colours on different models would be the following.

1.Nebula Pearl grey red interior F -sport model (preferably 300h)
2.Pearl white Black interior F-sport model (350 is fine)
3.Sonic Titanium Orange like interior F-sport model (300h)
4.Silver grey Black interior standard 250 or 350 model
Old 06-04-13, 03:59 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I cancelled my order a while back. Was going for starlight black with red interior but im glad I didnt order.

Thinking of IS250/IS300H in red/red or blue/red or maybe even sonic titanium/red
Old 06-04-13, 04:22 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mordecai
Which silver? Is Lexus big in Norway?
Satin silver. I ordered the sonic titanium first, but after seeing all the pictures of this color, I changed my mind and changed the order to Satin silver.
I think the sonic titanium had a bit to much gold\champagne color in it, and it looked good on the luxury version, but not on the F-sport version.

Lexus is a very small car brand i Norway. You may se a CT and an RX now and then, but overall there are pretty few lexus' on the road.
In norway this is an expensive brand, and almost all models are only avalible as hybrids because of taxes and pricing. Audis, mercs and bmws are everywhere here. But if you spot a lexus it is most likely a first gen IS or a CT. You would be lucky if you spot one per day.
In 2012 lexus sold about 500 cars in total here in Norway.
With the new IS they count on selling about 1000 cars this year.
For comaprison, Norway has a population of about 5 million people.

Sorry for the OT.
Old 06-04-13, 08:39 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I agree with the others. The white with red interior is the winner. Red or blue exterior is loud and attention-getting, while white can be sporty and luxurious without looking like it went out of it's way to do so. In the end, you need to choose what you like, not what others say. No two people have the exact same opinion and taste.
Thats very true. I love the starfire pearl, shame its not available on F Sport or it would have been the winner but the car is for my wife, who loves the red and the blue!! The RX is a suit, bright colours dont suit it, the IS on the other hand is a casual holiday t shirt, much better in brighter colours! OFC that is my opinion anyway

Quick Reply: Color Choice Help on new 2014 F-Sport