IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus US - Build your "14 IS on the website

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 08:18 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As an update, the build your IS option selections are not totally correct as my dealer tried to add both Park Assist and Lane Departure to my order today but the Lexus order system kicked it back as being not available with F-Sport. Hopefully that changes before the modification window ends.
Old 05-24-13, 11:56 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Haha we get USB! Canada! Canada!
Wait? Is their a car out their that doesn't get USB audio anymore?

Also, does F-sport add 60/40 split seats? Is the base car fixed bench?
Old 05-24-13, 12:46 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrraider
Wait? Is their a car out their that doesn't get USB audio anymore?

Also, does F-sport add 60/40 split seats? Is the base car fixed bench?
USB = Ultrasonic Blue paint

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 05-24-13 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-24-13, 09:53 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
For those of you who think Ultrasonic Blue is not available in the US and is a deal killer, think again. All you need to do is talk to the dealer to place a special order from Japan. Dealerships will bend over backwards for you to sell the car. Nothing's impossible.
You must be new here. Neither the dealer, nor Lexus will "bend over backwards" to make a color change like that. If it's not on the order sheet, it's NOT going to happen. Lexus will not do custom (out of spec) orders. For example, Lexus is not a bespoke factory (like McLaren Special Operations, or even Audi Exclusive) where they will do anything you want for a price (ie. custom paint, custom materials and/or leathers, carbon fiber pieces (in any color), stitching, etc.). Maybe they might have for the LFA, but certainly not for an IS.
Old 05-24-13, 10:17 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

2IS color selection was better. We are back-pedaling on many fronts here with the 3IS. At least the Flaxen inerior will enhance most exterior colors. Rich and stylish choice.

Padded armrest should be standard. Predict they will become that way in a year or two. Media hates cheaper interiors as standard, nicer trim optional. Jetta is a good example. At least standard IS interior is gaining good comments so far.

So the base rims look decent. But they appear identical to the original 2IS base and AWD rims. Are they parts bin or actually different? Either way, the current 2IS base rims are sportier, with their BBS-esque style.

F-sport front styling has still not grown on me. Now officially throwing it in the ugly catagory.
Old 05-25-13, 06:49 AM
LSIII
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
As an update, the build your IS option selections are not totally correct as my dealer tried to add both Park Assist and Lane Departure to my order today but the Lexus order system kicked it back as being not available with F-Sport. Hopefully that changes before the modification window ends.
Did you order also include Navigation? Those two options specifically only show up on the website after you have selected Navigation or Nav/ML.
Old 05-25-13, 07:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
2IS color selection was better. We are back-pedaling on many fronts here with the 3IS. At least the Flaxen inerior will enhance most exterior colors. Rich and stylish choice.

Padded armrest should be standard. Predict they will become that way in a year or two. Media hates cheaper interiors as standard, nicer trim optional. Jetta is a good example. At least standard IS interior is gaining good comments so far.

So the base rims look decent. But they appear identical to the original 2IS base and AWD rims. Are they parts bin or actually different? Either way, the current 2IS base rims are sportier, with their BBS-esque style.

F-sport front styling has still not grown on me. Now officially throwing it in the ugly catagory.
what are you talking about? Ah, now I get it... armrest is padded at any time... you are talking about knee pads :-).

we have 2 new interior colors plus more equipment for base... Xenon's were not base before for instance.
Its a lot better equipment now than before... there is no comparison at all, much improved. Just the screen for instance, makes all the difference in the world... before you basically got Corolla interior with billion buttons unless you got really expensive nav... now you get screen in base...
Old 05-25-13, 08:01 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LSIII
Did you order also include Navigation? Those two options specifically only show up on the website after you have selected Navigation or Nav/ML.
My order does have the Navigation/Mark Levinson combination. It also has every other option avaiable for thevF-Sport. My dealer tried every way possible to enter those options but the system kicked them out as conflicting with the F-Sport package.
Old 05-25-13, 09:23 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by gd0t
It says page not found. The page you are looking for is not available. Doesn't work for me.
Old 05-25-13, 10:25 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

page works here, but page is not limited by zip code as usual, so not all areas of the country will be able to order same cars... i assume that filtering by area code will be added later on.
Old 05-25-13, 05:10 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 is

No Heads Up Display option on the 2014?
Old 05-25-13, 06:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
No Heads Up Display option on the 2014?
Sadly Nope. Competitors already have around view cameras and HUD.
Old 05-26-13, 01:44 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

How many of the competitors will actually sell with the HUD? Do the majority of 3 series, C-class and A4 buyers actually pay more for the HUD or are most of those sold stripper or barebones models?
Old 05-26-13, 09:30 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
How many of the competitors will actually sell with the HUD? Do the majority of 3 series, C-class and A4 buyers actually pay more for the HUD or are most of those sold stripper or barebones models?
Technology pkg in 3 series comes with HUD. At least Lexus should offer an option rather than not offered at all. Even for GS model only hybrid has HUD option. It makes no sense.
Old 05-26-13, 12:18 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

So basically the vast majority of 3 series will be sold without HUD and it will still be more expensive feature for feature compared to the IS.

Wrong about the GS. HUD is available for GS350 petrol version. You need only visit the 4GS forums to encounter GS350 owners with HUD.

Quick Reply: Lexus US - Build your "14 IS on the website