IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-13, 07:38 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would actually assume that the nuluxe fake leather would be the material that is most durable when it comes to wear.
Real leather scratches pretty easy.
Alcantara\suede becomes ugly very quick if it is exposed to heavy wear.
Don't know about the cloth option in the f-sport, but it felt very durable and solid.
Old 03-29-13, 08:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
I would actually assume that the nuluxe fake leather would be the material that is most durable when it comes to wear.
Real leather scratches pretty easy.
Alcantara\suede becomes ugly very quick if it is exposed to heavy wear.
Don't know about the cloth option in the f-sport, but it felt very durable and solid.
toyota/lexus in europe have new product to protect non-leather surfaces and paint:

its warrantied for 5yrs...
Old 03-29-13, 02:37 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Can't say that the commersial did convince me at all.

If this product does such huge wonders for the whole car, how come no one in the detailer community uses it? There are other products that "seals" both paint and textiles to a degree. But if you lose an ice cream on your seat, there will be a stain. And you'll probaly need a good washing of the seat to remove the stain.
Not just wipe it away like the commersial says.

Things that seem to good to be true...
Old 03-29-13, 04:55 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

i don't think there is any justification for not offering real leather, make it optional like bmw. standard is nuluxe, and premium package offers leather/cooled seats.

this car(f-sport) is made to compete against the 335i m kit right? so you need to offer comparable options.

or maybe they did that so it wouldn't compete against GS sales since the IS has grown this newest gen.
Old 03-29-13, 05:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by magne
Can't say that the commersial did convince me at all.

If this product does such huge wonders for the whole car, how come no one in the detailer community uses it? There are other products that "seals" both paint and textiles to a degree. But if you lose an ice cream on your seat, there will be a stain. And you'll probaly need a good washing of the seat to remove the stain.
Not just wipe it away like the commersial says.

Things that seem to good to be true...
Lexus gives you warranty that nobody else will, its pretty simple when it comes to that... apparently it is some kind of glass-like compound that bounds to the textile and paint, so nothing can really stick to it anymore.

Hey, I am not selling it, I dont care if you like it or not, it is something that I plant to use on my next car. They started offering it last year, and I will probably put it on my car since it is official Toyota product with 5yr warranty... My detailer gives me whatyouseeiswhatyouget warranty :-)
Old 03-29-13, 07:54 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I heard the commercial correctly, the 5 year warranty is on the "exterior" treated surfaces. Anyone know an approximate cost of this treatment?
Old 03-29-13, 07:59 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simoniz is the same thing, and provides a lifetime warranty on new Lexus cars.
Old 03-29-13, 08:41 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I have 67,000 posts on Clublexus. I've arguably done more for CL than anyone. I've hosted more meets than anyone. I've owned Lexus cars for 17 years, my family, friends etc etc. I've met hundreds of members, probably more than that at this point. I have bled Lexus through and through.

I can't even get an email back. Let me state that again, I CANNOT GET A RESPONSE IN EMAIL. I get some bloody automated response if I am lucky then ignored.

They are losing me, after 17 years, their biggest fan and its amazing to me I cannot get an email response, a call, a text, anything. I am not the average customer who leases a Lexus, doesn't care for cars and goes away.

If that is how they treat me, they clearly don't give a **** about most of us. Think about it. Which is why we are given bottom feeder choices compared to Europe or Japan.

You want customer service, check this out.

http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-lif...oyal-customer/

That is how you treat your enthusiasts and best customers. That is how you treat your ambassadors. He got an email from the CEO at the time!!! Audi blew me away with that.

Me, I can't get a response like I'm asking for a loaner LS 600h L for an oil change on Friday afternoon. But oh, let me go buy a 2014 IS.....
Not to hijack the thread, but that isn't typical of Audi either. I was on my second Audi and had a '10 S5 Cab that I wanted to trade for an '11 S5 Cab. The GM that I bought the '10 S5 from was always responsive and worked with me throughout the ordering/buying process. The GM who replaced him never responded to my e-mails even when I was already dead set on trading for a new one with the same dealership. I sent an e-mail to the dealership letting them know I just wanted to order a new ($67k) car. No response. I ended up going to another dealership. I think your friend was very fortunate.
Old 03-30-13, 03:02 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
Lexus gives you warranty that nobody else will, its pretty simple when it comes to that... apparently it is some kind of glass-like compound that bounds to the textile and paint, so nothing can really stick to it anymore.

Hey, I am not selling it, I dont care if you like it or not, it is something that I plant to use on my next car. They started offering it last year, and I will probably put it on my car since it is official Toyota product with 5yr warranty... My detailer gives me whatyouseeiswhatyouget warranty :-)
It is not that I don't like the product, I just don't believe in it
It seems to good to be true. And probably is.
To me this looks just like a good sealer or wax, but I doubt the result will last for more than a few months. If the paint behave like that for 5 years, it would be a miracle product for all us detailers out there, and quickly put us out of work
Many other companies offers so called treatments that is supposed to make the paint of the car indestructeble and make all dirt not stick.
In europe "Ditec" is the biggest thing. A german company that "teflon treats" the paintwork.
They say the paint won't scratch or be damaged.
One winter with a black car through the carwash about five times, combined with salt and all other nasty things, and even a treated car is so full of swirls it looks like you've washed it with grid paper.

A lot of other products thats seals both seats and paint are avalible.
My best experiences are with nano lotus for fabric, and with rain-x for glass and swissvax for paint.
But all of them only last for 2-3 months, and then you have to re treat the surface for a good result, or else the effect dissapears.

Do you or anyone else know exactly what the 5 year warranty toyota gives actually covers?
If it guarantees that the car won't scratch, I'm very surtain it won't be offered in countries with harsh winter climate, or countries with extreme temperatures and sun, since both these factores damages the paint a lot over time.
Old 03-30-13, 12:19 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
You are kidding with no Park Assist right.... Isn't that like a $500 option?
Originally Posted by rominl
same here, don't tell me there won't be park assist...
From what I can see, Park Assist is an option, however, conflicts with the FSport package.

sun shade in 2IS is useless... i got luxury version because of it, but back window is so small and angled, sun never gets into the headrests... as such, i never use it except to show cool option to my buddies when they ride with me.
Power Rear Sun Shade appears to be an available option, even when equipped with Fsport package.
Old 03-30-13, 06:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

looks distinctly like, vinyl.
Old 03-30-13, 06:22 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

toyota/lexus in europe have new product to protect non-leather surfaces and paint:
Toyota ProTect Product Range - YouTube

its warrantied for 5yrs...

Dealer perk...
Old 03-30-13, 08:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Dealer perk...
its not dealer, it is official Toyota product, warrantied by Toyota Europe, just like your car. Which makes all the difference in the world.
Old 03-30-13, 09:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

looks distinctly like, vinyl.
You can't get leather on the F-Sport. It's only NuLuxe 3 (synthetic leather with real bits mixed in). Thought we covered this already? hah

edit* reason for this was that it "breaths better" and is "lighter" than leather (was just in Vegas at a dealers meeting regarding the 3IS). I can't have my cake and I can't eat it. Sadly did you know you can get leather on the CT F-Sport

Lexus you better check yourself.. SMH

Last edited by Hoovey689; 03-30-13 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-31-13, 11:32 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
You can't get leather on the F-Sport. It's only NuLuxe 3 (synthetic leather with real bits mixed in). Thought we covered this already? hah

edit* reason for this was that it "breaths better" and is "lighter" than leather (was just in Vegas at a dealers meeting regarding the 3IS). I can't have my cake and I can't eat it. Sadly did you know you can get leather on the CT F-Sport

Lexus you better check yourself.. SMH
its due to performance!!!

:-)

btw, anything else new about IS that we didnt know?

Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns