IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Old 03-27-13, 04:07 PM
LexFather

USB should be here too. Even thought i would not personally get it, it simply is a color I think of when I think of the "F" and "F" sport marque. Its like Honda canceling Championship White or Ferrari getting red of Rossa.....
Old 03-27-13, 05:27 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Blueprint, the LF-LC was just confirmed for production. http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/03/2...or-production/
will that keep you in the Lexus family? Since you mentioned leaving because the IS was sub par in your opinion
Old 03-27-13, 06:33 PM
tankton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
USB should be here too. Even thought i would not personally get it, it simply is a color I think of when I think of the "F" and "F" sport marque. Its like Honda canceling Championship White or Ferrari getting red of Rossa.....
Honda did get rid of Championship White and CW II

All that is left is a lackluster Taffeta White and an acceptable White Orchid Pearl.
Old 03-27-13, 07:33 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I am kinda disappointed a bit with all the cuts from the US version... the fogs, the leather and the color selection on the F-Sport. Also, I would have liked them to allow the F-Sport to have more of the Luxury options, memory and ventilated seats (I already gave up the ventilated seats with my current F-Sport but I'd like to have them even if I don't use them as much). I just don't understand why not offer the option to have the F-Sport and the luxury stuff!?!? I want the F-sport but I want the options of the Luxury, so why not just add whatever amount on top of the F-sport price to have the luxury options and call it a day! It wouldn't increase the price much more than a couple grand. I think a lot of people would opt for this.
Old 03-27-13, 07:37 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I'm a big fan of Lexus, specifically their sedans, but it turns me off hearing about that kind of decision. Suddenly, 330hp Q50 premium at 41K and 355hp Q50 Hybrid at 46K sound more appealing to me.

Old 03-27-13, 08:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
I'm a big fan of Lexus, specifically their sedans, but it turns me off hearing about that kind of decision. Suddenly, 330hp Q50 premium at 41K and 355hp Q50 Hybrid at 46K sound more appealing to me.

well, you cant get Q50 F-Sport, can you? :-)
Old 03-27-13, 09:23 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Damn right
Old 03-27-13, 09:37 PM
harry4657
Driver School Candidate

I've long been waiting for the 3IS to come out and I was certain I will get 3IS to replace my 2 IS. However, the lack of 300h, fog delete, tiny nav screen, lack of memory seat, no ventilated steats and also the introduction of other attractive competitions like Infiniti Q50, Audi S3, Merc CLA AMG are all starting to making me having a second thought. I think I may actually go with S3 consider Lexus won't allow me to have the options I want.
Old 03-27-13, 09:56 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
Can't get 335i F sport and ATS F sport either.
Old 03-27-13, 09:59 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino

Exactly

Getting more for your money. Interior is much more driver focused and the driving experience will be sublime
Old 03-28-13, 07:44 AM
gdinero
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infinity has engaged Sebastian Vettel on the design of the Q50. If they put in a decent sport suspension option, that might be enough to compete with F Sport. Time will tell.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...infiniti-video
Old 03-28-13, 08:06 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gdinero
Infinity has engaged Sebastian Vettel on the design of the Q50. If they put in a decent sport suspension option, that might be enough to compete with F Sport. Time will tell.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...infiniti-video

Here is the order guide. There will be many different options available.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/207-2014-infiniti-q50-order-guide-leak.html

1) Q50 sport RWD

2) Q50 H sport AWD

3) Q50 H sport RWD

As is, this car will handle nice. When Infiniti releases the Q50 IPL, you will have a MORE sport tuned suspension. The Q50 Hybrid with 355HP, the amount of torque from a dig, will give the car an advantage to get up to speed before it unleashes the full 355 HP, I expect 0-60 times to be reduced and give a nice grin to the driver.

With the dual cockpit and double stitched interior ( I like this) and FIXED paddle shifters, which Infiniti has had since the 1st gen G37
Old 03-28-13, 08:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

So my concerns with the US Spec F SPORT:

No foglamps. That black plug to no where is not the business.

Ventilated Seats (we need this feature badly, especially in areas where it really gets hot). Hot sticky sweaty NuLuxe stuck to your skin on a hot summer's day is not fun.

No Park Assist, a very useful feature to have especially parking in the city or in tight spots. I know this a relatively cheaper option...not sure why it's been discounted.

Unclear if the rear sunshade will be available, I hope it does make it.

NuLuxe only. (I do like the new NuLuxe in the 2014 IS but I would have like to seen other options aside from the real leather everyone else is getting, but either the return of the microfiber material from the curent gen F SPORT or the return of Alcantara/Ecsaine).

IS300h. Most of the competitors have a hybrid variant in this segment, Lexus has been pushing hybrid and performance all over the world except for here in the USA.

Since these specs that were published are preliminary, I do hope changes are made by the time production starts sometime next month. Pricing too has not been finalized yet but Lexus USA's goal is to keep the price point similar to the outgoing model. Decontent. An evil industry word...but the product planner's friend.
Old 03-28-13, 09:30 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the european market the rear sunshade is only avalible as an option in the luxury version of the IS.
To get the rear sunshade, you have to order the luxury version with the extra sunroof.

I've seen the preproduction model of the F-sport version, and this had the sunshade. But aparantly the preproduction model feutured a lot of options to show most of the options avalible for all versions of the IS.

One thing the 300h is missing is rear exhaust pipes. The IS looks a lot better with exhuast pipes than without.
Old 03-28-13, 09:39 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

What will the NuLuxe seats look like? Every picture I have seen of the F Sport seats looks like leather?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns