IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Club Lexus In-Depth: 2014 Lexus IS & IS F SPORT - Photos, Video & Full Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-13, 09:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
IS300h F-Sport Ultra Sonic Blue Mica w/ ventilated seats all over my eastern european face, suckers!!!!

:-)))))))))
Seems I need to move to Europe to get the IS I would want ..... I really don't understand why their biggest market and their biggest audience and the market with their biggest base of enthusiasts is given the shaft with the IS 300h, options etc.

I bet its the people in focus groups and MBA's who's idea of fun is re-runs of Sex in the City
Old 03-25-13, 10:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

All this huge push to be more sporty and they get rid of the most sporty color (USB)? Insane in the membrane.
Old 03-25-13, 11:44 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They probably want to make a meaningful refresh by giving USB at the refresh, but good luck with the sale of F sport without USB.
Old 03-25-13, 11:55 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

SO GLAD they kept MRM!

VERY DISAPPOINTED they got rid of USB!

They could have kept it for the F-Sport
Old 03-26-13, 03:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Seems I need to move to Europe to get the IS I would want ..... I really don't understand why their biggest market and their biggest audience and the market with their biggest base of enthusiasts is given the shaft with the IS 300h, options etc.

I bet its the people in focus groups and MBA's who's idea of fun is re-runs of Sex in the City
i checked European colors yesterday and we seem to have two more - bronze and usb. plus we can spec both the same (f-sport to the full)... interesting considering how little sales we have.
Old 03-26-13, 07:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

flip - whats the difference in real life between trunks of 2IS and 3IS? From pics I saw, 3IS looks bigger and deeper, and European specs are that it is actually bigger. So whats the difference between that and EPA?
Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
2IS trunk capacity is 13 cubic feet. Some room had to get eaten up for the extra room in the backseat and folding seat feature and it got reduced to 10.8
It looks about the same but the specs certainly say it's smaller. The 2nd Gen IS' trunk seems to be a bit deeper. Since passenger volume increased, I have a feeling they had to sacrifice cargo space to make this happen.

IS300h F-Sport Ultra Sonic Blue Mica w/ ventilated seats all over my eastern european face, suckers!!!!

:-)))))))))
Good for you but you're gonna pay more for it.

Originally Posted by wednesday
What the hell Lexus? No USB, what the freaking hell!?! I am beginning to question their judgement, we are going to have 3 shades of silver and no USB? Hopefully they will reconsider this along with the stupid decision not to include fog lights on the f sport and put in that fake leather Not so sure I am even interested in this car anymore...

Sorry had to vent, looking like I may just buy mine out of it's lease.
Yeah you're not alone. My friend with a USB IS 350 F SPORT is going to do the exact same, keep his instead of getting the new one.
Old 03-26-13, 07:26 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

might be a typo, because the car got longer by 3" so it shouldnt have to eat into cargo space to get bigger backseats. Reviews were saying it felt bigger in the trunk
Old 03-26-13, 07:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Blueprint

Yeah I don't get it either. The product planning dept. has to decontent the vehicle to meet a certain price point. I don't think i'll ever agree with their decision making, but all we can do is vouch.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
All this huge push to be more sporty and they get rid of the most sporty color (USB)? Insane in the membrane.
Originally Posted by cino
They probably want to make a meaningful refresh by giving USB at the refresh, but good luck with the sale of F sport without USB.
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
SO GLAD they kept MRM!

VERY DISAPPOINTED they got rid of USB!

They could have kept it for the F-Sport
Yeah not sure why they would delete such a great color, but I have a feeling the cut it due to lack of demand. It's very rare to see Ultrasonic Blue on any car, even the IS F.
Old 03-26-13, 07:35 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yeah I don't get it either. The product planning dept. has to decontent the vehicle to meet a certain price point. I don't think i'll ever agree with their decision making, but all we can do is vouch.

Yeah not sure why they would delete such a great color, but I have a feeling the cut it due to lack of demand. It's very rare to see Ultrasonic Blue on any car, even the IS F.
Maybe if they produced more of them they wouldn't be so rare, they are really hard to find if you want one. I get sooooo many compliments on how beautiful my car is.... I think it is good to have some of the rarer colors, that is one thing that has kept me coming back to Lexus, you can feel like you have a somewhat unique car without breaking the bank.

I posted on the Lexus fb page but do you know any other avenues for making our voices heard about this and the fake leather AND the fog lights?
Old 03-26-13, 07:35 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell Lexus? No USB, what the freaking hell!?! I am beginning to question their judgement, we are going to have 3 shades of silver and no USB? Hopefully they will reconsider this along with the stupid decision not to include fog lights on the f sport and put in that fake leather Not so sure I am even interested in this car anymore...

Sorry had to vent, looking like I may just buy mine out of it's lease.
I'll have to wait to test drive, overall im not impressed enough to trade in the the same power for ummm the same power. Makes no sense, LEXUS. Atleast give us 1 extra hp. I def question the judgment.
Old 03-26-13, 07:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

It looks about the same but the specs certainly say it's smaller. The 2nd Gen IS' trunk seems to be a bit deeper. Since passenger volume increased, I have a feeling they had to sacrifice cargo space to make this happen.

i know what US specs say, but what I am saying is that European specs went up from 400l to 480l (450l for hybrid).... so 20% more... while US spec says 25% less.

And pics look same lenght but deeper, which supports 20% more :-).

I was thinking it might be under the trunk cover - usually in Europe, manufacturers add this to the tally in Europe, but it cant be that much space plus there is spare tire there too.

edit: here we go, Lexus Europe PR:

The new Lexus IS also showcases an all-new interior that combines all the refinement and quality expected of any Lexus, with a more sporting, focused driver's environment, a significant improvement in rear seat space for best-in-class roominess, and a larger, more convenient luggage compartment.
With 50 mm of its 70 mm longer wheelbase dedicated to increased rear seat space and 20 mm dedicated to increased luggage capacity, the new, 10 mm wider IS offers rear seat occupants significantly increased levels of comfort. The combination of extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates an 85 mm increase in knee room for the new, 60:40 split/folding seats. And a 20 mm increase in the gap between the B pillar and the front corner of the seat improves accessibility.
so its 20mm longer trunk :-).

Last edited by spwolf; 03-26-13 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-26-13, 08:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
I'll have to wait to test drive, overall im not impressed enough to trade in the the same power for ummm the same power. Makes no sense, LEXUS. Atleast give us 1 extra hp. I def question the judgment.
Yeah that has annoyed me from the beginning too, really hoping the 2015 model will bring some bigger changes and the return of things that it should have on the 2014. I have some time to hold out and that is just what I will do now.
Old 03-26-13, 08:37 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

i know what US specs say, but what I am saying is that European specs went up from 400l to 480l (450l for hybrid).... so 20% more... while US spec says 25% less.

And pics look same lenght but deeper, which supports 20% more :-).

I was thinking it might be under the trunk cover - usually in Europe, manufacturers add this to the tally in Europe, but it cant be that much space plus there is spare tire there too.

edit: here we go, Lexus Europe PR:

so its 20mm longer trunk :-).
All my info on this thread will reflect Lexus USA not EU.

As for the hybrid, it has no spare tire. I'll have to find out more on the actual dimensions of that trunk. Having had 2 versions of the 2nd Gen IS (350 F SPORT & IS F) and seeing the 3rd Gen IS in person, the trunk looks about the same to me.
Old 03-26-13, 08:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Maybe if they produced more of them they wouldn't be so rare, they are really hard to find if you want one. I get sooooo many compliments on how beautiful my car is.... I think it is good to have some of the rarer colors, that is one thing that has kept me coming back to Lexus, you can feel like you have a somewhat unique car without breaking the bank.

I posted on the Lexus fb page but do you know any other avenues for making our voices heard about this and the fake leather AND the fog lights?
Lexus Customer Care:
http://www.lexus.com/contact/
Old 03-26-13, 09:30 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Lexus Customer Care:
http://www.lexus.com/contact/
Thanks, I will be emailing them, hope that everyone else with concerns about the 2014 offerings will too.

Quick Reply: Club Lexus In-Depth: 2014 Lexus IS & IS F SPORT - Photos, Video & Full Review