This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on "Fog Lights" for the 2014 IS F-Sport - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums


View Poll Results: Should the 2014 IS F-Sport have Fog Lights in the USA?
YES, we want Fog Lights on the 2014 IS F-Sport. 319 85.75%
NO, we do not want Fog Lights on the 2014 IS F-Sport. 53 14.25%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on "Fog Lights" for the 2014 IS F-Sport

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-13, 12:22 AM   #31
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Agreed partially.... Fog Lights do help in Foggy weather conditions

Also, blank covers are not too appealing these days!!!


via Club Lexus FB

~ Joe Z
didn't i say 99% of the time? the remaining 1% is the functional time, meaning through fogs!
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:44 AM   #32
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
didn't i say 99% of the time? the remaining 1% is the functional time, meaning through fogs!
I kind of had a feeling you were going down that road.....



VOTE YES...!!!

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-17-13 at 08:49 AM.
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:07 AM   #33
CCJ22
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (26)
 
CCJ22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 66.176.135.6
Posts: 2,612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I voted no, however, where I live I do not need them. If I lived in a region where fog occurred just ONE day out of the year... I'd want them.
CCJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:38 AM   #34
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ22 View Post
I voted no, however, where I live I do not need them. If I lived in a region where fog occurred just ONE day out of the year... I'd want them.
Wonderful..!!!!

Now its 99-Yes verses 9-No...

Pretty consistent strong numbers soo far..... !!

~ Joe Z
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 11:20 AM   #35
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
I kind of had a feeling you were going down that road.....

VOTE YES...!!!

~ Joe Z
lol i voted yes regardless

but hey, i am sure that bridge is like less than a dot in the whole US map j/k

this is now one of the biggest poll out there on the 3is, awesome!!!!
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 03:15 PM   #36
Wunko
Lexus Test Driver
 
Wunko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Voting "yes". I like the extra set of lights plus I don't like blank covers on most cars either.
Wunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:05 PM   #37
gemini1
FNM President
iTrader: (5)
 
gemini1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal 626
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I voted for YES. With fogs!
gemini1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 12:19 AM   #38
TF109B
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Here's a picture from Toyota TS030 driver Nico Lapierre's twitter...

He drove the F-Sport IS with the fogs in white. A nice 'real world' look at what the car is with the fogs.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 10:12 AM   #39
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Awesome...!!!

Loving the "Real World" photo.....

~ Joe Z


Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
Here's a picture from Toyota TS030 driver Nico Lapierre's twitter...

He drove the F-Sport IS with the fogs in white. A nice 'real world' look at what the car is with the fogs.
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 07:11 PM   #40
QuentinB
Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 107
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've found factory fogs useless as far as function in my 2.5RS, GTI, 4Runner, MINI S, and Prius v. The only reason I'd want them is aesthetics.
QuentinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 07:34 PM   #41
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
IZZO2FIZZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

No….......
IZZO2FIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 08:11 PM   #42
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinB View Post
I've found factory fogs useless as far as function in my 2.5RS, GTI, 4Runner, MINI S, and Prius v. The only reason I'd want them is aesthetics.
yeah, and i dont care for them in GS F-Sport... but for IS F-Sport i think they work since they give some sense of normality to the front fascia :-)
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 11:05 PM   #43
Slash300zx
Lead Lap
 
Slash300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fl
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone noticed that on the USA Lexus website, the main pic for the 2014 IS F-Sport page has fog lights.... maybe there is hope?

http://www.lexus.com/IS-2014/fsport.html
Slash300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 11:33 PM   #44
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash300zx View Post
Anyone noticed that on the USA Lexus website, the main pic for the 2014 IS F-Sport page has fog lights.... maybe there is hope?

http://www.lexus.com/IS-2014/fsport.html
No hope at the moment... Since its RHD..!! (now "fixed" to LHD with out Fogs)



~ Joe Z


Below is the "Original" RHD Photo w/ LED Fogs... corrected by Lexus USA today 1/22/13
Attached Thumbnails
This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on "Fog Lights" for the 2014 IS F-Sport-is-f-sport-fcv-hero.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-22-13 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Orignal photo was corrected from RHD w/Fogs
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 06:55 AM   #45
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position
 
TooFly4Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida, Paris
Posts: 288
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We need Fogs! I see Lexus only placing the fogs on the F-Sport model, or maybe just leaving them for the ISF. Regardless, Fog lights just look cooler in the rear view mirror than no fog lights. C'mon LEXUS! Listen to the People!
TooFly4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Worlds 1st: USDM 2013 GS350 F-Sport w/JDM Fog Lamps Installed, Video Inside! Joe Z GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 155 11-02-16 01:25 PM
GruppeM Carbon Duct Installed Nigel-JDMParts IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 16 12-09-13 07:00 AM
2014 IS 250 F SPORT at HB Concours D' Elegance flipside909 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 40 06-18-13 10:34 AM
looking for a new car Torsten GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) 10 01-25-13 09:55 AM
Lexus GS F Sport - Nebula/Cabernet in San Francisco flipside909 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 12 02-29-12 09:58 PM


Tags
2014, 250, 350, black, fog, gs, gs350, is250, is350, isf, lamps, lexus, lights, sport, usa

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved