IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 07:13 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
Grrrrrr. It looks like you are right and there are no memory seat buttons. That is something else I really want in my next IS, it is a PITA to have to keep readjusting the seat and mirrors after my husband drives my car. So far no memory seats, no ventilated seats, no fogs and if you get the IS250 no LFA gauges. I am one who doesn't like the base IS as much as the F sport and it is frustrating to watch Europe get most or all of this and we get nada!
Don't lose hope yet. Even if US didn't have the memory seat option in the F-Sport, it does not mean Canada does not have them.

If you recall, Canada's F-Sport for the 2 IS, it did have memory seats didn't, plus the other options, such as front windshield deicer, LED clearance lamps, auto-reverse tilt mirrors and rain sensor which the US did not have.
Old 02-08-13, 07:36 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sango
Don't lose hope yet. Even if US didn't have the memory seat option in the F-Sport, it does not mean Canada does not have them.

If you recall, Canada's F-Sport for the 2 IS, it did have memory seats didn't, plus the other options, such as front windshield deicer, LED clearance lamps, auto-reverse tilt mirrors and rain sensor which the US did not have.
I am hoping they make some option changes before production. I live about as far from Canada as you can get in the mainland USA. If this is a currency valuation issue as some have suggested, I am not sure why Canada and the US would have such differing options, aren't our respective dollars pretty close in value? I can see where they would get a windshield deicer (certainly won't be needing that we haven't been below freezing all winter.)

I will just wait and see, getting anxious for the fine details...
Old 02-08-13, 08:41 PM
Sango
Pole Position

I am hoping they make some option changes before production. I live about as far from Canada as you can get in the mainland USA. If this is a currency valuation issue as some have suggested, I am not sure why Canada and the US would have such differing options, aren't our respective dollars pretty close in value? I can see where they would get a windshield deicer (certainly won't be needing that we haven't been below freezing all winter.)

I will just wait and see, getting anxious for the fine details...
The currency these days is almost on part with Canada being slightly than US and vice versa. It's also up to the head person of the respective country to decide what they want their cars to have as well in the country. Also Canada has luxury tax in some or all provinces, I forgot.

The front windshield deicers makes it better not just because of the snow, but also for the fog. So yes, it should definately have them.

Like in the current GS now including their F-Sport, it does have the front windshield deicer as well, just like the Canada one.

Last edited by Sango; 02-08-13 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-09-13, 08:21 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

The currency these days is almost on part with Canada being slightly than US and vice versa. It's also up to the head person of the respective country to decide what they want their cars to have as well in the country. Also Canada has luxury tax in some or all provinces, I forgot.

The front windshield deicers makes it better not just because of the snow, but also for the fog. So yes, it should definately have them.

Like in the current GS now including their F-Sport, it does have the front windshield deicer as well, just like the Canada one.
Well all I can say is that I hope whoever is making decisions for the USA is reading this forum.
Old 02-09-13, 09:55 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Well all I can say is that I hope whoever is making decisions for the USA is reading this forum.
I don't think that person is (most likely, Jim Lentz!!!!). The same person who is not bringing in IS300h!
Old 02-09-13, 10:29 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I don't think that person is (most likely, Jim Lentz!!!!). The same person who is not bringing in IS300h!
Probably not and it's a shame.
Old 02-09-13, 10:42 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Based on the previous model didn't the F-sport lose many of the features found on the Luxury pkg. I would think this would not change for 2014.
Old 02-09-13, 11:39 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Based on the previous model didn't the F-sport lose many of the features found on the Luxury pkg. I would think this would not change for 2014.
From my 2009 premium package to the F sport all I lost were the ventilated seats, I have never been able to have the memory seats . I want for us to get the same options as the Euro market cars that appear to come with more amenities on the F sport models.
Old 02-10-13, 10:18 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did not see bigger interior pictures in the start of the thread.
I found the following online and hopefully can be used to update the first post.

Courtesy: http://www.unfinishedman.com/3rd-gen...#axzz2KWNfHPKU
Old 02-10-13, 10:21 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and here are some exterior pictures from the same source

Old 02-10-13, 11:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

All those pictures are all over the forum...
Old 02-10-13, 03:14 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
All those pictures are all over the forum...
Right...waiting for new pics and reviews of non production car.

Hey, when is clublexus going to get the car to review? I remember they got the 2IS to review early didn't they?
Old 02-21-13, 01:31 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's an IS350 AWD Non F-Sport
Old 02-21-13, 09:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

that color and overall look is awesome
Old 02-22-13, 03:39 PM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That new white//cab is250 fs is quite nice, love the new rims, are they 18 or 19?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)