IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 06:26 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is called a predator grill
Old 02-08-13, 01:48 AM
AOB87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I don't know if anyone has discussed this or not but it is very important to me.
Does the F sport model come with Seats Memory option?
From the posted pictures, It looks like the non F sport model will have this feature as you can see the buttons next to the door handle and I haven't seen these buttons in the F sport model.

Thank you.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-19-13 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Image host issue
Old 02-08-13, 01:56 AM
BornDriver
Driver

How big is the NAVI screen? It seems not that big as GS, 7 or 8 inch?
Old 02-08-13, 02:07 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AOB87
Hello,
I don't know if anyone has discussed this or not but it is very important to me.
From the posted pictures, It looks like the non F sport model will have this feature as you can see the buttons next to the door handle and I haven't seen these buttons in the F sport model.

Thank you.
The European IS300h F-Sport does. It has the cooled seats too.

I have a feeling the US-spec'd F-Sport will once again get the short end of the stick.
Old 02-08-13, 02:16 AM
AOB87
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ydooby
The European IS300h F-Sport does. It has the cooled seats too.
http://youtu.be/Nl_AazE6m50?t=1m8s

I have a feeling the US-spec'd F-Sport will once again get the short end of the stick.
You are absolutely right. In addition, the European model also has foglights.

I'm worried now and I guess we have to wait and see
Old 02-08-13, 06:49 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hello,

Thank you.
Grrrrrr. It looks like you are right and there are no memory seat buttons. That is something else I really want in my next IS, it is a PITA to have to keep readjusting the seat and mirrors after my husband drives my car. So far no memory seats, no ventilated seats, no fogs and if you get the IS250 no LFA gauges. I am one who doesn't like the base IS as much as the F sport and it is frustrating to watch Europe get most or all of this and we get nada!
Old 02-08-13, 07:00 AM
LSIII
Rookie

You are absolutely right. In addition, the European model also has foglights.

I'm worried now and I guess we have to wait and see
Honestly none of us can say what features will be available with what model until we see the official option sheets from Lexus. We have no clue if the pictures they are showing represent a fully optioned F-Sport or a F-Sport with no options. These are pre-production models, option packages and content could change at anytime before and during regular production.

I would like a F-Sport with ventilated and memory seats, but if it's not an option then I will go with a non F-Sport with those options and 18" wheels. An IS-F is the only thing that could sway me from ventilated seats, but regardless I don't have IS-F money

Last edited by LSIII; 02-08-13 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-08-13, 07:33 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wednesday
Grrrrrr. It looks like you are right and there are no memory seat buttons. That is something else I really want in my next IS, it is a PITA to have to keep readjusting the seat and mirrors after my husband drives my car. So far no memory seats, no ventilated seats, no fogs and if you get the IS250 no LFA gauges. I am one who doesn't like the base IS as much as the F sport and it is frustrating to watch Europe get most or all of this and we get nada!
I may be wrong but I thought the LFS style guages comes with ALL F Sport models regardless of it being a 250 or 350 ?? It really adds incentive to get that F Sport package and worth the extra cost especially due to the guages !
Old 02-08-13, 07:38 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Yeah don't let pictures freak you out, I'm sure you will be able to get memory seats on the F Sport.
Old 02-08-13, 07:51 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

just wait for the official spec and option sheets or else youre just going to be gettin upset for no reason
Old 02-08-13, 04:50 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ihazabonar
Don't get me wrong, I like the car and may consider a lease in the future, but does anyone else get the feeling of the movie "Predator" looking at this front end?

The grill is nice... just look at the LF-LC what worries me is the same exact engine

Old 02-08-13, 05:42 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
I may be wrong but I thought the LFS style guages comes with ALL F Sport models regardless of it being a 250 or 350 ?? It really adds incentive to get that F Sport package and worth the extra cost especially due to the guages !
Read through this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ge-or-not.html
Old 02-08-13, 05:49 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wednesday
Ahhhhh .................... my bad I had thought just the 8 speed AT was for the F Sport 350 but it looks as if it's the same for the LFS gauges !?!?

Guess we'll just need to save a few more years for the F Sport 350 !!!!! By then hopefully Lexus decides to add the fogs to the F Sport haaaa !!!
Old 02-08-13, 05:53 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Ahhhhh .................... my bad I had thought just the 8 speed AT was for the F Sport 350 but it looks as if it's the same for the LFS gauges !?!?

Guess we'll just need to save a few more years for the F Sport 350 !!!!! By then hopefully Lexus decides to add the fogs to the F Sport haaaa !!!
I really want the 350 this time but I have been out of college 7 months and still can't find a job, unless I do I will be back in a 250 (yeah I know poor me) when my lease is up.
Old 02-08-13, 07:04 PM
knox_sport
Driver

Default wish-list for a manual tranny model

I know they've said no manual tranny option... at least not yet. But, why not dream...

By mid-cycle refresh, add a manual transmission option. Maybe by then the 2.5L engine will be dropped in favor of the turbo 4 from the rumored NX compact sport utility (please, a bit more horsepower and torque than the current IS250). Simplify things and make it enthusiast only, so send it over in F-Sport only trim and make sure it has the LFA-style gauges along with the active suspension and Sport+ option also from the 350 F-sport.

I know more people want a manual 350, but I doubt Lexus will do another low-volume manual for an engine with the horsepower and torque from the 3.5L engine. At least if a manual model could share the drivetrain with another Toyota or Lexus, there's a chance. Maybe even borrow the manual from the BRZ/FR-S/86 if the engine is indeed a turbo-4.

Quick Reply: 2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)