IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 01:02 PM
MeyerL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2015 IS250 AWD Nebula Grey.

So far in love with the ride, very smooth.

Just picked up

Tints all around, tail lights tinted.

Before Plasti DIP

After Plasti Dip

Better Image
Old 09-17-14, 01:41 PM
karras13
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 IS 250 F-Sport

Just took delivery on my new 2015 Lexus IS 250 F-Sport this past Saturday.

2015 Lexus IS 250 F-Sport
Matador Red Mica / Black Leather
18" Staggered Spoke wheels
Premium package w/ blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic monitor
Navigation package w/ backup camera
Heated/ventilated seats, etc...

The gas mileage sucks compares to the 2012 Acura TSX I traded in, but the entire ride is entirely different. This will be my daily vehicle for at least the next 3 years.

Old 09-19-14, 01:52 PM
Tolip
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,
I bought a nebula grey on black 2015 IS350 F-sport a couple of weeks ago and wanted to say hi. So, Hi!
Old 09-22-14, 11:55 AM
SolsticeM
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up mine

IS350 F-Sport, Nebula Gray w/ Rioja Red Interior

Loving it so far!

Will probably tint, considering plastidipping the wheels... but the stock ones are growing on me
Old 09-22-14, 03:51 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

my father always asks me to help him do minor mods to his cars, this time with his new 3IS 350, non fsport however. learning a lot about these cars, so i am continually impressed with the newer lexus cars! it helps that he and my mother had a 2IS, 3GS, and even RX and CT in past ownership.

awaiting installation:
- volk racing SF winning wheels in gunmetal (awaiting lug nuts)
- 2015 spoiler
- rear windshield spoiler (might leave black)
- euro plates

future plans:
- lowering
- front lip
- black roof

quick shot of him visiting, so i was pushed out of my garage haha!
Old 09-23-14, 08:56 AM
FPerform
Driver

Hi guys, picked up a 2014 version a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. Was down to it and the new Acura TLX, but liked the IS a tad more.

Need to get tint done...
Old 09-28-14, 04:48 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Hi all! Loe here, first Lexus vehicle I just signed the paperwork last night on a '14 is350 F-sport (compared lease rates between the two, the '14 was a better deal for me). Ultra White / Rioja Red, with the first level package that contains navigation, BSM, illuminated footplate, and some package 2Z (?). I came from a 2009 BMW M3 sedan, nice quick car (Evolve stage 2 + supporting mods, ran 11.9x@116.xxmph) that I bought used 3 years ago and the value dropped disproportionately in comparison to my payments after it surpassed the 60K mark, and I was looking to unload with an "inexpensive" lease (1st leased car). I've come from a BMW background (e46 330Ci, E46 M3, E92 335i, and E90 m3), and I am amazed by the German-like road manners of the is350, so it's a suitable replacement.

Unfortunately, there was heavy downfall after I signed the paperwork, so I have not had the opportunity to take my own pics.

Old 09-28-14, 09:42 PM
Jacabc20
Driver School Candidate

Test drove the 350. Both the wife and I didn't see a whole lot of difference between it and the 250.

I had a 625 hp beast of a roush mustang that had given me nothing but troubles for the past 6 months. Warranty voided, dealership being rude, lies, and a terrible experience ,made me go shopping for a sporty sedan. I took a major loss but I'm happy. I was going to go with the 350 but the negative equity was killer ( we knew this would happen but it still sucks). I wanted the extra liter but doing so would have increased the payment significantly and after test driving both the 250 and 350 the wife and I talked about our goals for what we wanted to accomplish (getting out of the mustang, lowering the payment if possible (dern negative equity: don't trade in a less than year old car), and getting something I'll be happy with. She said don't get something that you will regret in a few months. I noticed the hp difference on the hills and upper rpms and I did like the avs but it wasn't worth the extra payment ( roush doesn't pull up nada etc but I got way more from lexus than the roush dealership offered and I saved a bunch on taxes too) due to the negative equity. I had 570 rwhp so hp etc wasn't the top concern. Reliability, looks, handling, and being happy we're the main points. For me, the reliability of a tried and true, albeit "weak", engine and a straight sexy looking car that has great reviews being my first step into a luxury brand, made not getting the avs and extra liter fine with me. I still have a lexus, super nice styling , and enough power for my DD needs. I now have a sense of calm in having a car I can rely upon for the next 7-10 years. It's been a week and I still smile when I go into the garage. Only pic I have at the moment is after the tint job.
2015 is250 fsport atomic silver/ Rioja red interior with navigation. The cooled seats are sweet too.
That was a long introduction.

Went with the 250 in atomic silver

Major issues and took a huge hit short term but hopefully fruitful gains long term. 625hp 525tq
Old 09-28-14, 10:19 PM
aitsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Loe
Hi all! Loe here, first Lexus vehicle I just signed the paperwork last night on a '14 is350 F-sport (compared lease rates between the two, the '14 was a better deal for me). Ultra White / Rioja Red, with the first level package that contains navigation, BSM, illuminated footplate, and some package 2Z (?). I came from a 2009 BMW M3 sedan, nice quick car (Evolve stage 2 + supporting mods, ran 11.9x@116.xxmph) that I bought used 3 years ago and the value dropped disproportionately in comparison to my payments after it surpassed the 60K mark, and I was looking to unload with an "inexpensive" lease (1st leased car). I've come from a BMW background (e46 330Ci, E46 M3, E92 335i, and E90 m3), and I am amazed by the German-like road manners of the is350, so it's a suitable replacement.

Unfortunately, there was heavy downfall after I signed the paperwork, so I have not had the opportunity to take my own pics.

Nice M3.
I traded in a LeMans Blue E92 ZCP M3... and before that I had a LeMans Blue E92 335i.

I miss the M3, but I don't miss paying for it.

Crappy cell phone pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-20140913_205521_android.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-20130509_100144_android.jpg  
Old 09-29-14, 04:11 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Aitsu, great to see another E9x M3 owner on here! Your ZCP is sweet, seems like we took the same steps 335i -> M3 -> IS. I miss my M3 as well, but I do not miss the high payments like you. I think there is another M3 owner on here as well when I reviewed previous pages; that seems to speak highly of the 3G IS platform.
Old 09-29-14, 06:18 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacabc20

Test drove the 350. Both the wife and I didn't see a whole lot of difference between it and the 250.

I had a 625 hp beast of a roush mustang that had given me nothing but troubles for the past 6 months. Warranty voided, dealership being rude, lies, and a terrible experience ,made me go shopping for a sporty sedan. I took a major loss but I'm happy. I was going to go with the 350 but the negative equity was killer ( we knew this would happen but it still sucks). I wanted the extra liter but doing so would have increased the payment significantly and after test driving both the 250 and 350 the wife and I talked about our goals for what we wanted to accomplish (getting out of the mustang, lowering the payment if possible (dern negative equity: don't trade in a less than year old car), and getting something I'll be happy with. She said don't get something that you will regret in a few months. I noticed the hp difference on the hills and upper rpms and I did like the avs but it wasn't worth the extra payment ( roush doesn't pull up nada etc but I got way more from lexus than the roush dealership offered and I saved a bunch on taxes too) due to the negative equity. I had 570 rwhp so hp etc wasn't the top concern. Reliability, looks, handling, and being happy we're the main points. For me, the reliability of a tried and true, albeit "weak", engine and a straight sexy looking car that has great reviews being my first step into a luxury brand, made not getting the avs and extra liter fine with me. I still have a lexus, super nice styling , and enough power for my DD needs. I now have a sense of calm in having a car I can rely upon for the next 7-10 years. It's been a week and I still smile when I go into the garage. Only pic I have at the moment is after the tint job.
2015 is250 fsport atomic silver/ Rioja red interior with navigation. The cooled seats are sweet too.
That was a long introduction.

Went with the 250 in atomic silver

Major issues and took a huge hit short term but hopefully fruitful gains long term. 625hp 525tq
Congrats! I have the same exact car you bought and I love it! I also wanted a 350 but honestly at this point we could not justify the difference in the payment. I can count on 2 fingers (over the last 7 years of owning IS250'S) the times when having a 350 would have benefitted me, the 250 is more than adequate for a daily driver. The Atomic silver over rioja is stunning, every time I go to my car it looks a different color.
Old 09-29-14, 06:37 AM
Jacabc20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wednesday
Congrats! I have the same exact car you bought and I love it! I also wanted a 350 but honestly at this point we could not justify the difference in the payment. I can count on 2 fingers (over the last 7 years of owning IS250'S) the times when having a 350 would have benefitted me, the 250 is more than adequate for a daily driver. The Atomic silver over rioja is stunning, every time I go to my car it looks a different color.
Thanks. We definately have the best color. . I love the way the color changes depending on the lighting. Looks like I'll have nothing but good things to say about them. The whole buying experience was great.
Old 09-29-14, 07:19 PM
jnkz
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just picked up my 2015 IS350 AWD F Sport w/Nav PW/RR today. For the last 8 years I've owned nothing but Nissan Z cars (350/370), but living in Nebraska I needed the ability to drive in snow, which the Z just can not do. So here I am. The Z forums and local clubs are very active, Z guys/gals love their cars. It will be interesting to see how the Lexus crowd compares.

Cheers.
Old 09-29-14, 07:23 PM
Loe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jnkz
Hey guys, just picked up my 2015 IS350 AWD F Sport w/Nav PW/RR today. For the last 8 years I've owned nothing but Nissan Z cars (350/370), but living in Nebraska I needed the ability to drive in snow, which the Z just can not do. So here I am. The Z forums and local clubs are very active, Z guys/gals love their cars. It will be interesting to see how the Lexus crowd compares.

Cheers.
Glad you got that deal worked out with your dealer
Old 09-30-14, 05:19 PM
aitsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Loe
Aitsu, great to see another E9x M3 owner on here! Your ZCP is sweet, seems like we took the same steps 335i -> M3 -> IS. I miss my M3 as well, but I do not miss the high payments like you. I think there is another M3 owner on here as well when I reviewed previous pages; that seems to speak highly of the 3G IS platform.
I just wish the competition package got me more when I traded it in. That car is fully loaded and low mileage (27k miles on a 2011) but I still barely got more than it was worth when I sold it. Obviously I would've gotten more if I had sold it privately, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Depending on how good the RC-F is, and the end of my lease in 27 months, I will possibly own another M car, but more than likely it'd be the M2.

I think I was the person a few pages back that posted about trading in an M car. When I saw your post, I figured I should post pics.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!