IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

You heard it here first.....(again)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 01:01 PM
WarTiger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was really bummed they would not offer a manual for the IS (did not expect them to nor am i angry) or ISF (absolutely expected them to at least offer it as an option) so sadly I have moved on... just bought a 2012 Audi S4 & my father picked up a Cayman S both w/ manual transmissions. Pure bliss. We willl definitely miss the lexus reliability but we still have our 2010 Lexus LS.

Lexus is such a great company, truly one of the best. One thing though, if you are going to talk such a big game about how the designers at lexus have free reign to make this new IS a truer sports car because of the ES & GS .... uh ... than *%%(^(^ do it! Is there even any more power from the engine? Is it essentially the same engine that is in the 2nd gen 350? w/e at least you will get a super reliable luxury car.

Last edited by WarTiger; 01-08-13 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-07-13, 04:27 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WarTiger
Was really bummed they would not offer a manual for the IS (did not expect them to nor am i angry) or ISF (absolutely expected them to at least offer it as an option) so sadly I have moved on... just bought a 2012 Audi S4 & my father picked up a Cayman S both w/ manual transmissions. Pure bliss. Will definitely miss the lexus reliability but we still have our 2010 Lexus LS.

Lexus is such a great company, truly one of the best. One thing though, if you are going to talk such a big game about how the designers at lexus have free reign to make this new IS a truer sports car because of the ES & GS .... uh ... than *%%(^(^ do it! Is there even any more power from the engine? Is it essentially the same engine that is in the 2nd gen 350? w/e at least you will get a super reliable luxury car.
Every major luxury brand transitions engines from the previous model into the new one. The 3IS will probably see a new engine a year or so after launch.
Old 01-08-13, 12:29 PM
lexus66666
Rookie

Not long to go.. cant wait..... .. been watching this forum since uk aint showed jack ****
Old 01-08-13, 01:20 PM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexus66666
Not long to go.. cant wait..... .. been watching this forum since uk aint showed jack ****
Have you checked Lexus UKs Facebook page? I'd expect a heads up regarding IS pictures from them
Old 01-08-13, 02:34 PM
lexus66666
Rookie

Yeah not a lot on there lool but on here its fine much much more info to get here

Last edited by lexus66666; 01-08-13 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-09-13, 11:59 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Hmmmm... first impression is mixed. The F-sport is definitely outrageous and out there in terms of styling. The front grille is obnoxious and the lower airdam looks bent at the corners- like someone popped a curb. And like the new GS F-sport, the car still looks silly jacked up too high. Crying taillights are Volvo S60-esque, and the shape of the headlights is flat out ugly in my opinion. Scalloping was a cheesy 2000's trend long gone. Interesting to note the bottom of the c-pillar went back to the orginal IS style. Interior looks modern and sporty, but its too busy. Engine start/stop button should be hidden better. As it stands, it looks like a giant pimple on the dash. Steering wheel also lacks smoothness and integration. There's too many sections and shapes thrown together. I do like the design of the seats and it looks like there's a fair amount more room in back.
Really more interested in the non-F-sport model with more luxury and tamer styling.
Old 01-09-13, 01:00 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a prototype still or production model...
Old 01-09-13, 01:11 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

hmmm..it will takes time for me to get used to the looks...its not all that....
Old 01-09-13, 08:16 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any word on when it will be available for purchase??
Old 01-16-13, 06:59 AM
WarTiger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Every major luxury brand transitions engines from the previous model into the new one. The 3IS will probably see a new engine a year or so after launch.
Sadly you are probably correct and I just can't help but ask, do you see how ridiculous that is? You can buy an all new 60k car well it's not really all new it's the same engine from the previous 6 years with the same hp but who knows maybe if you wait a year or two into the new generation you will get a completely redesigned engine! The new Lexus is great and will be a great car imo but the people over in Japan talked it up so much, "oh we have free reign to design a true sports car" They give us a redesigned body & an engine that essentially cannot be modded, at least not if you want to see legitimate fruit. Anyways I feel I am speculating... is there anything different in this engine?

The body indeed is tremendous and we at least know the engine is bulletproof reliability wise.. However don't worry because you can get weather subscriptions for free sent to your car so you don't have to use that pesky smart phone.

Last edited by WarTiger; 01-16-13 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 07:41 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I predict car will be shown at the Detroit Auto Show and the internet will ***** to death about the IS.
Boy was I right

BTW Hoovey and I want donations for all our spy work.
Old 01-16-13, 11:03 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Boy was I right

BTW Hoovey and I want donations for all our spy work.
hah seriously. Hmm lets set up a fund for the upcoming NX. Like we reach a monetary goal once a month and we let slip some info or a pic
Old 01-16-13, 01:04 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
hah seriously. Hmm lets set up a fund for the upcoming NX. Like we reach a monetary goal once a month and we let slip some info or a pic
You guys should seriously have a kickstarter campaign. Thanks for all the insider info!
Old 02-10-14, 08:38 PM
LexFather

So who is enjoying those spilt folding rear seats?
Old 02-10-14, 11:57 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexFather
So who is enjoying those spilt folding rear seats?
do they really have them?

Quick Reply: You heard it here first.....(again)