bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like were playing draw something ^^ lol
Old 09-26-12, 10:22 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds so amazing I might have to buy one.
Old 09-26-12, 10:35 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
What about this one? :P
Looks like you drew an F-Sport based on the "fog" areas. Bottom portion of the grill/air dam extends wider.

Originally Posted by Soap
So maybe I somehow missed this before, or maybe you are teasing with this.. You say naturally aspirated sedans will bow first, so are you saying there are other powertrain options coming? (Not talking about ISF)
Yes and no. The current 250 and 350 engines will carry on. At least for two model years. If SB350's source is correct then after which a turbo 4 and turbo 6 will replace them. The latter is speculation of course so I cannot confirm nor deny
Old 09-27-12, 02:38 PM
is350idlh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wish I hadn't seen this thread! I really hope the few extra inches of room is noticable, being 6'3 is a curse at times . I really hope it has a small bump in power as well! ..... The suspense is killin me!
Old 09-27-12, 02:40 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by is350idlh
I really wish I hadn't seen this thread! I really hope the few extra inches of room is noticable, being 6'3 is a curse at times . I really hope it has a small bump in power as well! ..... The suspense is killin me!
I totally know what you mean. My knees and head gets bruised when I go over bumps.
Old 09-27-12, 02:45 PM
bopnspam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is350idlh
6'3" driver here too... maybe we'll be able to actually use the sun visors HAHA
Old 09-27-12, 03:16 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I keep checking this thread in hopes Hoovey would post actual pics
Old 09-27-12, 03:30 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I don't think he will, but the're worth the wait
Old 09-27-12, 05:05 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Looks like it will b this afterall
Old 09-27-12, 05:25 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TTechLexus
yes indeed...lets see wat da production looks like...i hope its a bit longer..looks like da bmw 1 series..
Old 09-27-12, 05:39 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Enjoy kids!:

What we know (I will continually add to this as details come forward):

- Speedo/Tach move like in the LFA (like a video game!) <--- Holy S!!!!
- Grey, Black, Flaxen, and Red interior options <---- Red please
- 8-Speed Auto for 350 RWD models ONLY <---- Vroom vroom!
- 6-Speed Auto for 250 models (reprogrammed for faster shifts ala 4GS)
Damn you Lexus! You are so good at separating me from my money...

Last edited by rcJten; 09-27-12 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-28-12, 06:46 AM
LexFather

The LF-CC simply previews design language for future Lexus coupes. It isn't one vehicle..expect IS/GS coupes to share LF-CC cues....

Internally there is A LOT of excitement about the next IS especially the F-sport model. Like Hoovey stated it is quite sinister and bad *** and it isn't even the IS F!!!!
Old 09-28-12, 07:23 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

^^You stop it right now or you will be the reason for a lot of people furthering our nation's debt problem!
Old 09-28-12, 09:27 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Enjoy kids!:

Interior:
Interior as guessed has the recessed navigation and remote touch as well as similar steering wheel to the GS and RX. It does have the GS/Infiniti clock.*A lot of models probably won't have a navigation (option) but will have a multi media display with a decent sized screen. What's really neat is say when the iPhone5 comes out you can stream its new vectoring map straight to the screen, so there's really no need to buy the extra cost navigation. *The new IS will be the first to use NuLuxe 3 which is the first to have perforated holes unlike the ES and CT. NuLuxe is an Eco friendly material that weighs half as much as leather and the manufacturing process generates 65% fewer CO2 emissions as other synthetic leathers.

Exterior:
The front of course has the corporate spindle grill and while the upper portion is smaller than any of the other Lexus models, the bottom part extents very wide, more so than other models. To be honest it looks like a huge hour glass. Unlike our current 2IS the hood bulges on the 3IS run straight into the grill in perfect lines and then out wards at 45 degree angles. Basically a trapezoid. The bumper bar as far as I've seen is not body colored but dark grey (like Audi) so the transition is seamless. The corners between the headlights and fog area are chiseled and very muscular. Headlights are refined but retain the same sharp shape the current ones have.*The rear tail lights are very sharp. They flow extremely well with the rest of the rear. Looking at the rear from dead on, the tail lights are reminiscent of the 4GS, but much thinner. They have the new "LED tube look" that the GS and ES have. Between them the chrome bar connects the two, but at each side of the bar that touches the tails, the chrome shoots down wards at outward 45 degree angles that look like daggers (trapezoid). The rear deck is prominent and reminds me of a Wald or M3 spoiler. On the lower part of the bumper, the reflectors are still part of the design but also carry a sharper theme to them. The diffusor area is grey/blacked out and the dual exhaust looks to be in a wider position. Overall looking dead on at the rear you can see its stanced nicely with a wide track for a small RWD sports sedan. Coming around to the side, this is where the tails differentiate themselves from anything we've seen. They swoop downward at a sharp 45 degree angle to a dagger point roughly 6-8 inches before touching the rear fender. Meanwhile on the opposite side the side sills elegantly sweep upward at a 45 degree angle as if they were linked. It looks great! Door handles are close to the same shape and don't have the little black buttons anymore. Shark fin antenna is still there.

F-Sport:
I'll say this, the F-Sport will be the most aggressive compact luxury sport sedan on the market. And in Obsidian it looks absolutely sinister. The F-Sport will not have fogs like its GS brother but it will be an easy mod to add, similar to how USDM owners are doing it for their 4GS. Also I'd like to add that the F-Sport seems to have an optional LED headlights with two projectors rather than one (found on the regular IS).

Overall this car looks angry. It's menacing yet elegant. It won't be mistaken for anything else on the road. Stay tuned kids, this is gonna be big!!

What we know (I will continually add to this as details come forward):
- folding rear seats 60/40
- NuLuxe 3 (perforated synthetic leather option)

NEW NEWS
- Driver Mode Select ala 4GS ie Eco, Normal, Sport, Sport+
- Roughly 3in, 2in, 2in bigger L/W/H
- AWD models get headlight washers and heated steering wheels as standard equipment
- Speedo/Tach move like in the LFA (like a video game!)
- Grey, Black, Flaxen, and Red interior options
- 8-Speed Auto for 350 RWD models ONLY
- 6-Speed Auto for 250 models (reprogrammed for faster shifts ala 4GS)
- Late May release, June launch date
Jared, you need to work for Motortrend or Road&Track. AWESOME write-up once again.

Now I can't wait for the new 3IS / F Sport - thanks to you!
Old 09-28-12, 09:47 AM
cbishop11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MashinA
^^You stop it right now or you will be the reason for a lot of people furthering our nation's debt problem!
Tell me about it! He is messing with my budget plan for the next 10 years!

Quick Reply: You heard it here first.....(again)