IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

You heard it here first.....(again)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-12, 11:09 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

SICKLE/Hoovey: will the GS-F be out before the IS-F? I will NEED a car in the summer of 2013, as I'll be coming back from overseas. You're saying 2nd half 2014 for the next gen IS-F, so maybe 2nd half 2013 for GS-F?

Last edited by iggyhop9; 09-21-12 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-22-12, 12:27 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Enjoy kids!:

Interior:
Interior as guessed has the recessed navigation and remote touch as well as similar steering wheel to the GS and RX. It does have the GS/Infiniti clock.*A lot of models probably won't have a navigation (option) but will have a multi media display with a decent sized screen. What's really neat is say when the iPhone5 comes out you can stream its new vectoring map straight to the screen, so there's really no need to buy the extra cost navigation. *The new IS will be the first to use NuLuxe 3 which is the first to have perforated holes unlike the ES and CT. NuLuxe is an Eco friendly material that weighs half as much as leather and the manufacturing process generates 65% fewer CO2 emissions as other synthetic leathers.

Exterior:
The front of course has the corporate spindle grill and while the upper portion is smaller than any of the other Lexus models, the bottom part extents very wide, more so than other models. To be honest it looks like a huge hour glass. Unlike our current 2IS the hood bulges on the 3IS run straight into the grill in perfect lines and then out wards at 45 degree angles. Basically a trapezoid. The bumper bar as far as I've seen is not body colored but dark grey (like Audi) so the transition is seamless. The corners between the headlights and fog area are chiseled and very muscular. Headlights are refined but retain the same sharp shape the current ones have.*The rear tail lights are very sharp. They flow extremely well with the rest of the rear. Looking at the rear from dead on, the tail lights are reminiscent of the 4GS, but much thinner. They have the new "LED tube look" that the GS and ES have. Between them the chrome bar connects the two, but at each side of the bar that touches the tails, the chrome shoots down wards at outward 45 degree angles that look like daggers (trapezoid). The rear deck is prominent and reminds me of a Wald or M3 spoiler. On the lower part of the bumper, the reflectors are still part of the design but also carry a sharper theme to them. The diffusor area is grey/blacked out and the dual exhaust looks to be in a wider position. Overall looking dead on at the rear you can see its stanced nicely with a wide track for a small RWD sports sedan. Coming around to the side, this is where the tails differentiate themselves from anything we've seen. They swoop downward at a sharp 45 degree angle to a dagger point roughly 6-8 inches before touching the rear fender. Meanwhile on the opposite side the side sills elegantly sweep upward at a 45 degree angle as if they were linked. It looks great! Door handles are close to the same shape and don't have the little black buttons anymore. Shark fin antenna is still there.

F-Sport:
I'll say this, the F-Sport will be the most aggressive compact luxury sport sedan on the market. And in Obsidian it looks absolutely sinister. The F-Sport will not have fogs like its GS brother but it will be an easy mod to add, similar to how USDM owners are doing it for their 4GS. Also I'd like to add that the F-Sport seems to have an optional LED headlights with two projectors rather than one (found on the regular IS).

Overall this car looks angry. It's menacing yet elegant. It won't be mistaken for anything else on the road. Stay tuned kids, this is gonna be big!!

What we know (I will continually add to this as details come forward):
- folding rear seats
- 8-speed auto
- NuLuxe 3 (perforated synthetic leather option)
omg I can't freakin wait...!!

If I can't have the LF-LC yet, I just may have to get this first.
Old 09-22-12, 06:40 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hopefully the car stays about the same size and doesn't get huge.
Old 09-22-12, 08:13 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read that it will be bigger than the 2IS.

Hoovey, what I love about the LF-CC interior is that it looks like the AC vents "puncture" through the leather surface of the dash... will this design element make it to the production 3IS?

I also love how it brings it brings the LFA as a halo car full circle as the LFA interior and exterior design elements filters down to the brand's entry level car. NOW the haters can't say that the LFA and your average Lexus car does not have anything in common.

Loving the direction Lexus is going!
Old 09-22-12, 10:15 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mordecai

I also love how it brings it brings the LFA as a halo car full circle as the LFA interior and exterior design elements filters down to the brand's entry level car. NOW the haters can't say that the LFA and your average Lexus car does not have anything in common.

yes

excuse my French but who gives a ***** what the haters think

this will be the next 3rd best thing after the LFA and LF-LC
Old 09-22-12, 02:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai

Hoovey, what I love about the LF-CC interior is that it looks like the AC vents "puncture" through the leather surface of the dash... will this design element make it to the production 3IS?

I'm sorry to disappoint, no it doesn't. In fact the whole interior is like a downsized GS in design and layout.
Old 09-22-12, 11:57 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Hoovey,

Do you know the color temp of the LED headlamps? I hope it's not 4300K!!
Old 09-23-12, 12:47 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish i never read this thread.. Now i'm getting all impatient and anxious ....
Old 09-24-12, 03:51 PM
shortbus19
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J250
I wish i never read this thread.. Now i'm getting all impatient and anxious ....
^^^ What he said. Absolutely enjoyed my '07 IS but it is time to move on to the new one. Can't wait!
Old 09-24-12, 08:42 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Sango
Hoovey,

Do you know the color temp of the LED headlamps? I hope it's not 4300K!!
No I don't know the temp sorry
Old 09-25-12, 09:58 AM
Hoovey689

post #5 updated with new information at bottom: Titled new news
Old 09-25-12, 10:15 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the continuous updates Hoovey! Best tidbits:
- Driver Mode Select ala 4GS ie Eco, Normal, Sport, Sport+
- Speedo/Tach move like the LFA (like a video game!)
- Grey, Black, Flaxen, and Red interior options
- 8-Speed Auto for 350 RWD models ONLY
- Late May release, June launch date
Old 09-25-12, 11:00 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little bit larger, 8AT, Drive Select modes, LED headlights....I'll have a 350 RWD F-Sport. Obsidian/Cabernet, please.
Old 09-25-12, 02:12 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the new IS-F comes a year later, will the current IS-F soldier on until the new one is ready? And is the IS-C dead?

And will Deep Sea Mica be available still?
Old 09-25-12, 02:33 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Any rev matching/blip throttling?
True sequential paddle shifters for both models?
Hybrid model available?

Quick Reply: You heard it here first.....(again)