Considering that the BMW's new 3 series is right around the corner, we should expect the 3IS sometime in the next 2 years (my guess). As much as the 2IS was an improvement over the 1IS, there's always room for improvement and the list below are some of the things that I'd like to see.
1. sportier styling/more masculine styling as the 2IS has been accused on many occassions as being a check car (no offense)
2. offer a double clutch option
3. offer a true sport option
4. bring back active headlights
5. make the car just a tad larger (for all of us that need a 4 door because of kids but love the sport car/sedan segment)
6. offer more interior color options, instead of black, tan, and grey. (take a page from BMW and Mercedes)
7. offer a better designed/looking steering wheel (it just doesn't look sporty)
Super wish list...
1. incorporate a sequential turbo like the Supra TT had back in the days for a mid-life refresh and offer it as an "f sport" option
2. make the next gen is-f with a 4.3 v-8 turbo or 4.0 inline 6 twin turbo