IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-15, 06:39 PM
Boost786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install

So.......After reading a few threads here on CL, I decided to attempt to install the remote starter install myself (using factory keyfob).... i will try to post a diy as best as i can as i go through it..
1. Buy programming cable (i bought it on amazon, maybe cheaper on other sites

Autopage ADSUSB USB Cable and Driver for Update (Black) ($36.99, free shipping)
Amazon.com: Autopage ADSUSB USB Cable and Driver for Update (Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Autopage ADSUSB USB Cable and Driver for Update (Black): Car Electronics

2. Buy remote starter module
idatalink ACLA Remote start and databus Interfuse ($52.99 , free shipping)
Amazon.com : idatalink ACLA Remote start and databus Interfuse : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Car Electronics Amazon.com : idatalink ACLA Remote start and databus Interfuse : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Car Electronics

I started out with doing all of the preliminary setup on the module and wiring before taking the car apart to do the install on it.

Steps
1. go to www.idatalink.com and register for an account
2. once registered click on flash module button (top right)
-side note..... do this on IE- it doesnt work on chrome browser
3. download the usb driver and active x control module (it will prompt you)

4. once the software and drivers are installed plug in programming cable

5. go through the prompts an when you get to this screen choose factory remote......

6. At the firmware selector screen - select RS-TL7
7. Flash Away... should only take about 10-15 secs

on to the wiring..........

I used this diagram to prep all of the wires for install....

you can download the pdf here:

http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...FL-AL(RS)-TL7-[ADS-ALCA]-EN_20141210.pdf
here is how the module looks with everything plugged into it....

and after following the diagram i ended up with only like 10 wires (i cut the others short and taped them up becuase they will not be used...

I tapped the brown and blue wire to the black wire since they all will be grounded anyway....

Thats it! its ready to go in the car ... I will clean up the wires better and make it look better once its installed in the car. Going to do the install on the car tomm and will try to document the dash disassembly and where to tag the wires...stay tuned...
Old 01-23-15, 06:41 PM
Boost786
Rookie

reserved for car install diy
Old 01-24-15, 12:39 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed!
Old 01-24-15, 03:26 PM
joeis3fsp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscibeed
Old 01-25-15, 07:19 AM
tbone587
Driver School Candidate

I cant tell by your prewiring, but make sure you dont ground the orange/black wire. If you do, the hood pin wire doesnt work. ( I know this from experience ). I had it grounded originally even though it says its only needed for cars without factory hoodpin, and it stops the factory hoodpin from sending the signals
Old 02-03-15, 09:59 AM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

just following up - were you able to successfully install/document the remote start system? I've been looking into this but wanted to integrate my iphone along with it also!
Old 02-24-15, 06:38 PM
rwssoccer1
Driver School Candidate

Hey there! Any luck making the DIY guide?

Appreciate it!
Old 05-08-15, 09:46 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Bumping this up....just bought the module with firmware cable...
Old 05-11-15, 11:39 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is pretty much dead, the OP has been posting in other threads about other subjects, but not this one. There is enough information here to determine what needs to be bought, and following the vendor's documentation as to what needs to be done to install a factory remote integrated immobilizer bypass Remote Start. The how, will be up to you, or a local installer that can quote you on it (recommended approach).

Following tips:

1: Download the "RS" firmware, if only planning to install stand alone remote start with factory key fob. The DL firmware is meant to integrate with after market alarm, smart phone apps interfaces and other advanced functions.

2: You can ignore the instructions to splice into the parking lights, as long as you are OK with the lights not being on when the car is remote started. While this removes confirmation that the car started, the advantage is that it will ensure your lights work if the unit ever malfunctions.

3: You are buying a programing cable for what amounts to be a one time use, if you find an installer that already deals with idatalink units, there is a good chance that they would have that, saving you another $40

For disclosure, I haven't installed myself yet, but reviewed the instructions, the wiring diagram and read other's feedback on the unit to ascertain that this is what I will be installing myself. Ironically, this unit is made by a company from Montreal, QC, but I can only buy it at 3x the price through Amazon.ca or do a drop ship to a US address from Amazon.com. We get ripped off big time here.
Old 03-15-16, 08:55 PM
DEMONX
Driver

I will be tryIng to do this on my 2014 Lexus is250 awd... It doesn't look hard at all
Old 03-20-16, 08:54 AM
DEMONX
Driver

So I had some time to do the install yesterday. Is really easy and simple to do. Here are few pictures that I took..

The guide attached helped me find the wires I need to work on
Attached Thumbnails 2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install-image.jpeg  
Old 03-20-16, 08:57 AM
DEMONX
Driver

Not sure why pictures aren't uploading in one post but I'll be posting this one by one and a little comment. Mods can if you can make this look a little more organize feel free to do some moves....

I didn't like the idea to cut and tape the wires I was not going to be using. I decided to unpin the ones I was not going to be using to make it look a lot more cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install-image.jpeg  

Last edited by DEMONX; 03-20-16 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-20-16, 08:58 AM
DEMONX
Driver

There are two more wire I didn't use and car is starting fine...

Last edited by DEMONX; 03-20-16 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-20-16, 09:34 AM
DEMONX
Driver

There are two more wire I didn't use and car is starting fine...
Old 03-20-16, 09:38 AM
DEMONX
Driver

One more picture

Quick Reply: 2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install