IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Would you buy you 3Is again ?

Old 03-20-14, 07:21 AM
Lextacy03
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy you 3Is again ?

I have been bouncing back and forth on whether I should keep the IS or go back to the dealership and upgrade to the GS.

I came from a 2003 IS 300 5 speed and I loved that car until the day I sold it. On my 3 IS I love the body lines, the front grill and the Gauge Cluster but I dislike the issue with the Dash again and the console around the shifter. I would think that Lexus would have fixed the dash issue by now. I know the GS has a leather dash and just looks better built on the inside.

What would you guys do? Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-20-14, 07:35 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I'd buy my IS again in a heartbeat.

When I bought it, I spent a lot of tortuous hours deciding between the GS and IS. In the end, I decided we didn't need the extra size of the GS, so we got the IS. As much as I still love the GS, I have not once questioned my decision. My IS has been everything I expected, and more.

I actually enjoy the interior layout of the IS and don't have any complaints about it.

I'm not sure how long you've had your IS, but be sure to give it enough time to really get used to it, and give your ownership of this car a chance. If you've given it enough time to feel comfortable with the decision and can afford the loss, then do what you need to do.
Old 03-20-14, 07:36 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a FSport?
If so, I don't think you should switch your car for the reason of the dash. They are both very nice.
If you want the bigger car and it is worth the extra bucks for it then power to you but not solely the reason for the dash.
Old 03-20-14, 07:58 AM
Lextacy03
Rookie

I do have the F sport.
Old 03-20-14, 08:19 AM
DizzyEdge
Driver School Candidate

Before the 2014 IS, i preferred the GS.
The new styling & size of the IS-FSport is more my speed.

I'll buy a GS..after i'm 60.
IS's until then.
Old 03-20-14, 08:20 AM
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

The 3IS is far from the perfect car. I still have radio issues with losing HD signal and everyone knows the multimedia/nav unit is just junk.

However, looking at the current cars on the market in my price range, I can't seem to find anything else out there that I would rather drive.

I have a love/hate relationship I guess!
Old 03-20-14, 08:48 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lextacy03
I do have the F sport.
Like I said.. spend the extra money if you want a bigger car if that is what you ultimately want.. don't forget losing money trading in your 3iS.
Old 03-20-14, 08:53 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd waiver a bit between IS and GS honestly. IS seems big enough, but with a baby and dog, having a larger car wouldn't be a bad thing. Add in my size, 6'5", I just fit much better in the GS. The main thing for me, though, is I prefer smaller sportier cars in general. Also, less expensive is nice.
Old 03-20-14, 09:27 AM
John510
Lead Lap

I love my 3IS but its too small now for my growing family so it has to go. Getting kids in and out of the 3IS is not fun.

If I had no kids Id say 3IS all the way. With kids I need an SUV.
Old 03-20-14, 09:32 AM
phungy
Driver

I'd buy it in a heartbeat but in a different color, Nebula Gray.
Old 03-20-14, 10:12 AM
clexusking
Driver

Would absolutely buy again! Love the inside, outside and technology. Miss my 03 GS300 it replaced, but not looking back!
Old 03-20-14, 10:23 AM
WWM
Rookie

I wouldn't. Not that the car is bad - I just couldn't control myself and traded it in for an M235i a few months after purchasing it. Thought I could hold off for a year or two.
Old 03-20-14, 10:37 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I have been bouncing back and forth on whether I should keep the IS or go back to the dealership and upgrade to the GS.

I came from a 2003 IS 300 5 speed and I loved that car until the day I sold it. On my 3 IS I love the body lines, the front grill and the Gauge Cluster but I dislike the issue with the Dash again and the console around the shifter. I would think that Lexus would have fixed the dash issue by now. I know the GS has a leather dash and just looks better built on the inside.

That's because you get what you pay for. GS, LS and LX have the best interiors of any Lexus models bar none. Everything else while assembled well, has a lower grade "touch/feel" to it - more premium than luxury.

There are some some decent deals on GS's right now, if they really interest you, do what makes you happy and get the GS. It's an excellent vehicle
Old 03-20-14, 04:42 PM
DJ90
Driver

may i know what is the dash issue? just got my car for a week + now, no issues so far..
Old 03-20-14, 04:52 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I have ~1100 miles on my 350 F-Sport and so far with no issues what so ever but if I had to do it over again I think I would have tried to wait to see what features 2015 IS would have added. I would love this car even more if it had memory feature and cooled seats with slightly larger Nav screen as well as option for RES+.

I had GS for few days while dealer was installing my F-Sport fog lights and while it was very nice car it just felt too big, especially for single person commuter car. Nav screen on GS was nice and huge too!

Last edited by SonyHome; 03-20-14 at 05:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy you 3Is again ?