IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Questions before buying IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 09:07 AM
Kitten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Questions before buying IS

Hello everyone! I am looking to purchase a IS 250 RWD base model in starfire pearl in California. I've been trying to search everywhere on the forum in regards to the types of packages available in the US but I only found one for Canada. Anyways, as I was building my lexus IS on the website, I came across a premium package which is the one I ]really wanted. It has heated seats and led lights. But every time I ask a dealership about it, they say they won't get it in. Is it possible to custom order this? Or should I forget about having this option?

Also, the lowest price I could find is around $36,200 OTD. Is it possible to go any lower?

The breakdown is as follows:
MSRP:$37,210 (I really think it is actually $36,100)
Invoice:$35,209
Sale Price: $32,709 before tax.
Final OTD: ~ $36,200

By the way, what do you all think of starfire pearl with parchment interior? Haven't been able to see one in person yet and pictures of that combo are scarce.

Last edited by Kitten; 03-19-14 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-19-14, 09:09 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the color combo will look great. imo
Old 03-19-14, 09:11 AM
Kitten
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your input, Larry!
Old 03-19-14, 09:12 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kitten
Thanks for your input, Larry!
Anytime Kitten. i was told the website is messed up but i'm not sure
Old 03-19-14, 09:25 AM
IS350Chic
Driver School Candidate

That's what I have Starfire pearl with Parchment interior. Love the color combo.
Old 03-19-14, 09:38 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

My wife has a 250 (non F) RWD in Starfire Pearl over Flaxen and it has the premium package, so I know you can get here in CA without special ordering.
Old 03-19-14, 01:09 PM
Kitten
Driver School Candidate

I am looking for a non-nav one... can anyone please shed some light. Thanks!
Old 03-19-14, 01:28 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're a student who graduated college within the past two years or are currently/finished college graduate (regardless of how long ago you finished), LFS offers a $1000 rebate.
http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...nceProg_unsclf

if active military, $750 is offered: http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...finprog_unsclf

also, once you track down your car, call the local area lexus dealerships and ask them is there any rebate for financing with LFS? It varies region to region. I received $750 back going through LFS.
Old 03-19-14, 01:31 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

+1 ^ good luck on ur search, dealerships are always getting in cars, trading cars with other dealerships. If they get the car from another dealership they may not work with you as much on the price but this is just from my own experience. Each dealership is diff. Let a sales rep know what u want ur price and walk away they will call.
Old 03-19-14, 02:49 PM
VGer
Rookie

You can always customer order anything you want, speaking as someone who got theirs that way... Another good resource is www.truecar.com. Go there and get a pricing report for the IS 250. Not only will it help you negotiate you a better deal, but it also gives a complete itemized listing of packages, and options, and their wholesale cost versus their sticker price. You'll find most options have a fairly substantive markup. I ordered mine at the end of August, and received it the end of November. Don't let the try and tell you that custom orders cost more either, because they are "custom." You can custom order and still get it below invoice, and get EVERYTHING you want, instead of settling for something that kind of, sort of, fits the bill. If you're going to lay down this kind of money, you might as well get your dream car, instead of a near dream car
Old 03-19-14, 03:23 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

True Car says there are three dealers around where I live (Marina del Rey CA) that has Starfire Pearl with Parchment and Premium package and nothing else.

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/le...&zipcode=90292

I didn't want to log into my account to see what dealers, as they will see that I inquired and bombard me with phone calls and e-mails.
Old 03-19-14, 03:26 PM
enoren
Pole Position

If you have particular specs in mind and your preferred dealer doesn't have it, find an auto broker. Brokers work with multiple dealers, even across state lines, and can find what you're looking for. I buy all my cars through brokers now for the convenience of doing paperwork in 15 minutes or less.

I think nav is pretty common, so if your needs are very unique you might be stuck ordering from Lexus and waiting 2-3 months.
Old 03-20-14, 06:09 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Offer the dealer $37,500 for a $41,999 iS250 FSport non navi and they will do it.
That is the lowest price most car savy people are getting down here in South Florida with no hassle.
Old 03-20-14, 09:57 AM
Kitten
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the replies. I have found an auto broker who pretty much gave me that same exact price except he needs me to finance it, not purchase in full, which I don't really want to do for interest reasons. I will ask him to track me down what I want and see if it is possible. Thanks for the idea, enoren!

The price is lower than what true car said, so I guess that is a good deal.

FSPORTJC, thanks for the rec! I was dead set on a fsport but after comparing it with the non-f in person, I preferred the regular grill.
Old 03-20-14, 11:25 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

finance and then just pay it off in a month or two unless there is some type of language in the finance that states you cant. which i doubt.

Quick Reply: Questions before buying IS