IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

It's official. I'm a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 05:36 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
In your iPhone5 go back to your Bluetooth and click the little Blue "i" and switch "Show Notifications" to "ON". With iPhones you can only receive Text Messages and Cannot send them out (despite there being a Reply button sometimes). This is because Apple iOS does not support MAPS. lol I don't know how you Cold Weather State guys do it. It's dipping into the 40s out here and i'm ready to move to San Diego for half the year
Thank you. I read that before but forgot about that.
Old 01-10-14, 05:38 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...light-led.html Just take your time and tell yourself your not breaking anything as it takes a lot of pressure to unsnap the mirror.
During the 3 days that my dealer had the car for the LED Fog, they went ahead and did the puddle lights so only thing left for me is reverse lights.
Old 01-10-14, 05:46 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
During the 3 days that my dealer had the car for the LED Fog, they went ahead and did the puddle lights so only thing left for me is reverse lights.
So you ordered the OEM LED (JDM?) fogs?

enough accronyms in that sentence? lol
Old 01-10-14, 06:06 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

So you ordered the OEM LED (JDM?) fogs?

enough accronyms in that sentence? lol
Yes. I ordered it through the group buy here and it came with LED fog light, cover, JDM light stalk and aftermarket harness. I think after market harness was what was making things tough for my dealer. They told me harness didn't fit quite right to the part that get plugged in so I had to purchase "Terminal, Repair W/W" which dealer charged me $75 to complete the install.

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-11-14 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 06:11 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Sony! Are you going to run the stock tires or purchase some winter tires since yours is RWD?
So I've had my Michelin X-Ice Xi3's for a day but I can already tell these tires are awesome. They are so quiet and smooth. Car feels like it's floating on air. Also drove through parking lots still are covered by ice and packed snow and tracking control never kicked in once!

So far I'm really loving the car overall. I guess this is what happens when you buy your first car in 13 years! My Acura was great and very reliable but 3IS feels and drives like a super buttery spaceship compared to it! Love it!
Old 01-10-14, 06:22 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

So I've had my Michelin X-Ice Xi3's for a day but I can already tell these tires are awesome. They are so quiet and smooth. Car feels like it's floating on air. Also drove through parking lots still are covered by ice and packed snow and tracking control never kicked in once!

So far I'm really loving the car overall. I guess this is what happens when you buy your first car in 13 years! My Acura was great and very reliable but 3IS feels and drives like a super buttery spaceship compared to it! Love it!
Glad they're working for you. Many say winter tires with RWD is vastly superior to AWD with All-Season. Did your IS come with the Turanza ER33's?

I hear you on the new vehicle. I'm enjoying a 14 GS450h right now, just turned in my IS for a recall campaign, warranty work which despite being out of warranty Lexus "Good-willed" it (another +1 story on Lexus customer satisfaction) and a 60K service. Suffice to say I'm smitten with this GS and don't want to give it back
Old 01-10-14, 08:10 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Glad they're working for you. Many say winter tires with RWD is vastly superior to AWD with All-Season. Did your IS come with the Turanza ER33's? I hear you on the new vehicle. I'm enjoying a 14 GS450h right now, just turned in my IS for a recall campaign, warranty work which despite being out of warranty Lexus "Good-willed" it (another +1 story on Lexus customer satisfaction) and a 60K service. Suffice to say I'm smitten with this GS and don't want to give it back
I didn't check which tires but it should be same one everyone gets with RWD IS350 F Sport. Dealer stated I couldn't change to anything else. I'm going to see if I can sell it through craigslist.
Old 01-11-14, 01:33 AM
semoquer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sony. Think i'm late for the party. How did you get those fogs? is it oem?
Old 01-11-14, 04:15 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by semoquer
sony. Think i'm late for the party. How did you get those fogs? is it oem?
Party is just beginning!

There is group buy here which you may be able to order through.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...group-buy.html
Old 01-12-14, 11:04 AM
iPinky
Driver

That looks sick with the fog lights! Very nice.

Oh, and that key card looks pretty cool. Is it as thick as a credit card?
Old 01-12-14, 11:08 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iPinky
That looks sick with the fog lights! Very nice.

Oh, and that key card looks pretty cool. Is it as thick as a credit card?
Dealer took 3 days to install but it's worth it to have it on there. I really like the look especially at night. Smart card key is about 2 credit cards thick but it fits nicely into my credit card slot in my wallet. Only things I carry now are my wallet and phone.
Old 01-12-14, 11:09 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

These are pictures taken at friend's parents house after they let us use their heated garage to clean, clay, polish and apply opti-coat 2.0 on my car. I put opti-coat on all surfaces including glass and put opti-lens on the headlights, DRLs, LED fog lights, side blinkers and rear tail lights which gives little more UV protection to prevent it from discoloring. I had to leave it over night to let the opti-coat bond.

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-12-14 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 11:18 AM
iPinky
Driver

^^^^ Sexy beast. Have you named him/her yet?

Dealer took 3 days to install but it's worth it to have it on there. I really like the look especially at night. Smart card key is about 2 credit cards thick but it fits nicely into my credit card slot in my wallet. Only things I carry now are my wallet and phone.
Lol what about your house key?
Old 01-12-14, 11:30 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iPinky
^^^^ Sexy beast. Have you named him/her yet?

Lol what about your house key?
I was thinking "Dark Knight"! What do you think?

I don't carry a house key since I usually enter the house through my garage.
Old 01-12-14, 12:09 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

goodness those fogs need to be standard. very sexy and gives more aesthetic flow rather than an expanse of black in the lower air dam area

Quick Reply: It's official. I'm a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport owner!