IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

First Time Buyer Program

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 10:20 AM
Rsnic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Buyer Program

My car is coming in this weekend and i just got off the phone with the finance manager who told me that i might be eligible for a First Time Buyer Program which i haven't heard of till now, and was told that it is a rebate for $750 that can be used to be spent on accessories.

I already am taking advantage of the DTR rebate of $750 and college grad rebate of $1000.

Has anyone heard of this rebate and taken advantage of it? I am still waiting to hear back whether or not i am eligible.
Old 12-12-13, 10:30 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of it. But if you can get it, at no additional hidden cost, enjoy it. Be careful that $750, or any amount is not somehow merged or hidden in with something else. That practice was pretty common years ago.Buyers were getting surprised, when and if they read the paperwork, that some costs were being added to the bottom line without knowledge. This was generally associated with financing. But as a first time buyer, you need to stay on your toes regardless. Good luck.
Old 12-12-13, 11:56 AM
OMVR
Rookie

Wow is this a real current offer? I just put a deposit down on a 350 F Sport and wasn't aware of this.
Old 12-12-13, 12:15 PM
Rsnic
Rookie

Originally Posted by OMVR
Wow is this a real current offer? I just put a deposit down on a 350 F Sport and wasn't aware of this.
I'm trying to figure out the same thing, i ordered the car back in september and wasnt told about the offer until today when they called to tell me my car cleared customs and is loaded onto a truck.

I'll keep you updated as i get more info about the program and eligibility.
Old 12-13-13, 07:24 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsnic
I'm trying to figure out the same thing, i ordered the car back in september and wasnt told about the offer until today when they called to tell me my car cleared customs and is loaded onto a truck.

I'll keep you updated as i get more info about the program and eligibility.
Yeah, please keep us all up to date. I'm in the middle of negotiating right now. I am also graduating from my masters program next week and it'll be my first Lex that i'll be purhcsing so I hope those two incentives are true. Let me know what you find!