IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS350 : Navigation screen re-starts then shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-14, 10:11 PM
FuYun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About to buy a 350 fsport. Has this issue been resolved yet? I am very concerned if it turns out to be a hardware issue requiring taking the whole dashboard apart.
Old 04-12-14, 05:20 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FuYun
About to buy a 350 fsport. Has this issue been resolved yet? I am very concerned if it turns out to be a hardware issue requiring taking the whole dashboard apart.
No, it's not been resolved, but I wouldn't worry about the dash. My radio/nav was replaced, and you couldn't tell anything happened. Even so, it didn't fix the problem.

There is a rumor of a firmware update this month to address this problem, but nothing definitive yet.
Old 04-23-14, 12:05 PM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While my phone is connected and playing music only from a USB flash media my controls for radio will stop working after a while. Screen functions and music will continue to play. Have to power reset navigation to regain control functionality.

Have to test more scenarios to figure out if it's random or not now that it's happened a few times on short trips.
Old 04-23-14, 05:36 PM
Pralix
Rookie

News Update:

The dealer talked to the Lexus Field rep about my issue. Pioneer who makes the media unit was also interested in my troubleshooting. Long story short, the field rep agreed to replace the media unit. The new media unit has a newer hardware version and supposedly it has the firmware that will fix the reboot problem. I didn't have any reboots on the way home which is promising. I asked about a standalone update for existing units but it looks like they are hesitant to say when it will be available. If I had to guess (and this is just my opinion) , the current fix involves both hardware and software. Again just my opinion, they are still working on a software update that will fix and/or workaround a hardware issue. I could be completely wrong so please don't go postal on Lexus or Pioneer yet. I suspect that if Pioneer is still interested in the troubleshooting that we did, that it still may not be fixed. I was also told that Pioneer said something to the effect that no one had provided them with this detailed information about the issue.

I will update tomorrow on reboots and then a week later.

Last edited by Pralix; 04-23-14 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-23-14, 07:34 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pralix
News Update:

The dealer talked to the Lexus Field rep about my issue. Pioneer who makes the media unit was also interested in my troubleshooting. Long story short, the field rep agreed to replace the media unit. The new media unit has a newer hardware version and supposedly it has the firmware that will fix the reboot problem. I didn't have any reboots on the way home which is promising. I asked about a standalone update for existing units but it looks like they are hesitant to say when it will be available. If I had to guess (and this is just my opinion) , the current fix involves both hardware and software. Again just my opinion, they are still working on a software update that will fix and/or workaround a hardware issue. I could be completely wrong so please don't go postal on Lexus or Pioneer yet. I suspect that if Pioneer is still interested in the troubleshooting that we did, that it still may not be fixed. I was also told that Pioneer said something to the effect that no one had provided them with this detailed information about the issue.

Thanks for the post, Pralix. I hope this works for you and we'll be looking forward to your updates.
Old 04-24-14, 03:16 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

News Update:

Thanks for yor updates, Pralix. This is the first I've heard of a possible hardware update to help solve the reboot problem. If its not too much trouble, could you tell us what firmware version you have now?
Old 04-24-14, 05:19 AM
Pralix
Rookie

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Thanks for yor updates, Pralix. This is the first I've heard of a possible hardware update to help solve the reboot problem. If its not too much trouble, could you tell us what firmware version you have now?
I'll see what I can do later today. Like I said, the hardware update could just be coincidence and have nothing to do with the reboot issue. Hardware updates happen for many reasons and not necessarily to fix a bug.
Old 04-24-14, 06:14 AM
clew84
Driver School Candidate

My 350 f sport has done it a few times but it comes back very quickly and even picks up the current route. Problem is that it appears that there is no trigger so it will be hard to duplicate when taking it for service. It usually happens early in a drive though. I also think that that it's happened more since I have plugged in my 120gb iPod.

I'm going to wait and address mine at the 5k service interval unless it gets much worse (and the seat warmer issue).
Old 04-24-14, 08:19 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my firmware updated to 5400 almost a month ago, sadly to say my nav froze on me just few days ago right after starting the car, had to manually reboot the nav.
Old 04-24-14, 05:50 PM
Pralix
Rookie

No reboots at all today. Fingers crossed.

Here are my versions:

ProgVer: V10B8710
DiscVer: V 13.13.11
BTVer: 30.241
CanVer: 130209
ChipVer: 009076
WiFi: 30.241 (wifi?)
OSVer: 15.8300
BIOS: 0205010001
Neo-rom: 13CY1600
AUDIO: 34600HU
DVD: 02010801
Old 04-24-14, 07:34 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

if i'm running software version *8400 and i'm experiencing slight lag and overall slowness, is it worth it to bring it in to update the software? or is there the possibility that the update might make everything 10x worse? i mean, other people are running versions that are way updated in comparison, e.g. the guy or girl above who is running v. *8710

i know there's some other thread on this also, but i didn't feel like reviving it.
Old 04-24-14, 07:43 PM
Pralix
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
if i'm running software version *8400 and i'm experiencing slight lag and overall slowness, is it worth it to bring it in to update the software? or is there the possibility that the update might make everything 10x worse? i mean, other people are running versions that are way updated in comparison, e.g. the guy or girl above who is running v. *8710

i know there's some other thread on this also, but i didn't feel like reviving it.
I think the official standalone update version is 8500. It doesn't cure the reboot problem that people are talking about in this thread. Other than the reboot issue, I haven't heard of any problems with 8500. It might fix the lag, others may chime in on this. My original media unit came with 8500 so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Old 04-24-14, 08:40 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

I think the official standalone update version is 8500. It doesn't cure the reboot problem that people are talking about in this thread. Other than the reboot issue, I haven't heard of any problems with 8500. It might fix the lag, others may chime in on this. My original media unit came with 8500 so I don't have anything to compare it to.
thanks for the info. i'm not sure why my nav unit is running 8400 as i just purchased the car a few weeks ago -- i'm sure it has to do with production date.

the lag is super annoying, though.
Old 04-24-14, 09:16 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Just got my firmware updated to 5400 almost a month ago, sadly to say my nav froze on me just few days ago right after starting the car, had to manually reboot the nav.
Oops I meant 8500 not 5400.

Nav: v10a8500
Op sys: 12.8050
Old 04-24-14, 09:19 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

8500 is not as laggy, but definitely does not fix the lag.

Quick Reply: 2014 IS350 : Navigation screen re-starts then shuts off