IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Vessel in range!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 08:46 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vessel in range!

My IS is almost here! Looks like it might be here in Texas the end of next week or the week after sometime. Finally!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
Old 10-05-13, 01:17 AM
JL25
Rookie

Awesome. I know the feeling. It would be nice to see another 3IS out in Katy. What color combo did you get?
Old 10-05-13, 05:00 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JL25
Awesome. I know the feeling. It would be nice to see another 3IS out in Katy. What color combo did you get?
White / Red.
Old 10-05-13, 06:13 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
My IS is almost here! Looks like it might be here in Texas the end of next week or the week after sometime. Finally!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
When did you order and how long did you wait so far? When I clicked on the link I saw just blue water.

My dealer said Lexus "confirmed" the order so I'm not sure what that means how much longer I have to wait.
Old 10-05-13, 06:39 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
When did you order and how long did you wait so far? When I clicked on the link I saw just blue water.

My dealer said Lexus "confirmed" the order so I'm not sure what that means how much longer I have to wait.
Sept 9 but it was a dealer allotment so wasn't really a special order. They were going to get the car mid / late Oct I just put money down on it to hold it for me once it comes in.

Looks like it is out of range again but if you look here it was in range twice last night.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/dat...MMSI=432433000
Old 10-08-13, 05:59 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Boo! Can't track my car any longer since it hit Long Beach. Ah well hopefully 1 more week.
Old 10-08-13, 06:21 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think my IS is on the same boat maybe.... not sure. My sells guy call me on the 7th and said the boat has reached port!!!! still like 2 weeks till i get it here in Denver CO
Old 10-08-13, 10:17 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slimjimlim
think my IS is on the same boat maybe.... not sure. My sells guy call me on the 7th and said the boat has reached port!!!! still like 2 weeks till i get it here in Denver CO
different boat. my local dealer asked me to see if i could track the shipment coming in this money, your boat like mine will go to the seattle port. and it may well have arrived by now i have not looked in a while. but i know there was a boat headed here last week.
Old 10-09-13, 04:08 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Yikes!! 2 weeks after it hits the port? That seems kinda long. Figure it will take a few days to clear customs and then a few days to get to Denver.

Going to bug my salesman on Saturday they are having an event there. Not counting on the car being to my dealer until Wed-Sat of next week.
Old 10-09-13, 04:42 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

After doing some research average time to wait once a car hits the port to your dealer is 10 to 14 days if you aren't in the same state as the port. That will put it at my dealer Oct 17-21st time frame. Ah well that isn't too much longer to wait.

If I lived in Cali it would be 3 to 5 days and my dealer would have the car.
Old 10-09-13, 08:17 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
different boat. my local dealer asked me to see if i could track the shipment coming in this money, your boat like mine will go to the seattle port. and it may well have arrived by now i have not looked in a while. but i know there was a boat headed here last week.
I hope i get mine in a week or so.... been waiting for awhile lol. What IS you get Bass Mech? And what dealer did you go thur?
Old 10-09-13, 11:08 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope i get mine in a week or so.... been waiting for awhile lol. What IS you get Bass Mech? And what dealer did you go thur?
Kuni Lexus of Colorado Springs

and I just found out this evening my car was built yesterday!! and available for shipment yesterday. the vessel departure date is 10/17 so next week it begins a 3 week trip across the pond! arrival date in seattle wa is 11/8 that means it should arrive here on or about 11/ 20-25th

I ordered a very rare build. 2014 IS 350 RWD Obsidian / Rioja F sport with mark lev, nav, PCS rear shade, blind spot monitor, basically every single option you can possibly get in the F sport package. it also includes the accessory cargo net and trunk mat. my msrp was 49,250 so far i have yet to see any RWD F sport equipped like mine. i searched the entire US with several dealers and mine is only the 3rd build like it known to exist in the entire US. the easy way to tell is if you build a car like mine anywhere else the MSRP always comes up to about 48,600 because you either cant get the BSM or the rear shade or the PCS seems on every car in every region ive tried to build you cannot get all of these things in 1 package.
i can tell you 1 thing i will have the ONLY 350 RWD F sport in the entire state of colorado thats for sure!
oh and also i got my VIN!

the main reason i say this is not too many people have any interest in a RWD in a snow state. i don't want the AWD option because i just bought a 2013 GS 350 AWD F sport in Obsidian, with Cabernet interior just 4 months ago. and i also have a 2009 toyota tacoma (also black) TRD off road 4X4 with the TRD supercharger.
so as for snow needs i have that covered! this 350 replaces the 2012 corvette Z06 that i just sold and takes place as my fun sport daily driver. so i wanted another RWD.
i also wanted RWD because its Lighter, has the 8 speed and therefore gets better MPG and faster 0-60 time as well costs less than equivalent AWD unit.
i think im going to lease 27-36 months because as soon as another IS-f like mine comes available say 2015-2016 model where i can get the LKA seat memory, cooled seats, ill likely jump on it.
otherwise i may consider a IS-F if they bring that into the new design. or i may just get another corvette i haven't decided yet.
Old 10-10-13, 01:15 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

Nice mine is a 350 Fsport white with black. It is gonna be my DD and replace my 2011 toyota tundra. hahah nice 09 Taco i had a 02 taco SC too
Old 10-12-13, 02:47 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Just talked to my sales guy said it will take 2+ weeks after it hits the port. So might not get it for another 2 weeks. It got to Long Beach port on 10/7.
Old 10-12-13, 03:57 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
Kuni Lexus of Colorado Springs

and I just found out this evening my car was built yesterday!! and available for shipment yesterday. the vessel departure date is 10/17 so next week it begins a 3 week trip across the pond! arrival date in seattle wa is 11/8 that means it should arrive here on or about 11/ 20-25th

I ordered a very rare build. 2014 IS 350 RWD Obsidian / Rioja F sport with mark lev, nav, PCS rear shade, blind spot monitor, basically every single option you can possibly get in the F sport package. it also includes the accessory cargo net and trunk mat. my msrp was 49,250 so far i have yet to see any RWD F sport equipped like mine. i searched the entire US with several dealers and mine is only the 3rd build like it known to exist in the entire US. the easy way to tell is if you build a car like mine anywhere else the MSRP always comes up to about 48,600 because you either cant get the BSM or the rear shade or the PCS seems on every car in every region ive tried to build you cannot get all of these things in 1 package.
i can tell you 1 thing i will have the ONLY 350 RWD F sport in the entire state of colorado thats for sure!
oh and also i got my VIN!

the main reason i say this is not too many people have any interest in a RWD in a snow state. i don't want the AWD option because i just bought a 2013 GS 350 AWD F sport in Obsidian, with Cabernet interior just 4 months ago. and i also have a 2009 toyota tacoma (also black) TRD off road 4X4 with the TRD supercharger.
so as for snow needs i have that covered! this 350 replaces the 2012 corvette Z06 that i just sold and takes place as my fun sport daily driver. so i wanted another RWD.
i also wanted RWD because its Lighter, has the 8 speed and therefore gets better MPG and faster 0-60 time as well costs less than equivalent AWD unit.
i think im going to lease 27-36 months because as soon as another IS-f like mine comes available say 2015-2016 model where i can get the LKA seat memory, cooled seats, ill likely jump on it.
otherwise i may consider a IS-F if they bring that into the new design. or i may just get another corvette i haven't decided yet.
Wow, Congratz! When was your order confirmation date? My build is exact same including colors and options and also RWD. I assume you got VGRS also. Mine probably won't be here until end of December or early January.

Let me know if you are going to cancel so I can tell my dealer to grab it!

Quick Reply: Vessel in range!