IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

a fully optioned F sport DOES exist! do why cant we get one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-13, 03:29 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The interior doesn't look as luxurious as I thought it would. But then again, it's the F-Sport.
Old 09-15-13, 04:04 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow thx
Old 09-15-13, 04:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeball
I can't believe how wide the navigation screen is! The U.S. consumer should have been given that as a standard feature lol
Originally Posted by jhs82
The screen is the same as in the US. You just don't see the broad frame since it's a black image on the screen.
Need to get your eyes checked eyeball
Old 09-15-13, 04:10 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Need to get your eyes checked eyeball

Hahaha...touché ! :-)
Old 09-15-13, 09:51 PM
flippd
Driver

Why is the shifter not straight? I think it looks weird that way.
Old 09-16-13, 01:32 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
Why is the shifter not straight? I think it looks weird that way.
It's always that way when in "P".
Old 09-16-13, 02:48 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

No offence to you Americans, but you guy would rather save a few pennies than to recognize better value lol
Old 09-20-13, 06:36 PM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course it existed as some point in renderings or in early models.

I'm pretty sure there will be some options added/available come 2015/2016 once the overhead clears and the demand catches up.
Old 09-21-13, 01:15 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't think you'll get it until mid cycle facelift.
Europe is a smaller market than the US, and we can get a fully equipped F-sport on order (except fog lights in some countries).
If Lexus really wanted to offer a well equipped F-sport in the US they would. But i don't think there is a market for it since a lot of you think it's over priced as it is. Would you really be ok with paying another ~$7k for the missing equipment?
Old 09-21-13, 09:17 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^

That is it exactly. Americans think we're entitled to highest quality at the cheapest prices. Why do corps offshore? So they can deliver the highest quality at the cheapest price while maintaining a margin. We created all of this our selves -- we have a part to play in it.

Imagine that the add the features people are complaining about and the price has to go up to $55-$60K. I'll bet most people would think to themselves, "Screw that. I can get a GS on clearance for about that price." Or "$60K for a small car? I need a big car so that everyone knows I have the biggest *** on the block and I spent big bucks on my ride!"

Americans equate "big" with status and if we're going to pay $60K by golly we want people to know that. The IS?

The IS is an entry level luxury car for people who are still budget conscious. Hence $50K cut off.

Even the Genesis only has 1 butt cooler and the passenger seat has limited adjustment options. They all leave things out to hit a price point and margin.

imo charge $60K for an IS and people will buy BMW or Audi instead. The Lexus IS is not branded as a car worth 60K.
Old 09-21-13, 11:48 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glashub
^^^^

That is it exactly. Americans think we're entitled to highest quality at the cheapest prices. Why do corps offshore? So they can deliver the highest quality at the cheapest price while maintaining a margin. We created all of this our selves -- we have a part to play in it.

Imagine that the add the features people are complaining about and the price has to go up to $55-$60K. I'll bet most people would think to themselves, "Screw that. I can get a GS on clearance for about that price." Or "$60K for a small car? I need a big car so that everyone knows I have the biggest *** on the block and I spent big bucks on my ride!"

Americans equate "big" with status and if we're going to pay $60K by golly we want people to know that. The IS?

The IS is an entry level luxury car for people who are still budget conscious. Hence $50K cut off.

Even the Genesis only has 1 butt cooler and the passenger seat has limited adjustment options. They all leave things out to hit a price point and margin.

imo charge $60K for an IS and people will buy BMW or Audi instead. The Lexus IS is not branded as a car worth 60K.
Couldn't agree more, if the IS350 f sport approaches $60k, people WILL look for alternatives, basic supply and demand at play here.
Old 09-21-13, 12:04 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Couldn't agree more, if the IS350 f sport approaches $60k, people WILL look for alternatives, basic supply and demand at play here.
I'd probably be getting an X5 if I were looking in the $60K range lol
Old 09-21-13, 12:07 PM
AMalick
Rookie

Default It does exist

Yup, I live in South Africa (SA) and a fully loaded IS 350 F Sport does exist. I have mine on order for delivery in late October. Only two things are left off in SA (i.e. Fog Lamps & Adaptive Cruise Control). Basically the standard IS 350 F Sport comes fully loaded (in other words you don't even have a choice everything just comes included)
Old 09-21-13, 02:06 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

See -- why no adaptive cruise control? What is it about SA that would cause them to think South Africans wouldn't option adaptive cruise control I wonder?
Old 09-21-13, 08:59 PM
ddb
Rookie

Just a note here, I know the dealer manager at the Lexus I got my IS, basically he says all the options available here in the US for the IS can be installed on the F, but at a price. You probably won't be able to order it fully loaded, you will need to order an F and once it arrives to the dealer, have the dealer install all the "extras"

Problem is, you will need to pay for heavy labor and many parts as they will need to install multiple devices, hardware, harness, and replace many parts including door handle covers (for the memory seat buttons), and many other things.

Basically, for every dollar you would pay for an optional feature on the regular IS, you will have to pay about 3 and even 4 dollars to add that option to your F...

I now really start to think the F stands for Fuc#$% up on the 3IS...

Quick Reply: a fully optioned F sport DOES exist! do why cant we get one?