IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

TPMS Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 11:13 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool. Tx. Will try to program the new sensors myself.
Old 01-23-14, 04:05 PM
svalour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am able to read my TPMS on my new car ,and they are from 6 to 7 digits , if the first digit is a zero , then your Id will be six digits , put in all numbers including the 0

There is a new firmware upgrade fornthe VT30 and i have the IS 2014 in there now, i will try to read my ID back to see if the positions are correct now.

Will let you know in a couple days

Thanks
Old 01-23-14, 04:14 PM
svalour
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bradtopp
Hi Svalour,

I bought the tool and tried it tonight. Tried to read the TPMS by choosing Lexus in the menu and it didn't work. I then tried using Toyota and it worked but it is only showing me 6 digits of the TPMS id's. Is your VT30 showing you all 7 digits? Our TPMS sensor id's are 7 digits.

Which item did you choose in the menu? Which version of the software is your VT30 running? Mine is version EA1-07.

Thanks
I used the ES 350 for template and it worked , but there is a new firmware for the VT30 now , since Jan 20th.I will try it when i have a chance
Old 01-23-14, 07:07 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for responding. I am wondering if we have different VT30's. I say this because my VT30 does not allow me to choose a specific car. It only lets me select the brand of car. For example I can choose Lexus and that is all. There is no other menu to choose ES 350, etc.

Originally Posted by svalour
I used the ES 350 for template and it worked , but there is a new firmware for the VT30 now , since Jan 20th.I will try it when i have a chance
Old 01-25-14, 06:09 AM
svalour
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bradtopp
Thank you for responding. I am wondering if we have different VT30's. I say this because my VT30 does not allow me to choose a specific car. It only lets me select the brand of car. For example I can choose Lexus and that is all. There is no other menu to choose ES 350, etc.
I am sorry , i was thinking of the quickset

I used the Lexus one and it worked , try changing the angle when you read the TPMS

I have the same problem with mine , so try changing the angle or position when reading

It will finally work

Good luck
Old 01-25-14, 06:10 AM
svalour
Driver School Candidate

I am sorry , i was thinking of the quickset

I used the Lexus one and it worked , try changing the angle when you read the TPMS

I have the same problem with mine , so try changing the angle or position when reading

It will finally work

Good luck
For the firmware update , its for the quickset device , again sorry for the confusion
Old 01-25-14, 10:50 AM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

No problem. I finally got all of this working today. The VT30 works great but as someone may have mentioned you must realize if the TPMS id begins with a zero, the VT30 will not display that leading zero so you are left with only 6 digits. This confused me for a while but I took the chance today and asked the dealer to add 0's to beginning of what the VT30 displayed and put them into TechStream to see what happens. It worked like a charm.

Thanks for all of your help, Svalour.

For the firmware update , its for the quickset device , again sorry for the confusion
Old 01-25-14, 12:32 PM
dasrakete
Driver School Candidate

Why bother with the sensors for winter tires? I have been running mine for three months without. I check tire pressure every week. Running Fast wheels and Goodyear Ultra Grips. Just ignore the light.
Old 01-25-14, 03:35 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some people can't. I dont mind it but willing to spend time and effort so I don't. Plus my new wheels are for all seasons.
Old 01-25-14, 05:27 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

I never had a light come on in my IS350 while I was figuring out how to program the sensors. The TPMS display simply didn't display the pressure of each tire.

The reason why I feel the need for the sensors is they are required by law here in the USA on all newer vehicles. Insurance companies know this. IF you have a tire related incident/accident and they see you have no sensors installed you can pretty much guess how much they will pay toward any claims. Also, the sensors are $240 for all 4. For me it's worth the $240 to have all of the equipment working properly.

I do understand why others do not feel the need to install them. To each his/her own.

Originally Posted by dasrakete
Why bother with the sensors for winter tires? I have been running mine for three months without. I check tire pressure every week. Running Fast wheels and Goodyear Ultra Grips. Just ignore the light.
Old 01-27-14, 03:28 PM
svalour
Driver School Candidate

Same version EA1-07
Old 10-03-14, 10:28 AM
haga888
Driver School Candidate

The order i got is

FL=RL
FR=FR
RR=FL
RL=RR
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but is the order in the left column the ATEQ order or the actual order?
Thanks.
Old 10-03-14, 07:03 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dasrakete
Do you get any warnings or lights that that pop up when using the set without TPMS sensors?
Old 10-06-14, 10:40 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, is anything else affected by NOT running tpms sensors? ABS?
Old 10-09-14, 06:55 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the VT30 needed, or does the Quickset do all that is needed. Prices add-up, if you need both!

I'm hoping the Quickset can read what came with the care, and I can manually enter the ID's for the new set of TPMS sensors that I'll need to buy.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensors