IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Status Updates of Orders

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 12:53 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Status Updates of Orders

I was wondering if anyone has been given a delivery date yet for their special order of a 3IS? I am still waiting for mine to arrive and was told it should be about 4 weeks but that seems vague. If it is only that far out, then I would imagine it should be on a ship about now and the dealer should have a VIN for it.
I have never ordered a Lexus previously, only BMWs and BMW gave status updates the whole way through the process.
Any insight into the Lexus process would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-29-13, 07:19 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with my sales rep about this because the timing of delivery is one of the factors in our $ negotiation. My order is definitely not a special order (or custom build) because I was told that the wait time of a special order will take at least 4-5 months since the Lexus factories in Japan will need to collect a certain number of special orders around the world before beginning the production of those special orders. (Can someone please verify this? That's what my sales rep told me)

When I ordered my 3IS350 F-Sport, I had no choice but to accept the configuration that my dealer provided me *since I don't want to wait 4-5 months.* The configuration is described on two sheets of papers, and the first page has the VIN number shown, (and I still have these papers with me) My sales rep said that Lexus in Japan has already built (or is in the process of building) a number of 3IS350 F-Sport for worldwide distribution, and I will be getting one of those. Therefore, he said that the wait time should not be long. The factories in Japan just need to be notified, and they will ship it out (along with others) to the U.S. port(s). (Can someone please verify this? I don't know whether my sales rep is just making up stuff to buy time.)

However, he cannot tell me exactly when I will get it, and he keeps on telling me that he will give me a surprise (as if I'm a little child.) Lol, okay, fine. I will be patient in the mean time and wait for a couple weeks. But, I've made the decision that if I don't get the car by mid August, I will cancel the order completely.

Last edited by doctorttt; 06-29-13 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 09:53 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Same story. I put a deposit months ago. Was told no dealer would give any offer/discount off and to expect MSRP. I'm fine with that as long as I get the model I want and on the date I want.

My sales guy told me last friday 6/28, he called me that morning to tell me bad news. The ones coming in 350IS F sport did not include the Mark Levinson package. He asked me if I could accept that. I said "No". He offered me the only demo car with all packages. I said "No" because it had over 200 miles.

He tells me that he now needs to check the ETA on the model I want but it might be 1-2 weeks.From what he told me, the cars are all pre-built in Japan, for all other options/packages, lexus actually builds that at the port.

Anyways, I am quite frustrated. My sales guy is kinda new so I do think he dropped the ball, maybe some other sales sold my car I put the deposit for. If anyone knows a dealer who carries the white 3IS F sport with mark levinson package, let me know, will be very, very grateful.
Old 06-30-13, 05:42 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

As far as options in port, it is the accessories that are installed. When I ordered mine, my dealer told me that we could try to get one from allocation but that may never happen as the Dynamic radar cruise and Mark Levinson are not popular options. He said it would be better just to special order as it would be only 2-3 months instead of a crap shoot to see if one arrives exactly how I want. I do give credit as he inquires every week to his Lexus rep. but it seems as if Lexus themselves is not forthcoming with information.
It appears as if we are all waiting on 350s which may be the inherent issue.
Old 06-30-13, 06:06 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara
Same story. I put a deposit months ago. Was told no dealer would give any offer/discount off and to expect MSRP. I'm fine with that as long as I get the model I want and on the date I want.

My sales guy told me last friday 6/28, he called me that morning to tell me bad news. The ones coming in 350IS F sport did not include the Mark Levinson package. He asked me if I could accept that. I said "No". He offered me the only demo car with all packages. I said "No" because it had over 200 miles.

He tells me that he now needs to check the ETA on the model I want but it might be 1-2 weeks.From what he told me, the cars are all pre-built in Japan, for all other options/packages, lexus actually builds that at the port.

Anyways, I am quite frustrated. My sales guy is kinda new so I do think he dropped the ball, maybe some other sales sold my car I put the deposit for. If anyone knows a dealer who carries the white 3IS F sport with mark levinson package, let me know, will be very, very grateful.

Santa Monica Lexus had is350fsport ultra white with black interior yesterday with ML. Saw it there yesterday when I picked up my is250fsport black/red

Ask for bob lattimore Internet sales manager or Matt Unger general sales manager. I got $1422 off Msrp leased it.

Tell the Debbie who bought her car yesterday sent you
Old 06-30-13, 07:24 AM
blksolara
Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Santa Monica Lexus had is350fsport ultra white with black interior yesterday with ML. Saw it there yesterday when I picked up my is250fsport black/red

Ask for bob lattimore Internet sales manager or Matt Unger general sales manager. I got $1422 off Msrp leased it.

Tell the Debbie who bought her car yesterday sent you
Thanks bud but now quite there, I forgot to mention I wanted the red interior, its too hawt too pass up.
Old 06-30-13, 07:41 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks bud but now quite there, I forgot to mention I wanted the red interior, its too hawt too pass up.

That's what I got black with red. For some reason I wasn't crazy for the ultra white with red but fell in love with the black and red interior.
Old 06-30-13, 07:57 AM
blksolara
Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
That's what I got black with red. For some reason I wasn't crazy for the ultra white with red but fell in love with the black and red interior.
haha, yup. thats the one i want as well but i'm actually buying the car for my wife. she wants the white and won't budge =(
Old 06-30-13, 08:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

1-2 weeks is very fast... actual custom order is 120 days + they wont do them for first month or two.
Old 06-30-13, 10:48 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey dude. I'm not an expert of audio system. I'm curious - what's so good about ML? The configuration of my 3IS350 includes ML, and that's something that I don't want at all. lol (But I had no choice but to take it.)
Old 06-30-13, 11:25 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

ML is one of the best if not best factory offered systems for the price. It beat the very expensive B&O system in the audi. ML doesnt cost that much either. On my 06 IS350 it was a $900 option, well worth it.

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-Ul...urround-20229/
Old 06-30-13, 11:29 AM
blksolara
Driver

Originally Posted by doctorttt
Hey dude. I'm not an expert of audio system. I'm curious - what's so good about ML? The configuration of my 3IS350 includes ML, and that's something that I don't want at all. lol (But I had no choice but to take it.)
Everyone recommends it. For only $1100 more, why not? Most users swear that it's day and night but I recommend getting it than regreting it later that you didnt.
Old 06-30-13, 01:48 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone recommends it. For only $1100 more, why not? Most users swear that it's day and night but I recommend getting it than regreting it later that you didnt.
If you could get it, better go for it. It is not available in Canada if you opt for RWD IS250/350 regular or F Sport. I listened to the stock 8-speaker sound system and it is okay if sitting in the front. If sitting in the rear, I find the sound less coherent due to reduced number of speakers as well as lack of speakers at ear level. This was only an initial impression as I spent about 5 minutes in a demo 3IS though.

I look forward to do an audition on the Mark Levinson but it is just something good to know as I would go for a RWD IS regardless.
Old 07-01-13, 03:23 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
1-2 weeks is very fast... actual custom order is 120 days + they wont do them for first month or two.
Where did you hear that?
I had been talking to my dealer since early May when information and pricing had first been released. I then got a call from him the week of May 13th saying that I should come in and see if we close the deal as their Lexus rep said that the order needed to get in by May 20th in order to be fulfilled by the time the first allotments were arriving, which would be the 2-3 months.
I will be quite annoyed if the fact that the order is not even going to be processed until July and actually be 5 months out.
The one to two weeks would be to locate one from the current shipments I would imagine.
Old 07-01-13, 08:37 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

I officially placed my order on March 27th and my current order status is as follows:

Your vehicle has arrived at the processing center. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery.

I'm getting anxious!

Quick Reply: Status Updates of Orders